Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2008

Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-11-2008, 8:13 AM Reply   
Chris,Ken and I had a blast at Camelback yesterday.The weather was nice and the place was a ghost town.My riding is slowly improving to the point where I'm now taking on small obstacles. I just wish I didn't wait until I was fat and old to try to teach myself how to snowboard. Here are a couple of our videos from the day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9Ne5b0NJKU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DJ9X-yv0Jk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGArAn1cwPI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbEDujzIgME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1BGEhQvp1Y
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-11-2008, 10:45 AM Reply   
When we went snowboarding yesterday we took a friend of mine who is a beginner skier and had some fun staging a couple funny pics with him to send to our friends. Here is the link to the pictures.

http://s272.photobucket.com/albums/jj187/wakejim/?action=view&current=323899bf.pbw
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-11-2008, 11:25 AM Reply   
Jim B, Those pics are awesome! The one on the tree is my favorite.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-11-2008, 11:27 AM Reply   
Check your p.o. box Jeff Z.
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-11-2008, 4:49 PM Reply   
Has anyone received the official 2008 NJ Wakefest flier in the mail yet? In our area they should have started hitting in homes today.
For the mid west and west coast, maybe tomorrow or Thursday.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-11-2008, 5:47 PM Reply   
Mine came yesterday.
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-11-2008, 7:22 PM Reply   
Wow! We dropped them in the mail Sunday afternoon. Took less then 1 day for you to get it. That's Great, now that you have the date, you can mark it on your calendar and start spreading the word! We're trying to make it better then last year if that's possible!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-11-2008, 7:37 PM Reply   
Ok, I have a small confession. I miscalculated just a pinch, and as a result I didn't buy enough postage
to get the entire mailing out all at once like I had planned. No biggie really. Some fliers just went out a
little later than others. And there's even a small handful that are still waiting to go!

I don't know about anyone else, but these longer days now and the little bit warmer weather has really started
to get my blood pumping! I'm only about a month away now from cutting off the shrink wrap, and I can't wait.

Anyone thinking about any new gear for this season? The only thing I'm considering is a new handle and mainline.
Old     (lazypiper)      Join Date: Jan 2008       03-12-2008, 4:27 AM Reply   
What is the date????????? I want to mark my calendar too. I'll have a group coming down from www.meetup.com last year we had about 10 people from the meetup group there. One question. Is there a marina that I can launch from? $50 is a bit steep to launch for a weekend plus a room. Or maybe Ill com down Friday and leave it a a marina for the weekend.
Old     (jckamp00)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-12-2008, 5:16 AM Reply   
ya whens the date? i dont think ill get one out here in the sand box!!

Im plannin on buyin some closed toe boots a new vest and a wake skate
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-12-2008, 11:53 AM Reply   
The date is June 14th 2K8.
Old     (holiday13)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-12-2008, 12:21 PM Reply   
Father's day weekend, nice, now I have a fantastic excuse to spend the day on the water!
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-12-2008, 4:28 PM Reply   
Great pictures Jim!

Funny stuff.
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-12-2008, 4:59 PM Reply   
Ok Jeff, Kev, this is where you give us a count down every week of how many days till Wakefest! :-)
Old     (wakespider)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-13-2008, 7:05 AM Reply   
64 days and counting!
Old     (lazypiper)      Join Date: Jan 2008       03-13-2008, 8:12 AM Reply   
So far I have ten people coming to wakefest I'm hoping to get three boats down there. Last year we had a small group of 8 but never hooked up. This year looks to be alot different. The group will probably be 15 to 20 people. I hope not to many more.

http://wakeboarding.meetup.com/19/calendar/7517429/

Dave W it looks like the guy wants to pick up the trailer March 29. I'm going with the Tidewater. They are going to set up the trailer at Sterling for the hull. Oh and don't worry your not one of the three boats.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-13-2008, 3:00 PM Reply   
Kev Mc, glad to hear the whole trailer deal is coming together for you. That Tidewater looks like a nice piece. Let me know when you're heading to the lake to pick-up your X-star, maybe I'll meet you up there.
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-14-2008, 7:29 AM Reply   
92 Baby!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-14-2008, 12:04 PM Reply   
Even though I'm not Irish I was trying to figure out a way to celebrate St. Patricks Day. After very little thought I have decided to head back up to Camelback wear some green boxer shorts and do some more snowboarding.Wait till you see how I celebrate Arbor Day,LOL.
Old     (lazypiper)      Join Date: Jan 2008       03-14-2008, 12:32 PM Reply   
Heres what I'm doing on the 17th besides tring to drink all the beer in NYC. I'm the fifth one over with the black Guinness shirt on.BTW let me know if anyone needs alittle exrta weight for ballast. I know a guy.
Upload
Upload
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-14-2008, 1:18 PM Reply   
Wow,that hat sure does make his head look big. lol

Kevin have a beer for me and I'll dedicate one of my runs down the terrain park to you.
Old     (wakespider)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-14-2008, 5:39 PM Reply   
You know I just may accidently refer to him as "ballast" now. Thanks a lot :-)
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-14-2008, 9:43 PM Reply   
We have a good friend who carries a bit of manly husk, and his presence on Brian & Annette's boat while they were wakesurfing earned him the nickname "Big Curl!" He was also one of the grill masters at Wakefest 2007.

Kevin & Chris: Did I meet you guys at the NYC boat show?
Old     (lazypiper)      Join Date: Jan 2008       03-15-2008, 7:48 AM Reply   
Yes
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-16-2008, 8:11 PM Reply   
I added Wakefest to the Wakeworld events listing, and I see it's falling on the same day as
Brostock #1 at Lake Powell. I guess we won't be attracting any west coast riders this year.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-17-2008, 5:12 AM Reply   
Happy St. Patricks Day to all! (I know this is Justins' favorite day of the year) :-) And we have an irish bagpiper in our group (lazypiper). Hey Kev Mc, are you in the parade in NY today?

Laura and I will be hitting the local watering hole later for a pint of green beer! YUM!
Old     (lazypiper)      Join Date: Jan 2008       03-17-2008, 5:51 AM Reply   
Yes it's 8:50 am and on my way to meet the band at a pub on 45 st. wish me luck I'll need it today.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-20-2008, 6:47 AM Reply   
Happy Vernal Equinox people! The first day of Spring! I can't stress enough how I can't WAIT to cut the
shrink wrap off of the Super Air. It won't be long now. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equinox

Dorothee's in town for a week or so. Maybe I should throw together a spontaneous Dorothee party!

I have something pretty cool on the Wakefest burner right now, but it's still more ify than probable.

You know, I've been dieting, excercising and working-out in preparation for the up season, but I think some
solid boot camp basic training at The Wake Academy may be what I really need to get my 2008 season off
on the right foot.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-21-2008, 11:45 AM Reply   
I'm leaving the boat under wraps and taking my kids and some friends up to Camelback on Monday for our last ride of the 08 winter season.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-21-2008, 12:29 PM Reply   
Hey all,
Did everyone get the latest WakeboardNJ.com email Newsletter? If you didn't, and would like to...drop me an email to wakeboardnj@gmail.com with the subject line NEWSLETTER and I will add you to the distribution list.

I hope to be taking the MC to SanBar Marina for some needed canvas work!

KG
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-23-2008, 6:19 AM Reply   
Happy Easter everyone!

Saw this on the news, really big vessel on the Delaware river! "Big John"

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=6036217

Wish I had the boat in the water to catch some pictures of this baby!
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       03-23-2008, 7:38 PM Reply   
What's up, Jersey crew!
I send Happy Easter wishes out there as well, and I hope the bunny hooked everyone up with sweets and treats! I personally spent the better part of the day chasing a 4 year-old who was on an 8 hour sugar high!
Needless to say I'm just as stoked about the fast approaching season as everyone else. Obviously I'm especially interested in the upcoming season as I'm on the verge of realizing a dream I've had of starting a wakeboarding school.

Things have continued to really come together on all of this. I have a Web site, a boat on order and a whole lot of energy invested in this project with still plenty more to kick down.

This is an informal invite for my Jersey Riders thread heads to go peep my still-unfinished Web site. What I'm hoping to get is as many suggestions and comments I can get from you as I move forward towards completion. From color choice to content- I am ready to take in any advice or direction you might have to offer. I am using a template based system to build the site myself, so it's not gonna win any art awards for design!
Also, I have an actual logo being deigned that I'll be dropping in shortly. www.thewakeacademy.com

Thanks in advance. And I really appreciate all the input I got with selecting a name.

And Dave, my Dad was flying his plane of Saturday and was circling the carrier as it came up the Delaware. He had to leave the airspace once it was within 7 miles of the Philly airport, but he said it looked really cool from 800 feet up!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-24-2008, 7:30 PM Reply   
JB the site looks great man. I wouldn't change a single thing about it. I'm glad to see your dream is coming true for you.

Today I took my 2 girls and their 2 friends up to Camelback to end the season and say goodbye to a mountain that has been good to me this year.I started this winter with barely being able to ride down a beginner slope to getting comfortable on a board now. My snowboarding on the slopes has progressed a ton in only 6 times on a board. I'm also moving up slowly in the terrain park. This video from today doesn't look like much, but for me to finally get the nerve up to go after the bigger slider was like slaying a dragon to me. We had great conditions today and created another family memory that I hope will kids will remember for many years to come.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-vMBZZy0U8
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       03-25-2008, 4:29 AM Reply   
Jim, that's good stuff. What a triumphant way to wrap up the snowboarding season. And now it'll only be a few weeks until the start of wakeboarding. It doesn't look like you'll ever have the time to get that knee worked on!
Old     (wakespider)      Join Date: Feb 2008       03-25-2008, 5:39 AM Reply   
Jeff,

The site looks great and I can't wait for the warm weather. Do I have to book my safe driving lesson in advance - HAHA! :-)
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-25-2008, 5:03 PM Reply   
JB, let me be one of MANY supporters,fans, and friends to say CONGRATULATIONS! The new wake academy school is a huge move and one we all know you will succeed in. We all wish you the best of luck!! The site is looking good, templates can be very helpful in building a site and you will only get better. Do you have plans to take payments through ecommerce once you really get up an running? (paypal for example) Something to chew on.

I can't wait to see the new boat as well! Big news is happening in Jersey and the Wakefest planning seems to have been moving along nicely.

Hopefully I can get in some better shape for the upcoming season. This desk job, along with my laziness, has gotten the best of me this past year.

Hope all is well with everyone within the NJ crew as well the those who drop in on our little piece of WW.
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       03-25-2008, 7:58 PM Reply   
Chris, I'll do anything to make a buck! Another buddy called already to schedule a sunset cruise!

And Justin, thanks for the suggestion on paypal. I have an account so I should link it to my site. I also saw services that will allow people to use credit cards, too. I gotta get that dialed.

But this is definitely going to be success by necessity- that boat didn't come cheap! I have a serious commitment on my hands but I'm sure it will justify its existence. I am just so excited about the whole thing! Little kid on Christmas eve excited!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-25-2008, 9:15 PM Reply   
The website just keeps looking better and better JB. And I think the logo is excellent. Leave it to our
in-house financial advisor to suggest you link-up to Paypal!

What's up Justin! Haven't seen you here in a while. You wings, beer and cigar pictures from North Carolina
were great! When you and Michele are in Beach Haven West you should pop over to 60 Sylvia for a little nip
of the Oro Azul. Or we can go to my favorite cigar shop in Beach Haven and destroy a couple of robustos.

It's good to see you posting Chris.

On sort of a said note, I reached-out to Shaun Murray about coming to wakefest. He said he's like to
come-up and hang with the New Jersey crew, but he already booked wakefest weekend to do a clinic in
South Carolina. Oh well.
Old     (jckamp00)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-26-2008, 12:38 PM Reply   
hey everyone just wanted to say its hotter than hell here now hit 99 yesterday and it only gets hotter from there! i bet you all wish for the heat and the sun as well.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-26-2008, 2:13 PM Reply   
Johan bring some of that heat back with you,Please. Hey Johan it turns out that Mo has joined the army and leaves in 2 weeks for boot camp. So no Mo this summer to ride with.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-26-2008, 3:21 PM Reply   
Oh no! No mo' Mo? Say it ain't so! Where diddy go?
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-27-2008, 11:00 AM Reply   
What up Jersey! 78 to go..
JB site looks good brudda!
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-27-2008, 12:46 PM Reply   
I'd like to get shaun here sometime over the summer for a clinic!
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-27-2008, 5:54 PM Reply   
Hey Alex thanks for the shout out. I know I haven't been posting much lately, I work way too damn much now and by the time I get home I am usually only briefly checking email really quick and that's it. And usually that's about 1x per week. I hate not being able to get on any site while at work. It's getting worse and worse.

Michele and I would definitely love to stop over. We've actually finished up the floors of the shore house so it looks money! I believe we will be there the weekend of the 4th and 5th so perhaps we can swing by. We miss everyone. I'll be in St. Louis traveling for work the 12th-13th. We had a killer time down in NC. The crew would love it down there!! (**hint hint**)

The birds are chirping in the morning, that means SPRING is here! Got to love it!

And even zukowski is checking in! What's up man? How's MA treating you?

That's a shame that Shaun can't make it. Doreen is probably "upset". Haha.

Oh yeah, Dave, thanks for the Happy St. Pat's wish. I didn't notice it before when I posted. I typically haven't been reading through all of the missed posts. We spent St. Pat's down in Charlotte, NC. It was a good time.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-27-2008, 6:25 PM Reply   
Justin, My parents make settlement on the house they just built in North Carolina tomorrow morning at 9am. They are going to be living in Rural Hall N.C. from now on.
Old     (chrisnj)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-28-2008, 12:54 PM Reply   
Alex, sent you an email about some wakefest goodies. Hopefully you got it?

JB, sites looking good dude! Keep it up!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-28-2008, 6:20 PM Reply   
Got the email Chris. Thanks. You've got mail.

Tomorrow, Saturday March 29, I'll be heading to Bordentown to pick-up my 2008 ramp permit and
to do some
event site mapping. I'll probably be hitting town around mid-morning some time, so if anyone's in
town and feels like shooting the shiz and wasting some time, give me a holla.

What Justin? Wakeboard/Indoboard party Saturday night April 5 at 60 Sylvia?

Keep the count downs coming Jeff Z. It keeps the pressure on and keeps me on track.

Hey Johan...can you get Cuban cigars over there? I don't think Uncle Sam would mind you bringing back a handful
for a post wakefest celebratory puff-up!
Old     (jckamp00)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-29-2008, 4:43 AM Reply   
i think i can make that happen! ill see what i can do! i know we can get them out here but i gotta talk to my hook up at the post office to see if i can get them mailed back. but i dont see a problem with it. how many should i look at gettin?
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-29-2008, 4:45 AM Reply   
Justin, NC trip for the crew would be good <hint>. But savings for a Lake Powell crew trip...Now that's great!

There are quite a few on here we haven't heard from in awhile also. Doug, George, Woody, Charles, Cole, Sean....to name a few.

Hope everyone is doing well looking forward to the season already!
Old     (jckamp00)      Join Date: Jun 2007       03-29-2008, 4:48 AM Reply   
i know we dont got any wakeskaters on the crew but anyone know any good boards?
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-29-2008, 5:49 AM Reply   
I usually keep a Hyperlite Scape 116 on the Super Air just in case someone wants to wakeskate. It's
a generic user friendly board. And since it's topped with foam instead of grit tape, and also because I don't
have to worry about jamming my toes doing kick flips or anything, I ride it barefoot.
Upload

Doug used to come on the Super Air and bring some everyday Vans street sneakers that he used to use as
wakeskate sneakers. The dye would bleed out all over the wet towels everytime.
Old     (wakecis)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-29-2008, 7:51 AM Reply   
Hi Guys,

Checking in on the forum after a long winter. Hopefully everybody is thawing out and getting ready for another good season. Although Michelle certainly did have the first runs of '08, (and i am very impressed at her resolve), i managed to squeeze in a few runs just before '07 ran out. here are a few sequence shots from the rixen in ft lauderdale.

looking forward to getting on the water soon!
Upload
Old     (wakecis)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-29-2008, 7:52 AM Reply   
Upload
Old     (chrisnj)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-29-2008, 8:37 AM Reply   
Johan, definitely grab a couple for me if you can bro! And I was planning to pick up a wakeskate for jims boat, so we need to colaborate a little on that one!

Charles, sick pics dude!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-29-2008, 5:19 PM Reply   
Cool pictures Charles. I can't say I've ever heard of The Rixen cable park.

Well, my cold weather trip to Bordentown today was productive. I got my 2008 ramp pass, I did some event
site land surveying, we hit Chickie's & Pete's for lunch, in a one-in-a-million-chance occurrence
we found ourselves at Manahawkin's Ocean Tent Rental's second location grand opening event in Mount Holly
and we (Doreen actually) negotiated some really good pricing for some Wakefest rentals, and then we headed over
to Lightning Jack's Marina to check-out the home turf of The Wake Academy. We also stopped at that big
outdoor flea market on 206 for the first time, but it was too cold to shuffle around there for very long.
I posted a handful of pictures at http://wakeboardnj.com/ridersblog.htm

I checked-out that website Chris. The focus is clearly on surfboarding, but it's pretty cool; funny actually!
Old     (scilost)      Join Date: Jun 2004       03-30-2008, 8:34 PM Reply   
Yellow-
Hi everyone, checkin in here while I have a couple minutes of downtime at my first day in the new office. In case you were wondering tommorrow is a pretty good day with about 25 (82)degree weather and not a cloud in the sky. (I got a alittle sunburnt yesterday but that is okay. Apparently there is a hole in the Ozone above this place so i am going to have to be more careful with sunscreen.)

Besides that how is everyone and anyone doing. It looks like Charles had a good time in Florida. Jim and Crew has been ripping it up in PA and JB is becoming alittle bit of an entrepreneur. Doreen you know i miss you so whats new? Johan you should fly this way on your way home, I think you would like it.

Anyway so tequila is extremely hard for me to find. When i do find it, it is outlandishly expensive, so i may have to indulge in the other vices our friends like. There is certainly no shortage of Cigars here and cubans are always available.

Well i have to run but in case you are ever wondering what tommorrow will be like just shoot me an email and I will let you know.

Alright talk to you all soon.

Doug

P.S. I just now received an email from Customs saying my bags are cleared, that means my wakeboard will be in my possesion tommorrow. Guess it is time to get on the water!!

(Message edited by scilost on March 30, 2008)
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-01-2008, 8:11 PM Reply   
Alright! Doug checking-in from Australia! It's pretty crazy to think about how you're on the other side
of the friggin' planet for the next nine or so months. Cuban cigars? Go for it brother. Go for it.

Was it crazy warm outside today or what??!! I'm cutting the shrink wrap off of The Super Air on April 12
and I so can't wait.
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-03-2008, 9:50 AM Reply   
That’s great Doug! Glad to see you’re getting settled in. I hope you got your bags by now and don’t worry about that Tequila issue, just keep the faith and it will all work out.

So much going on with JB starting up The Wake Academy, Wakefest 08, and beginning of our season edging closer each day…. Good stuff!

We got back from vacation on the 22nd (we had a blast!!) and jumped right into baseball. I have a really good group of kids this year and Anthony is having a lot of fun as he is friends with so many of kids on our team. I think this year was a payoff for the last season.

Nice pics Charles.

See you all soon
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-03-2008, 7:43 PM Reply   
Hey Eustace...you have those Pop Warners sliding into second with thier cleats up? Are the pitchers
instructed in the art of chin music if the batters are crowding the plate? You gotta love baseball.

At the Push Process premiere Keith Lyman was definitely into coming to Wakefest this year. But he contacted
me the other day to tell me he's obligated to attend LF's Brostock at Lake Powell the same weekend as
Wakefest. Oh well. Strike two.

I talked to SOS Craig today. He's really psyched and looking forwawrd to Wakefest and he has a pretty big
announcement to make soon. I might try to get down to SOS this Saturday after work. And of course, a
trip to SOS means a stop at Frankie's!

Hey JB: Doreen says you need to add The Wake Academy website address to your WW profile.
Old     (wakespider)      Join Date: Feb 2008       04-05-2008, 3:00 AM Reply   
Alex and Wakefest folks: I'm also a publicist. Let me know if you need help getting local media coverage, calendar listings, etc.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-05-2008, 4:26 AM Reply   
Ms. Salvatore? Help!

In other Wakefest news, visits to SOS, San Bar and Flash are all scheduled for this weekend. Does stuffing
my face at Frankie's qualify as a Wakefest function?
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-06-2008, 8:30 AM Reply   
Alex, I stopped by 60 Sylvia yesterday but you weren't there, I am assuming since you had to work and made a grub stop at Frankie's that I probably missed you. I'm down here in Manahawkin at my parent's house. Here's a shot of the lagoon on this nasty, dreary Sunday morning.

Upload

Yesterday was gorgeous out though, we had nice weather. My family got together down here to celebrate my mom and step-dad's 50th birthdays! We all went out to dinner at L.A.'s on Rte. 72 and then came home for some Mastori's Banana Split cake and some wine. It was a good time spent with the fam.

The boat will be down here soon so on a Sunday or something when we're not boarding Michele and I will cruise over to the 60 Sylvia lagoon and will have a "nip of the oro azul" and smoke some stogies.

SOS Craig is making a big announcement, hmm I wonder what it could be? That's a shame about Lyman, though I wasn't at the premiere to meet him I know his riding and he's incredible. We'll still have some great riders at the Wakefest like always.
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-07-2008, 5:47 AM Reply   
What up Jersey...
Docks are going in this week! Time to get back to the regularly scheduled program...
68 to go baby... Much love
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-07-2008, 10:08 AM Reply   
Hey Zuka, you coming down early for wakefest? We'll be in the water that friday.

Doug, good to hear from you in the land down under! Hope your having fun, post some pics of the area when you can.

Charles, Ski Rixen looks like a great place @ Deerfield Beach. I'm going to have to try that next year when I get down there. You ready to ride yet?

Justin, nice place your mom has there. Sounds like you and Michele will be doing some salt water riding this year huh?

Alex, Jeff from Sandy Point Marine is going to contact you about wakefest soon.
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-07-2008, 6:48 PM Reply   
Justin, I'm so happy you and Michele get to enjoy what Alex and I have every weekend on the water. Gotta love it!
As soon as the boat is in, let us know and we'll head over to Turtle Cove for some salt water riding again. The 609TCC crew lives on! Oh the memories. :-)

Wakefest is really starting to come together. Alex is hard at work as always making it the best ever. More info to be announced as it gets closer.

Jeff, thanks for the count down! Can't wait...:-)
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-08-2008, 7:37 PM Reply   
Justin: I didn't get to 60 Sylvia last weekend. I worked Saturday and spent the remainder of the weekend doing
Wakefest legwork. You're going to get a boat behind that house? You think you'll be able to navigate the
maze of lagoons to find your way to 60 Sylvia? You and Michele pulling-up to 60 Sylvia by boat; that's going
to be so cool. LA's used to be Fabian's, and since the ownership change prices have gone up and quality
has slipped. It's still ok, but it's not what it once was.

As far as Wakefest goes, I can't believe how fast it's approaching all of a sudden. Two girls from Sidewayz
might be coming out represent, but they haven't secured their flights yet. Dorothee's good friend Dominique
has already committed to attending Wakefest 2009! Sheesh. Wakefest 2008 is still nine weeks away and
plans for Wakefest 2009 are already being made!

I have a couple of things on the burner for Wakefest, but nothing's been firmed-up yet. But as soon as
things are in place I'll totally tell everyone.
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-09-2008, 5:54 AM Reply   
Hey guys.

Things are starting to warm up around here! The Wakefest buzz is starting to pick up speed. People are starting to cut off the winter shrink wrap and pretty soon they'll be some shredding on out local waterways. Aw yeah!
I can't believe we have someone already signed on for 2009. Further proof Jersey is gathering forward momentum.
I have some exciting news on the personal front. They started building my Malibu Wakesetter VLX yesterday! Somewhere around the 27th of April there will be one more wake boat ready to hit the water. Of course I have so much work traveling that I won't be able to get near the water until mid-May. That's alright, I'll enjoy the (exoensive) pride of ownership.

Doreen, thanks for the suggestion to put the Wake Academy's Web site address in my profile. I am surprised at the number of hits I've gotten already. I still have to finish it off so it'll be ready for business.

Justin, can you instruct me on how to set up paypal to accept payment? I'm clueless.

JZ, keep up the good work on the count.

Johan, your countdown is looking good too!
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-10-2008, 1:22 PM Reply   
It's Thursday April 10, and it's an absolutely beautiful Spring day here in New Jersey. I have REALLY got the
fever now! In less than 48 hours the shrink wrap will be off the boat and plans are already in place for
this year's maiden voyage. I may even bring my gear to Saturday's Mastercraft open house just in case!
Just like JB wrote, things are really starting to warm-up around here!
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-11-2008, 7:22 PM Reply   
Wanted to send a shout out from St. Louis, Missouri to all of the NJ Wakeboarders! Weather is crappy down here, a little cold but it's a nice city. Just ate dinner, #1 mission now is to find the nearest Cigar bar/Lounge!! I'm thinking about touring the Anheiser Busch brewery as well. On the way into downtown STL I saw a billboard for a place called Lumiere and what caught my eye were the words "Stogies and Slots, what could be better!" YES! So I found out it was a casino like 3 blocks from my hotel, guess where Justin's going tomorrow night?? (free shuttle too so I can get KRUNK!!)

www.lumiereplace.com
Old     (scilost)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-12-2008, 5:02 AM Reply   
Hey people I just posted some pictures to my webshots when i realized there are a bunch of wakeboarding pictures from summer 06 including the turtle shore two county challenge, I forgot all about them. Check them out if you want.

well all is good down here, talk to you guys soon

http://community.webshots.com/user/scilost
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-12-2008, 8:53 AM Reply   
hey doug, i might be able to get all of those pictures your promised to burn me all of those times! haha, i'm just busting your chops!! glad to hear things are well down under. how's the new job (or role) going?

By the way all, I didn't find any cigar bars/lounges last night so i was a little bummed. i did learn about one which is outside the city though.
Old     (michelelef)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-12-2008, 9:13 PM Reply   
Hi all,

Just wanted to check in. Things have been very hectic at work these past few months, and Justin and my weekends have just been booked up and flying by it seems.

JB, I can't wait to check out the new school. The site is awesome! I have never been so excited to be losing a fellow boat whore...lol Hopefully Justin and I will join you in your status someday ; ) Hope Juliette Sky and the rest of the family are doing well.

Jim, nice snowboard set-up. Bummer that it's the end of the season (although I know your stoked for wakeboarding to start), but it just makes next season that much sweeter!!

Doug, we definitely miss you. Hope things are going well over there for you. Love the pictures on the link and of course the cigar pic on http://wakeboardnj.com/ridersblog.htm Well done!!

Can't wait for the wakefest and to see everyone on the water. Today was a sick day of riding and hanging out with old friends and meeting new ones. Thanks so much to Sandy Point Marine...our new local Master Craft dealer...for your hospitality at your demo. Boarding with you all was awesome. Can't wait to do it again!!
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-13-2008, 6:37 AM Reply   
Doug, I am going to download Skype so next weekend when we're all together, we can call you and web cam to say hello.
If you can, you have to do the top of harbor bridge. They hook a cable to you and the bridge so you don't fall. The thrill is so up your alley!
But don'y try and jump off this bridge like you and Michele did at Raystown!

What a great day with the Sandy Point Marine crew. We were with these guys all day through the sun, rain, thunder and lightening, and the switching of boats. It was a great time watching Alex, Kevin, and Michele (2nd time out) riding and beginning the season. Wish more of the Jersey Crew could have made it out. Here's a pic starting off the day, and also what we posted to the blog. http://wakeboardnj.com/live.htm Upload
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       04-13-2008, 1:35 PM Reply   
Yep. Sho' nuff. The Sandy Point Marine Mastercraft open house was a good time. We got our first pulls
of the 2008 season under our belts, we talked Wakefest, we enjoyed a few adult beverages and we made some
cool new friends. It was also cool to hit a different New Jersey riding spot for the first time; the
Metedeconk River. Want to hear the funny story of the day. Of course there were lots of laughs all day long,
but the funniest thing that happened was when, after finishing her run, Michele realized she had put on MY
wet suit instead of hers! She realized it was kind of too big when she was putting it on, but excited about her
second pull of 2008, she just forged ahead and jumped in the water. But the real funny part was that I then had
to get into a cold, already wet wetsuit for my run! But that wasn't too bad though. The plush cross-over Mastercraft
we were on had a built-in hot water fresh water shower. So I just ran hot water through the wet suit, squished it
on and I was good to go. It actually spared me that first shock of cold water.
Big thanks to Jeff, Dick, Kevin, Dominick and Anthony at Sandy Point Marine for good times out on the water
and at the marina.

Of course, since we were in the area, a stop at Frankie's was mandatory! Frankie's was a great finish to
a great day.

The shrink wrap is off The Super Air, the swim deck has been cleaned, oiled and reinstalled and the engine gets
unwinterized next Wednesday. The first day back on the water in Bordentown is right around the corner.

As I was writing this three military helicopters flew over 60 Sylvia in formation. It was thunderously
loud and very intense.
Old     (jckamp00)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-13-2008, 4:22 PM Reply   
hey sounds like i missed a great time :-( well i know there will be plenty others this year!!!

and alex i know what your talking about i hear that all day long even when i sleep i dont thinki could sleep with out that sound now! lol
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-13-2008, 4:39 PM Reply   
I just got home from todays visit to Sandy Pointe Marine's Open House and it is was definitely worth the drive. Those guys down there seem to be really motivated to make some things happen and they have a good crew of people there.

Thanks to Michelle and Pop Lef for getting me motivated to go down there. To be honest, I wasn't sure if I was going to drive down just to look at some boats, but when I heard there was riding going on, I changed my tune completely! It was great to get my first pull of the season under my belt. The X-45 put up a good wake in some windy conditions and it was just great to get a ride in! Thanks, Dave, for doing the driving.

And we managed to make friends with the neighbors there, so Sandy Pointe Marine has gotten noticed by the locals! I'm not sure if we were actually supposed to be riding where we were riding, but a grossly overweight and undignified slob came out to his dock, cursed at us, and took pictures of the boat and crew when we finished riding. he repeatedly told us the cops were on the way, told us to "go back to the river" and walked away giving us a prolonged middle finger salute.

Personally, I thought I had a pretty good set, especially for it being the first ride of the year, so I was surprised he didn't offer a more positive review of the show he just watched in great anger. Oh well, can't make everyone a fan!

Other than that obese ogre, who couldn't rain on our fun, it was a great start to the season. I think it's going to be a great summer for wakeboarding around here!
Old     (michelelef)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-13-2008, 8:48 PM Reply   
Hey guys! Another awesome day at Sandy Point Marine... http://www.sandypointmarine.com/
this time made the trip with PopsLef. JB, amazing riding today in the chop and all. It was great to see you! I posted some pics on the blog from today. http://wakeboardnj.com/ridersblog.htm

Can't wait to get on the water again.
Old     (holiday13)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-14-2008, 6:17 AM Reply   
Doug, how long have you been in Sydney? Liz and I were just there for a week and up in Port Douglas as well. We were probably running around the city at the same time. What a great town to hang out in. Make sure you are real good and sober to do the bridge cross, my buddy tried to go one morning after a good night before and he failed the breathalizer and had to jump through hoops to go up the bridge. We hit Manly and Bondi beaches as well as a lot of the other sites in town.

Looks like the sandypoint openhouse was a blast, we wanted to go down but could not make it. How was the wake behind that 265CSX? Supposed to be insane! We are putting our docks in this weekend so the season should be starting shortly. Can't wait to see everyone at Wakefest!
Old     (jflo453)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-15-2008, 12:25 AM Reply   
Hey everyone, just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Joe, I'm a student at Villanova University and grew up in Princeton, NJ. I never really spent much time in New Jersey during the summer and learned to wakeboard and spend my summers in eastern Long Island. I brought my boat down to Trenton a few weeks ago so I could ride while at school. I was flipping through an old wakeboard magazine and saw an article about the New Jersey Riders 2006 thread on here and figured I should come check everything out. I keep my boat at Ross's Marina which is about a mile upriver of the Bordentown Launch ramp that seems to be pretty popular with you guys. I am down there just about every other day right now riding so if anyone is looking to get some early sets shoot me an email (joseph.flotteron@villanova.edu) , there is always room for more riders in our boat. I will be out pretty much all day Thursday and Friday and it would be nice to have some more riders out there. I have to say after wakeboarding so many years an growing up in Princeton, I would never have imagined there would be such a thriving wakeboard scene so close by. Here are a few pictures from my day on the river with two of my buddies this past Saturday. The water was still a little chilly, but in my 4/3 full i was plenty warm. I look forward to seeing more of everyone on the river as the season picks up.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       04-15-2008, 1:23 AM Reply   
Welcome Joe. Are you gonna be around here this summer? I ride alot during the week in the summer and I'm always looking for more people to ride with.