Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 28, 2006

Old     (tidalwake0504)      Join Date: Oct 2004       11-27-2005, 7:00 PM Reply   
It looks like someone down here in miami bought the prototype 220 that toured the country and was in the photoshoot down here. Its same color combo, yellow with black hull and i doubt that correct craft has made an identical boat already. I knew one of the guys on the boat because he works at the nautique dealer, it looks like he was teaching them how to use it and they are newbies to boating so the boat definantly wasnt weighted down and the wake looked kinda small....im going to try and get a picture for you guys asap as i know youd love to see it.
-colin
Old     (abundiga909)      Join Date: Jan 2005       11-27-2005, 7:07 PM Reply   
Colin, hate to burst your bubble, but the they did make a couple identical 220s. In fact, if I'm correct, the first couple off the lot were the identical yellow/blk color combo. And also hate to say it but the "prototype" one, the #1 boat, is actually up here in the NorthEast. I don't know where it at the moment, but I demoed it back in Oct, and saw it at my dealer a couple weeks ago. It will be the one at the NYC boat show at the end of Dec. I'll be there to see the boat a 2nd time!

Sorry to burst your bubble, but its us lucky NorthEastern residents that got to see #1 220...

~Austin
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       11-28-2005, 3:47 PM Reply   
There was a yellow/black 220 at West Coast Correct Craft last week.

I guess that boat really flies...LOL
Old     (abundiga909)      Join Date: Jan 2005       11-28-2005, 3:51 PM Reply   
Of course Mike, it had the ZR6
Old    nautiquejeff            11-30-2005, 8:43 AM Reply   
Plenty of pictures of that boat at the link below...

http://www.planetnautique.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=3854
Old     (rocketman)      Join Date: Feb 2003       12-03-2005, 9:30 PM Reply   
They had one at the dealership in Mesa, AZ. Green in color. It looked all right, but I didn't take my camera.

Gregg Necrasson was there as well. He said that the wake wasn't as steep as the 210, and didn't have the trough either. He also said that despite the fact that it a large boat, it handles like a Ski Nautique.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       12-04-2005, 2:01 AM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/257785.html?1129655696
Old    kvanderg            12-05-2005, 3:30 PM Reply   
I know I'm going to get blasted for this... but here it goes:

1) Wake looks good
2) Boat looks good
3) Price is WAY too high... unless it were to come with voting shares in the company.
4) Interior looks like 10 pounds of sh*t in a 5 pound bag. CC obviously wasn't sure what to put inside this boat... so they put everything in it. Check out the link where there is 7 dudes, no gear, no snacks and NO ROOM!

If you want a boat with a great wake but no interior room... why not go with a loaded X1 (old X2) and put the substantial difference in your pocket.

I don't see any value for the money on this one; however, will look way better behind your H2 than an X1.

Enjoy.

KV
Old    stillstandin            12-05-2005, 4:05 PM Reply   
Kevin, I agree. CC dropped the ball big time on this one
Old     (abundiga909)      Join Date: Jan 2005       12-05-2005, 4:11 PM Reply   
Kevin, you make a good point. From the pictures I too thought it was way too cluttered, and even as a diehard CC fan, I thought it was a flop. But when I saw and rode it in person, it suddenly became a whole different story. The intereior feels amazing! Its so roomy and comfortable, its unbelievable. So what I thought was a maze from pictures, actually is in reality a comfortable, non-clustered boat...

So I respect your oppinion, but I have to ask if you've been in the boat in person for yourself... If not, I suggest you try to make an effort to check it out at a boat show or at your dealer before making final judgements...