Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old    scoot            08-06-2002, 8:41 PM Reply   
guess what guys I just landed my first grab. It was indy and it was only a one wake jump but I've only been out on the water three other times. What kind of progress am I making and is this good compared to the amount of time out on the water.
Old    vlxboarder            08-14-2002, 11:20 PM Reply   
try doing a "roast beef". Back hand between lags grab HS edge between feet... it'll feel weird, but after a while you'll start to like it. One of my fav. grabs. How long have you been boarding. I landed my first grab at around year 1 1/2 because the board was too heavy. Try going to a lighter and/or shorter board, you'll be able to get some more air and get accross both wakes and you can get a PURE grab... also cut a little sharper and keep on edge until you get the air. Oh... one more thing. DONT CRASH! Lake Water Enema... not good.
Old    scoot            08-15-2002, 12:08 PM Reply   
Ive been boardin about 4 months now but I've only been like 4 or 5 times. Antway thanks for the tip its good advice trust me I already know.
Old    hadcity            08-16-2002, 5:12 PM Reply   
hey,
hey ur retard james it isnt call a roast beef. its call a stail fish but any good job and keep it up scott.
hadcity}
Old     (davidbouvier)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-17-2002, 5:33 PM Reply   
james is right. hadcity is wrong. stalefish is rear hand ,behind legs. roast beef is rear hand between legs.
Old    hadcity            08-19-2002, 8:07 AM Reply   
hey sorry though u were talking about rear hack behide the legs but andy way gj!
Old    hadcity            08-19-2002, 8:08 AM Reply   
o sorry i though u where talking about rear hand behind the legs but anyway good job!
Old                01-26-2003, 9:46 PM Reply   
hhahahahha u got wrecked JORDAN
Old                06-07-2003, 11:37 AM Reply   
dont know to much bout normall progression but my friend russel has all ready got 3inverts under his belt and almost a nice w2w 360... hes only been riding prob like 8,9 times
his 4th day out he was nailing tantrum then the next time he got back rolls... dude is crazy, in like a a year he will be turning pro... its scary how good he is at learning...i should get some videos up of me and russ boarding
Old     (board_boy)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-08-2003, 8:15 PM Reply   
nice job, i just landed my 1st w2w grab behind a brand new vlx today
Old                06-13-2003, 10:39 PM Reply   
on bout my 3 time i did my first front side grab and on my bout 5th timei jumped the wake and did a 180 and bout my 7th time i did my first toeside 180 w/ front side grab
i have yet to try the roastbeef or stalefish
Old                06-13-2003, 10:41 PM Reply   
any other small tricks i can do?
Old                06-17-2003, 11:11 AM Reply   
yeah i got all my grabs w2w yesterday tail grab indy stale fish roastbeef and then i started trying 180's and blind 180s and can land them just not ride them away
Old                08-14-2003, 7:59 AM Reply   
I think how progressive you are all depends on your age and expirience with other boarding sports.