Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 21, 2006

Old     (jmv)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-11-2006, 2:57 PM Reply   
I just got my '05 SAN 210 this week. I'm totally stoke! My first boat ever. It has 41hrs on it right now and I was told to give it a 25hr service so I can validate the warranty. I don't know if it's worth the extra $300 to transfer the warranty when it only covers the hull, deck and stringer (I shouldn't worry about those stuff falling apart on me, do I?) And do I even bother taken it in for service when it only has 41hr on it? Cause I pretty much spent all my savings on it. I'll get some pictures as soon as the weather clears up here in SoCal.
Old     (liveoz)      Join Date: May 2002       03-11-2006, 4:53 PM Reply   
You might want to reconsider. I think that is the most important tune up. You probably had special oil in there to help seat the rings. That oil now will have little pieces of metal that need to come out. Also, the dealer will check to make sure everything was broken in properly.

At the least, If you don't want to spend the cash, change the oil, tranny fluid, and v-drive oil. Make sure all of your mounts and belts are tight and check the manual to see if anything else should be done.
Old     (rukie)      Join Date: Jan 2006       03-11-2006, 5:07 PM Reply   
Definitely reconsider. The first service is the most important to be sure everything has seated correctly. It is a bummer to drop cash on a basically new boat and then drop a little more, however it will be worth it in the long run. Just my 02. Congrats on your first boat! Let's see some pics
Old     (whitlock87)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-11-2006, 5:24 PM Reply   
On the 25-hour service, there is a lot more then just changing the oil.
If the San 210 is a V drive, there is an alignment that needs to be check as well.

Are you sure the only warranty that transfer is on the hull, what about the engine, trailer, vinyl, & stereo?
Old     (jroyal)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-12-2006, 5:55 AM Reply   
There should be a transferable engine warranty. Definately check into that.
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-12-2006, 9:32 AM Reply   
JMV,

It's not "just" the oil chane on the first 10/20/25 hour service. The engine is being broken in & the dealer will hook up a key code pad / computer to the boat to check for alarms. If the shaft, cam, or motor is out of wack the computer will know and she will have to be further checked out / serviced. IMO the first service is the most important....

I don't plan to take mine to the dealer for the typical 40-50 hour oil changes, however the first 10 hour service is crucial. Anyways, CONGRATS on the new ride & post some pics..

Lzy
Old     (jmv)      Join Date: Aug 2005       03-12-2006, 1:51 PM Reply   
Thanks guys for the info. I'll take your advice and have it service this week, since the weather is lousy. I sent an email to Correct Craft about their transferable warranty and they sent me two warranty applications: 1. warranty to cover hull, deck, and stringer $300 (does not include the engine); 2. warranty to cover parts $300 (does not include the engine). Ouch, $600 without the engine. I didn't know owning a boat could be so expensive. You gotta love this sport.
Old    mattoz            03-15-2006, 7:05 PM Reply   
PCM registers the warranty tranfer for engines, it is another fee and another form. Check your engine manual for the warrenty transfer form or download it from their site...very important to take advantage of the remaining engine warranty (was 3 years total).
Old     (azwakekid)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-15-2006, 8:05 PM Reply   
the biggest service is the 25 hour one, and the big part of it is the alignment, the motor mounts most the time sink in and get confortable is a position and u have to align the prop shaft or u will have some trouble with some strut bushing etc...