Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old     (venom93corba)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-21-2006, 11:24 AM Reply   
Hey guys I just got my new flame 141 with the Torq bindings. Has anyone ever heat soaked thier new bindings to form to their feet? Was just curious on how do this.
Old    nate_b            07-21-2006, 11:48 AM Reply   
hey, I'm thinking about getting that same package. tell me how it works out. As for Heat Soak, I've never done it, but I think you just put your feet ( with the binding on) in hot water for a little bit, and then take them out.
Old     (cole_souers)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-21-2006, 11:59 AM Reply   
yeah i got the HL 3ds and heat soaked them, and they feel so much better than w/o it.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       07-21-2006, 12:07 PM Reply   
Sweet Chad, you got your setup. Ya if you want to soak them in warm to hot water not to hot of water then just put them on a stick your feet in the water for about 15 min and then pull you feet out and keep the bindings on for another 10 to 15 mins and you should be good to go. I would ride in them first for some sets and break them in that way first and then if they still feel to tight then do the heat soak.
Old     (just_board)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-21-2006, 12:20 PM Reply   
would wearing them in a hot tub be a bad idea because of the chemicals?
Old    sking55405            07-21-2006, 12:35 PM Reply   
Clinton i almost wore my torqs in the hot tub but i didnt for that reason, i would be intrested to see if anyone else has done it though.
Old     (venom93corba)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-21-2006, 2:19 PM Reply   
Yeah Jeff I'm pretty pschyed. I can't wait to get out this weekend. Laces are a little long but i'm prob gonna hack some off tonight.
Old     (uppledup17)      Join Date: Sep 2005       07-21-2006, 2:34 PM Reply   
I heat soaked my pair of Ultra Suctions and it made a huge difference. Still a great binding.
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       07-21-2006, 2:56 PM Reply   
I've heat soaked them repeatedly in some cases, it always seems to help a little bit, I just don't have binding friendly feet.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-21-2006, 3:06 PM Reply   
The Torq's are so comfy right out of the box I didn't feel the need to heat soak them.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       07-21-2006, 3:07 PM Reply   
Sweet, ya you can cut down the laces on the footbed, but dont take to much out of the ankle because they need extra to be able to open. There is a lace holder on the top back of the binding.
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-25-2006, 6:37 PM Reply   
What chemicals? Are we talking about hot water in a bath tub as you wear them to help them conform to your feet or are we talking about a product you put in the water to heat them up? If it's just the hot water, then what chemicals?
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       07-25-2006, 6:42 PM Reply   
Bakes shop boiled mine once in a big rice cooker.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-25-2006, 7:01 PM Reply   
Rice steamer works great.

The same guy that didn Steve's also did mine. The only down side is the thirty or so seconds when you have to put your foot in the scalding hot binding and cinch it down until it cools.

I've worn that pair of bindings five years and they still fit like slippers.