Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    surfdad            07-30-2007, 8:12 PM Reply   
I had to get this. It's 5'8" and about 17 inches wide and has a nose rocker of 7". :-) The big thing is that it's epoxy construction and with fins weighs just under 5 pounds, amazingly light. Probably surfs like a log, but it'll be interesting to see. :-) Any projections on how it'll ride?

Upload
Upload
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       07-30-2007, 8:33 PM Reply   
Top looks slick as snot

(Message edited by lionel on July 30, 2007)
Old     (michealhoward)      Join Date: May 2007       07-31-2007, 6:33 AM Reply   
We surfed with a 6'8" bandit. The thing tracked the wake with out a problem (like a 9' long board). You almost had to try to fall back off the wake to not say in it. You should be able to really carve the thing up with it. We also surf with a 6'6" retro fish. Carves up really nice.

Upload
Old     (hawaj)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-31-2007, 6:47 AM Reply   
we ride it regulary behind boat, but 17 is not so wide, you will need more speed 11-12

(Message edited by hawaj on July 31, 2007)
Old     (duckdiver)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-02-2007, 2:21 PM Reply   
Hey Jeff. That looks like a board Ozzie Wright surfs and he gets crazy airs in ocean surfing. So if it rides slow behind the boat atleast you have a sweet board for James to get crazy in the ocean on. It may ride fast though, let me know.
Old    surfdad            08-02-2007, 2:40 PM Reply   
Hey Corey, I saw pictures of Nicole on the longboard...she's getting better than you 'bro. :-)

This board is so light, less than five pounds, but it literally wouldn't turn. We pulled the trailer fin out and it "sort" of turned. It has plenty of drive and kept with the wake easy enough, but it rode like it was on rails.

SSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOO...

we took all the fins out. :-) Nothing but the deck and rode it like that. Can't say it turned, so much as slid. It slid 180, it slid backwards, it slid up and down the wake and it slid in directions you didn't WANT it to slide. It also spun...180, 360, 540, 720, 1080 and more...pretty much just by thinking "spin". :-)

James want's to take it to the ocean. :-) Crazy kid.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       08-02-2007, 7:16 PM Reply   
This is a great pic or Noelle, what a smile, she definitely was having a good time on the long board.
Upload

I rode the Trickboardz Mojo XL without fins one set, it was like trying to stand on butter.
Old    surfdad            08-02-2007, 7:43 PM Reply   
Noelle, forgive me!!!!!!!!! I so did not mean to refer to you as Nicole. I feel so bad now!