Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Blueliner)      Join Date: Sep 2013       05-02-2014, 6:03 AM Reply   
I am going to be picking up my new to me 2007 Moomba Mobius XLV next week and I am wondering if I should have towing mirrors for my Tahoe which came with a towing package, however the mirrors look like normal ones to me. BTW this is the first time I have towed a boat I have to bring it back 200 km either down major four lane highways through a city, or I could take the scenic route around all of this on two lane black top through a lot of small villages. Not sure which way to go. Any advice?

Blueliner
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-02-2014, 6:23 AM Reply   
They have pretty big mirrors. Definitely not towing mirrors though. Many people on this forum tow with Tahoe's, Yukons, Avalanches, Escalades and I would say that most if not all of us do not use towing mirrors or extensions. They are sufficient. Totally up to you though. You just need to get out and get some experience. Think 100 yards ahead and don't get into a situation that you might not get out of... I.E. - small parking lots, dead end roads, etc.....
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       05-02-2014, 10:28 AM Reply   
I have tow mirrors on my duramax and they take some getting used to. I had an escalade before this truck. If it was me i wouldn't bother. I prefer the angle of the escalade mirrors as i feel i still haven't found the right combination of arm angle and mirror angle i like on the dmax.
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       05-02-2014, 11:13 AM Reply   
I have a silverado, and the only reason I have tow mirrors on mine, is because they look cool. Hahah
I've never extended them to tow
I wouldn't sweat it if I were you.

Now on the other hand, if your Tahoe is lifted, and can pull off the stance, then my all means feel free to throw a set of color matched tows on it!