Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 30, 2008

Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-13-2008, 10:10 AM Reply   
Yo Shawn... You're the man bro. I would've never thought of rockin' socks riding until that guy called you out last week.

It's the holy grail of closed toe bindings. I'll be rockin' the socks all year. Plus you look like a gangster with knee high black's on. PIMP'

Try it guys.... You'll like it. LOL!!!
Old    K.B.C.            06-13-2008, 10:19 AM Reply   
really Evan?
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-13-2008, 10:48 AM Reply   
I am going to give it a shot, I don't like the idea of putting on/taking off socks, so I may stick with my elastic sleeves with the open heel/toe from last year. I am hoping to find something to get the insoles of my 08 Murrays to stay in place. They are a nice addition, but they move around at times.
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       06-13-2008, 10:50 AM Reply   
I forgot to mention, I noticed Murray's socks in one of his recent Hyperlite ads, they are barely visible, but they are white.
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       06-13-2008, 11:14 AM Reply   
so real socks huh Evan? Not neoprenes or something, regular cotton socks.
Old     (eargasm)      Join Date: May 2007       06-13-2008, 11:36 AM Reply   
Evan- What up bro, rockin the socks. Love to hear it. Its hella comfy. Just picked up some dark blue Boston Red Sox tall boys for this weekend. Cant wait for Shasta.
Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       06-13-2008, 12:01 PM Reply   
When I Get back on the water I'm gonna rock thigh high white soccer socks, with my open toe zuses... WHAT NOW!!!
Old     (nickbot)      Join Date: Feb 2007       06-13-2008, 12:38 PM Reply   
i don't get it...
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-13-2008, 1:17 PM Reply   
Yup, for real. I've got some black Billabong socks that are perfect. I don't think they're 100% cotton. Pretty sure they're some type of poly blend. They're really stretchy and slide into the neoprene liners really well.

It keeps my feet really planted in the bindings without having to tighten them too much. Think about it.... Try playing basketball in your shoes without socks. Your feet slide all over the place, even if your shoes fit well. Same thing for bindings. My feet just feel more planted, plus it stops my toenails from being smashed by the toe of the boot (I couldn't ever feel it, but my big toe nail was black and blue after a few sets with the bindings really tight).

Plus I'm gonna rock it just because people were making fun of it. If it's good enough for Shawn (Murray or Hammond), then it's good enough for me.

Al, I like the soccer socks. Nice twist.

Shawn... Shasta, man. I'm counting the days. I can't wait.

(Message edited by guido on June 13, 2008)
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-13-2008, 1:18 PM Reply   
you tried it yet evan? you guys gonna be around this weekend?
Old     (nickbot)      Join Date: Feb 2007       06-13-2008, 1:23 PM Reply   
O...K...
Old     (smknsmly)      Join Date: May 2007       06-13-2008, 1:53 PM Reply   
Im trying it this weekend, ive got some new hyperlite atlas bindings that took a couple of layers of skin off of my heel last week.
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       06-13-2008, 1:54 PM Reply   
I smell (no pun intended) a new product: CIE wake socks!
Old    K.B.C.            06-13-2008, 2:15 PM Reply   
that settles it, I'm trying it tonight
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-13-2008, 4:23 PM Reply   
Do it... You wont look back.

JR... for sure. Between Shaun Murray, Shawn Hammond and Joel D. I figured there must be something to it. Billy and I both rocked the socks last night. It's COMFY!!!

We'll be at DRA this weekend. Roll up with the boys. We'll party it right. I'm hoping to get some rides in, too. Not sure if we can hook a pull at Oroville or maybe a early pull with G-money on the pond. Joel bringing the Winch with him? Night time slider sets would be il.

Let's ride the D next week. I'm down for any day.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-13-2008, 7:01 PM Reply   
My boots are feeling so perfect right now. I can't imagine socks making any improvement, but I guess I need to try it, eh?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-13-2008, 7:01 PM Reply   
Hammond is da man though, even without the socks.
Old     (jd5150)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-14-2008, 9:28 AM Reply   
yea u know it evan...ive been saying socks are the way to go now for two seasons. i rock them in the winter especially in my open toe factions. No wind chill on the toes prevents them from goin numb. tell em jr....let em know whats really good!
Old     (eargasm)      Join Date: May 2007       06-15-2008, 1:40 PM Reply   
CIE Wakeboard socks?????????