Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       11-02-2010, 2:18 PM Reply   
Chance Campbell, A.K.A. "Itty Bitty"
4/1/1996
11/2/2010

Chancy was the best dog a man could ever wish for. He passed away this morning from natural causes. 141/2 years is a good long life for a ninety pound dog.
Thank you Chancy for watching my babies while they slept.
Thank you for letting them pull your ears and tail whie you ate.
Thank you for keeping Mom safe on her walks.
Thank you for running the boys ragged so they went right to sleep.
Thank you for being a shop dog.
Thank you for being in charge of accounts receivable.
Thank you for being my best freind and more of a son than a dog.
I miss you, you traveling flea circus, you hairy beast, you tick taxi.
Ian, Cam, Kaitlin, your mom and I all love you and thank you.
Now go run, jump and play you crazy mutt.
Love Dad.

Itty Bitty with Cam as a baby. 9 short years ago.
Attached Images

Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-02-2010, 2:21 PM Reply   
Sorry for your loss, definitely had a great long and loving life.
Old    Chris            11-02-2010, 2:37 PM Reply   
My condolences for your loss. It sounds like he had a good life with a loving family.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       11-02-2010, 5:29 PM Reply   
Sounds like a fantastic dog. Sorry for your loss.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-02-2010, 5:48 PM Reply   
Rest in Peace Chancy!

You gave him a great life. He gave you many great memories. Celebrate those gifts!
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       11-03-2010, 8:04 AM Reply   
As a dog owner and animal lover, very sorry to hear about the loss. It's amazing what an impact our dogs have in our lives. Stories like these really hit home with me, as I have a couple older dogs who have been with me thru good and bad times. No matter what, our pets love us unconditionally. It's a truly amazng quality. You can scold them silly for pissing on your carpet, yet they still run to that door every time you come home like your the best thing in the world, lol. RIP Chancy!
Old     (benbuchholz)      Join Date: Oct 2009       11-03-2010, 11:34 AM Reply   
^^^^ couldn't have said it better. especially a pet of such a long time, 14+ years. We had to put down our 18 yr old cat a few years back, and you realize that a pet like that becomes part of the family. You look back and realize the pet's ALWAYS been around. For me it was literally my whole life. My mom would talk about him laying in my crib, right next to me, and 18 yrs later seeing him laying next to me on the couch.

Sorry for your loss, it looks like you gave him a great life, and he returned the favor! He'll be a part of your life that you'll never forget

Sidenote, "Thank you for being in charge of accounts receivable". hahah awesome
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       11-03-2010, 11:53 AM Reply   
Thanks guys. I just found a shot of him at his beach. He loved this place more than any other. A solid mile of sand and water all his. This is where we will put his ashes out this weekend.
"accounts receivable" He was actually on the board when we first Incorporated as VP of accounts receivable. His shop water bowl had "credit department" written on it! Not a small dog but a real sweetheart.
Attached Images

Old     (Walt)      Join Date: Jan 2003       11-04-2010, 5:59 PM Reply   
Sorry for your loss and RIP Chancy. I feel your pain. We had to put both of our dogs down in the last three months.
Old     (worththewake)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-04-2010, 6:41 PM Reply   
Sorry for the loss, its always hardest to say goodbye to these special friends. Came across this today;
Remember, if a dog was the teacher you would learn things like:When loved ones come home, always run to greet them.Never pass up the opportunity to go for a joyride.Allow the experience of fresh air and the wind in your face to be pure ecstasy.Take naps.Stretch before rising.Run, romp, and play daily.Thrive on attention and let people touch you.Avoid biting when a simple growl will do.On warm days, stop to lie on your back on the grass.On hot days, drink lots of water and lie under a shady tree.When you're happy, dance around and wag your entire body.Delight in the simple joy of a long walk.Be loyal.Never pretend to be something you're not.If what you want lies buried, dig until you find it.When someone is having a bad day, be silent, sit close by, and nuzzle them gently
Chris