Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (rplogue7)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-10-2014, 4:26 PM Reply   
Alright so I haven't been active on here for about a year. Anyways, I remember everyone seeming to have a legitimate solution to just about any wake-related problem so I'll shoot at you guys.

I ride a 2013 Parks 139 with LF Bob boots from 2014. I weigh 160 pounds, 17 years old, trying to max out my progression right now. I can do Tantrums, scarecrows, 180's. But no 360 yet. Part of the reason I haven't tried them is because the Parks tracks SO hard, believe me.. there is no looseness in the board at all. The main pro in it is that you can a super deep cut. And I use that to my advantage because that's the way I ride. I have normal, 1" ramp fins from Ronix in the board right now. I'm wondering if I should shorten them up, or remove them, to find a difference. I rode on my buddy's Phoenix 137 the other day finless and it didn't cut hard enough to fit my riding, but the pro in that situation is that I would try handle passing spins with it since there didn't seem to be a daring edge to catch in that board. So I want my board to be more forgiving on the landings, the cuts, overall track less, but still hold enough traction to make a good cut so I get good air. Any suggestions?