Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 10, 2005

Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       05-24-2005, 8:39 PM Reply   
Ok, it sounds kinda odd cause it is. The difference between last season and this is that I have added another battery. Thats all.

So, I thought I just had bad cd's (they are like 3yr old burned cd's that I had) They started skipping when I would throttle it up when cruising. I originally though it was the cd skipping, but the head unit is a Sony mp-80, so not it cause it has skip protection.

This was also happening on smooth water. I can cruise at like 32ish, then if I throttle it some more, the stereo will act like it is skipping, and the track # will start blinking. (like it does when it skips). If I throttle back down, it will work fine.

Anyone else encounter this problem? or something like it?
Old    whitechocolate            05-24-2005, 9:25 PM Reply   
Static electricty from Master Craft carpet
Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       05-24-2005, 9:54 PM Reply   
THAT DAMN CARPET AGAIN!!!!

Thanks Grant, I wil rip it out tomorrow and go with the Pergo that I got on sale.
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       05-24-2005, 11:55 PM Reply   
Battery voltage could be too high/low?
Bad ground?
Poor positive wire connection?
Is Perfect Pass working properly?
Where are the radios positive and negative connected too?
My Sony head unit would hardly play burned CD's, yet my disk changer worked just fine, maybe something like that?
Does it cut out on radio?
Static electricity from Mastercraft carpet?
Old    whitechocolate            05-25-2005, 7:47 AM Reply   
Luke if the Track #s are blinking then your head unit is proabley skipping. Your head unit has a skip protection by reading 10 - 30 seconds infront of the current track (memory), but if you keep skipping your head Unit for 10-30 seconds straight it will run out of memory and start skipping, try a I-Pod in the AUX imput and see if it still skips . If it does then its deffinatley the MC carpet , LOL
Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       05-25-2005, 8:07 AM Reply   
Grant, thats what I thought it was originally, BUT I could sit there with the throttle and bring it back and forth past a certain point and it would blink, stop blinking, blink, stop blinking. And it was on smoth water. Realy weird. I am going to change out the mai power wire for the dash as it doesn't get full voltage(like yours).

I will see if it fixes anything.

Thanks for the help Grant, YOUR THE BEST!!

Peter- It happened on every CD, and like I said it was when the throttle went past a certain point, so I am going to try and change out some wires and see what happens.
Old     (nvsairwarrior)      Join Date: Aug 2003       05-25-2005, 9:16 AM Reply   
Luke,
Some good input from above. It is interresting though that you suggest that you didn't have this problem before adding the battery.
Looking at the last change is always the best place to start.
But, since I too have an MP80 I thought I'd chime in.
When I first installed mine I thought I had a defective one. In other boats I've been in with the MP80 they worked flawlessly. Mine howerver was much like you describe. Bumpy water, higher volume from the nearby sub....all would make it skip badly.
Reading through the manual I noticed that the install angle is critical and should not exceed 30 degrees (I think it was 30). Looking more closely at my install angle it was closer to 45 degrees. I changed it only about 15 degrees and what a difference that alone made.
Good luck
Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       05-25-2005, 9:37 AM Reply   
Hey Duane!!

Thanks for the input, mine is at probably 45 degrees also, although that is really the only spot for it to go. It is just odd cause I have never had a problem in the past.

The only time that unit has ever skipped was when I hit some nasty rollers, and I was more worried about the boat cracking, then the disc skipping. But now it happened over smooth water, and seemed to be related to engine speed.