Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 11, 2004

Old    xtremebordgurl            12-09-2003, 2:08 PM Reply   
This is completely random but ya know how when you're first learning to ride any type of board and you're figuring out which foot forward you are people always ask, 'which foot forward do u put when u run and slide on ice or the floor or something?' and thats usually the foot you put forward on your board? Well, my friend pointed out today that when i run and slide I lead with my left foot, but I ride goofy, an I ride goofy in every board sport I do. So I tried to run and slide goofy and I couldn't do it, I felt like I was trying to ride switch, it was really wierd. Anyone else do anything like that? Like do you ride one board one way like lets say u surf regular but wakeboard goofy? Or visa versa?
Old    norcal_99            12-09-2003, 2:18 PM Reply   
I ride a wakeboard and snowboard left foot forward because I learned that way, but can also ride switch on both. I ride a skateboard and scooter only right foot forward, and can not ride with my left foot forward for the life of me.
Old     (board4food1)      Join Date: Jul 2002       12-09-2003, 2:20 PM Reply   
I surf, wake, and snowboard left foot forward...

i skateboard and wakeskate right foot forward...

go fig????
Old    deltahoosier            12-09-2003, 2:40 PM Reply   
Does that mean your strong foot is in front or back? I kick with my left foot, I am primarily a goofy foot but can ride switch snowboarding and wakeboarding, ride a scooter both, can only skateboard goofy. I bat left handed, throw right, write right, eat left handed more than I realize and play basketball left handed in post and right handed outside. I can also drink with either hand so I am more than covered in the important stuff. I am all messed up...
Old     (rootc)      Join Date: Aug 2002       12-15-2003, 10:40 AM Reply   
golf - right. Hockey - left.
Old     (tiger20)      Join Date: Sep 2001       12-15-2003, 1:13 PM Reply   
DETERMINE STANCE:

- have them stand with feet together at attention.
- Push them from behind unannounced.
- The foot they step forward with should be the foot they lead with on any board sport.

Works every time....
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       12-15-2003, 1:44 PM Reply   
Root...exact same for me.

Nick...Obviously not any board sport. Did you read the posts above?
Old     (tiger20)      Join Date: Sep 2001       12-15-2003, 2:29 PM Reply   
J-Rod - you golf right and shoot a slapshot lefty? Why is that?
Old    jetgofish            12-15-2003, 2:44 PM Reply   
Nick, That doesn't work for me, the push from behind. I ride wake left foot forward but learned how to ride snow right foot forward then turned to left foot forward. I too like Rod can drink with both hands and drive with both feet! But then again I am blonde!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       12-15-2003, 3:06 PM Reply   
not sure. I can actually slapshot right or left, but my stick handling skills are as a lefty only. It's weird.
Old     (propkiller)      Join Date: Aug 2003       12-15-2003, 5:32 PM Reply   
I ride a wakeboard with my left foot forward, I used to ride the snowboard the same but ever since I blew my left rotator cuff I ride my snowboard goofy footed. Figure that out....
Old    xtremebordgurl            12-18-2003, 6:18 PM Reply   
Its wierd, when I surf I keep wanting to put my left foot forward, but I always set my leash up like I ride goofy, cause generally I do. Hmmm.. maybe next time I go out I'll try surfing regular stance.