Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 17, 2007

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (vfalco)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-22-2007, 11:33 AM Reply   
So I figure some people are probably curious how that new fishing boat rides.
I'm lucky enough to have a demo for the season(its my girfriends, I'm not ashamed), and finally had it out this weekend at the Midwest Militia's May Demo Days in Ottawa,Illinois, so now I have an opinion.
First and most important,the wake is for real. It was big, really big. Shaped like the X1 wake on steroids. Riders were going huge, coming up all smiles. A couple guys that rode it said it's the most fun wake in the MC line.
There were definitely pros and cons about the new boat layout, though.
It handles suprisingly well for such a big boat, but I figure thats because it's a direct drive.
Also, I kinda like driving from the middle, and lean/standing is a pretty comfy way to drive.
But I think the throttle placement could be better. I kept bumping it and the boat would lurch and send people flying(sorry FRG).
The built in sink/cooler is nice, but I didn't fill the fresh water tank, so we didn't use the sink, it was just a cooler.
I love the no carpet, and the self bailing thing is pretty great.
The boat got up to riding speed pretty well too, even with ballast full and 12 adults on board. And that's the stock prop.
The biggest drawback I've found so far is it doesn't surf well. Yet.
I think we can make it work, I just need to spend some time tweaking it.
I think they could do a better job with the placement of the board racks. The boards in the racks manage to do a great job of hooking the rope when we picked up riders, and they also are fantastic at spraying water in the back of the boat. I think all they need is to move them forward more.

Overall, I really liked the boat. I had a great time on it, and I'm looking forward to spending more time in it this season.(especially if we can get the surf wake dialed!)

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload