Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Find A Third/Be A Third

Old    ScottRobinson            04-22-2010, 10:54 AM Reply   
Hey 35, central Indiana, ride at Mississasinawa Res. 4 kids, EPIC boat on its way, lookin for others who enjoy riding. Hit me up, got boat (2011 EPIC 23V) just lookin for some peeps to ride with, preferably daytime or mornings weekday. Yeah I know hard cuz of work, but I own my own business so easy for me. Just hit me up
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-23-2010, 4:36 PM Reply   
Check the Kokomo Ski Club. I would but too far of a drive for most days. Enjoy the boat!
Old    ScottRobinson            04-23-2010, 6:00 PM Reply   
Where you from?
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-25-2010, 6:19 AM Reply   
Scott, I live near cadar point, OH, and would love to stop by on my way out to st.louis, where my parents live. I teach, so weekdays are no problem. Do you surf? I have a wakesurfer too, if you or the kids want to try it.
Old    ScottRobinson            04-25-2010, 12:51 PM Reply   
Yeah for for Joe. I surf, however the new EPIC 2011 23v is on order and due here in 3 weeks. So never have behind that boat yet. Anyway if you are ever around hit me up, send me an email through here as it goes to my phone. What do you teach, all my family are teachers except me. Mom, Dad, Sister...not me, decided not enough money in it to start...lol....sorry...but summers off got to be killer!!
Old    ScottRobinson            04-25-2010, 5:22 PM Reply   
Ok, anyone from Indiana? Just bad we have no one posting anything...!
Old    ScottRobinson            05-08-2010, 11:56 AM Reply   
No one from Indiana really!!! wow
Old     (Lawdog)      Join Date: May 2010       05-09-2010, 4:04 PM Reply   
Northern Indiana here. I dont go to Central Indiana very often but if you come North let me know.
Old     (chris_s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       05-17-2010, 7:35 PM Reply   
whats up dude, i live in South Bend, IN, tryin to find some people to ride with too, just moved here about 2 months ago. Usually ride at a small lake in michigan. I'd be down if you can get a couple others,
Old     (mastercraf)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-20-2010, 7:43 PM Reply   
Northwest IN...the region area
Old    ScottRobinson            05-21-2010, 8:28 AM Reply   
Few more, glad to see it. Wish I were closer guys.
Old     (tysonma)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-21-2010, 12:19 PM Reply   
Southern Indiana here... we ride on the Ohio, the Green River (which is off the Ohio) and Rough River, in KY. Live near Evansville if your familiar with this part of the state.
Old     (chris_s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       05-21-2010, 12:21 PM Reply   
im down for a road trip, was gonna meet some guys in noblesville area this summer
Old     (tysonma)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-21-2010, 12:21 PM Reply   
P.S. I teach as well! One week left for me!!!!
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-21-2010, 1:07 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/event.php?event_id=2841
Old     (hXc_broader)      Join Date: May 2010       05-24-2010, 4:31 PM Reply   
Elkhart area here. We ride at Sturgis MI at Klinger Lake, but when windy we hit up the St Joe river.
Chris S - I work in South Bend so if you ever need a third shoot me an email through the site. If anyone is in the Elkhart area and are looking for a pull, let me know. I am looking for a solid crew to help push me this year.
Old    ScottRobinson            05-27-2010, 10:15 AM Reply   
Nice to see a few more show up....wish some would show up a bit closer....lol
Old     (geistwatersportscom)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-27-2010, 12:46 PM Reply   
Scott,

I used to go up there every Wednesday from 3p to dark...... The crew sort of fell apart since my buddy with a 230 got married and fell off the map. We had some great sessions. I am on Geist down in Indy. Takes me about 1:15min to get to the Launch at Mississinawa. I would love to get up there and ride again sometime. Right now I am getting over a separated shoulder and a tweaked knee...... So, I am looking to start wakeboarding in about a month. I could bring a few guys up too....... everyone is good for gas money and can drive etc. Hit me up on email robriewoldt@yahoo.com or call 317-657-8768. Like I said probably a good month before I am healthy.
Old    ScottRobinson            05-28-2010, 11:13 AM Reply   
Hey sent and email to that email Rob ...hit me up that will be great to get some people out there and ride.

Scott
Old     (chris_s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-01-2010, 11:26 AM Reply   
Good to hear of some people that like to ride in this area. Stephen - I live part time at Birch Lake in Vandalia, and work in Elkhart, so im always in the area. Im pretty much always down to ride, our boat is wimpy and not too much fun to ride behind, but works for now. Let me know
Old     (naptownwake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-01-2010, 8:03 PM Reply   
I'm on the north side, I try to make it up to Mississinewa every weekend...love that spot.

I may not be able to match your epic, but I just installed stargazer in my Nautique Super Sport, and I just got my ballast puppies w/ ~3000lbs on the way!

more than anything, I'd just be pumped to ride w/ like minded riders, whether it's your boat or mine. theres no better way to progress than to ride with people that can push one another and have fun in the process.

jackkloepfer2@hotmail.com or jackk@angieslist.com
Old     (chris_s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-04-2010, 2:07 PM Reply   
ok so lets do it, the water is gettin warm...lets set a time for a bunch of us to meet up...
Old     (Lawdog)      Join Date: May 2010       06-11-2010, 10:46 PM Reply   
Stephen Pysh and Chris S, hit me up. I'm in the Granger area. I work in South Bend. I normally go to Diamond, Eagle, Juno and sometimes Simonton. I dont know the river real well but I'm not against it. Let me know.
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-14-2010, 6:03 AM Reply   
I may be staying at a relative’s cabin on Dewart lake soon. Anyone on that lake or one of the others nearby?
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-14-2010, 6:44 AM Reply   
There's some good riders on Dewart. Flag down the 205
Old    ScottRobinson            06-14-2010, 7:00 AM Reply   
Hey A-dub how is Dewart for riding? We have been lookin at house's on a lake and saw that lake...good for a lake house?
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-15-2010, 6:52 AM Reply   
Depends what you're looking for. Dewart is smaller, less busy but it's much easier to get busy, kind of nicer an quiet. Good crew around there. There's Tippicanoe(super nice, big, chains and channels), Winona (prob one of the best), Wawasee which is the main attraction ($$$, busy, partytime, resturaunts, boat church) and a bunch of other small ones. I would recommend going up and visiting a few lakes on a weekend. Tons of houses for sale up that way right now.
Old     (chris_s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       06-15-2010, 2:49 PM Reply   
Dewart is probably 45 min from me, I work in Elkhart, so I'll be around. Im off all day tomorrow if anyone wants to ride?
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-15-2010, 3:43 PM Reply   
I will post the dates I'll be up there as soon as I know. Thanks guys.
Old    ScottRobinson            06-15-2010, 6:24 PM Reply   
Hey guys, I would love to take a day and maybe get all together somewhere and ride. Anyone have any thoughts on that? I know we have some from all around but looks like we only go from Indy north.

A-dub yeah looking at Webster, Winona, Bass, Tippy and Manitou. Thoughts? Only rode Manitou. Want quiet and good riding water. Hate crowds, not a party guy at all (love a good beer while surfing tho) just want a solid place to ride with a house on it. Just heard of Dewart never been there. Would go if there is someone that would give me a pull, or bring my Epic boat and give others a pull.

Hit me up on thoughts on some people riding sometime. I can go anyday anytime.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-16-2010, 6:17 AM Reply   
Hmm. Tippy is large and in charge, prob one of the best all around, but gets busy. Don't know much about Bass and Manitou, heard good things about Bass. Webster is good, just round and more populated. Winona is further out there, still round, but less crowded in my mind. Thing about Tippi is you have somewhat of a chance to get away from people, but they are everywhere. Look at Big and Little Chapman lakes, little less populated. Dewart is pretty small, not crowded, but small
Old    ScottRobinson            06-16-2010, 7:04 AM Reply   
Thanks Dub....we just got to get out and ride some of them. Isn't Chapman or part of Chapman a 10mph lake?
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-16-2010, 7:21 AM Reply   
I've been on Big Chapman and rode it.
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-17-2010, 8:49 AM Reply   
July 9-11 I'll be at Dewart lake if anyone can give a pull. I'm also interested in trying some surf boards other than my broadcast if there are any surfers up there.
Old     (watersun)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-17-2010, 9:05 AM Reply   
I'm in the Fort Wayne area and ride as much as possible behind my 2008 SAN 210 or my buddies 2000 x-star. I have a couple places to ride that don't get too busy on the weekends until after noon or so, but there are no houses on them to stay at. Any public lake in Indiana is basically unrideable on the weekends. Tippy is crazy busy unless you get out there early in the morning. Isn't Dewart connected to Tippy? I rode on Webster Memorial Day weekend and it was decent until about 9:30am. Let me know if anyone wants to hook up and ride one weekend morning just south of Fort Wayne and I'll see if we can make something happen.
Old    ScottRobinson            06-17-2010, 9:53 AM Reply   
Hey JKW where do you ride normally? I am at Missasinewa but would trip it for a pull with some guys. Let me know.
Old     (watersun)      Join Date: Jun 2009       06-17-2010, 6:38 PM Reply   
Scott, sent you a PM
Old    ScottRobinson            06-20-2010, 1:36 PM Reply   
JKW, got it...
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       06-28-2010, 5:53 PM Reply   
Coming up in less than two weeks. Anyone on Dewart? PM me.
Old    ScottRobinson            06-29-2010, 8:10 PM Reply   
Sorry man not me...
Old     (mmobius2001)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-07-2010, 9:19 PM Reply   
I live in Michigan City, IN and ride on Pine lake in La Porte, "Northeast Indy" basically on the michigan/indy border. The lake is alright, but kinda small so the lake is pretty rough all the time, i cant remember the last time i've rode on good water.
Old     (Lawdog)      Join Date: May 2010       07-07-2010, 9:42 PM Reply   
Hey Phil, hit me up some time, I'm on the East side of South Bend.
Old     (akwarner141)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-12-2010, 7:28 PM Reply   
Scott, i'm from rochester (lake manitou) and just graduated from ball state and still have an apartment in muncie, so i'm back and forth between the two all the time and kokomo is right in the middle. i've been extremely busy all summer and have actually only gotten to ride once, so i'm itchin to get on the water more. anytime you're wanting to ride let me know and we'll see if we can't work something out! i would love to get behind an epic, they look soo sick, i have a mastercraft x10 on manitou in rochester if you're ever interested in coming and riding up there too.
Old     (CrashMan)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-24-2010, 5:29 AM Reply   
hey guys new to the forum. Scott I live in Muncie and usually split time between Brookville res and Salamonie. Did you know they just changed the rules on Prairie Creek Res to allow wakeboarding and wake surfing (or "wave surfing" as the park office calls it)?
Old    ScottRobinson            07-25-2010, 9:20 AM Reply   
Adam one of these days I would love to get up there. We are looking for houses around there for next year. I haven't been up there in a few years so would love to go.

Bob, I don't know where Prairie creek is....?
Old     (CrashMan)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-25-2010, 10:15 AM Reply   
prairie creek res is the water co res for Muncie. it's about 5 miles southeast of Muncie. It's not the greatest lake in the world but would be convenient for any Ball Staters out there. They only let you wakeboard on the south end but there aren't usually many other boats out there

I'm headed up to Tippy late August- I've been on Webster and wawasee but never been to tippy
Old    ScottRobinson            07-26-2010, 7:26 AM Reply   
I have heard great things about Tippy. We are starting our search for lake houses on Tippy, Webster or Manitou. I have been on Manitou but not the other two so we are going to also try to get up there. Let me know how it goes.

I knew of that lake, (went to BSU) but thought it was called Delaware Res. Big enough but not sure I would put my boat out on it ...just my .02
Old     (dwday)      Join Date: Dec 2008       07-27-2010, 10:26 AM Reply   
PM sent Scott. More than willing to do gas/drive and help out where I can if you're still looking.
Old    ScottRobinson            07-27-2010, 10:30 AM Reply   
just sent one back.
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-28-2010, 8:10 PM Reply   
Come on guys...I drove from NEBRASKA to ride with Scott. Great guy, great wake....Hope to do it again!
Old     (rkepling)      Join Date: Jan 2012       03-14-2012, 10:37 PM Reply   
This is way way late, but I thought I would try to reply with the upcoming season. The guys I rode with last year have graduated and moved onto different states. I'm still here in Lafayette, IN, but i'm originally from Logansport. If you are still going to be going out this season, I would really really enjoy the opportunity to ride along and I'd be more than happy to provide gas money. I'm new to the sport, and i just am hooked, only problem is that i don't know anyone who really rides as much as i'd like to. Let me know!
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-30-2012, 1:32 PM Reply   
80 degrees on Sunday, anyone riding or know a place thats flat with 13 mph winds?
Old     (cullie140)      Join Date: Apr 2012       05-20-2012, 7:04 PM Reply   
moved to the Syracuse area just before last summer after graduating and didn't get out to the lake much. Have a slip on Wawasee now. Looking to find some people to ride with this summer or anyone without a boat looking to get out on the water. I'm not a great skier or wakeboarder just like being out on the water and having some fun behind the boat. Willing to try out some other lakes, I've heard good things about Tippy. After buying my boat I've just had it on Wawasee. Its an older V-drive but gets the job done.
Old     (rkepling)      Join Date: Jan 2012       05-20-2012, 7:09 PM Reply   
Hey man! I'm up in Lafayette, but I am more than willing to make the drive wherever. I don't have a boat and the guys I used to ride with have moved out of state. Rkepling@purdue.edu is my email address if you could email me, I'd love to get in touch and see if we could get some sessions going this summer. I look forward to hearing from you!
Old     (watersun)      Join Date: Jun 2009       05-22-2012, 5:53 PM Reply   
I'll be up on Wawasee this weekend as my in-laws have a place there. I'm not gonna bother bringing my boat up because its normally super rough, but if you wanna try and ride early Sunday or Monday morning, send me a PM and maybe we an hook up.
Old     (Dman726749)      Join Date: May 2012       05-30-2012, 1:46 PM Reply   
I live on the west side of Indy in Avon. Have a i/o without a tower or ballast, but it gets me out on the water. Always looking for people to go out with on weekdays. I am a teacher so starting monday I will be off and free most days. If you have a boat I am a willing 3rd with gas money and boat driving abality. We generally go out to Raccoon state park or Lieber state park, but am open to going most places, I just want to ride, Oh...I am not that good too
Old     (9645glazier)      Join Date: Feb 2012       06-17-2012, 10:42 PM Reply   
We've got a place on Snow Lake in Angola, couple of college kids, intermediate level. Looking to find a couple locals, learn, chill. We've got a 08 X-2 and the fly high kit. Any takers? Trying to keep it to people on the lake already, or right around the Angola area.
Old     (HygOctaneGraphics)      Join Date: Oct 2011       07-25-2012, 7:45 AM Reply   
always looking for new people to hang with. We are southside of Indy and usually hit Cataract, monroe or brookeville. Always looking for new spots with ridable water. we are just getting into wakeboarding but love being on the water. here's a link to my boat, if you see us on the water come up and say hello! http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=794703