Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 29, 2007

Old     (holiday13)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-02-2007, 6:06 AM Reply   
Great event guys, it was awesome to see everyone again, we all had a blast. Thanks to everyone who works hard to put this event on, it is always a blast! Thanks also to mother nature for keeping us dry all day (at least dry when we were not riding!), little sunburned but dry is nice. Hopefully we will get to see you all again soon!

On a side note, a heads up for everyone towing your boats, I found out Saturday night on the way home the hard way that the lug nuts on my trailer are a different size than those on my truck, there for the tool pack that is standard in the truck does not work with the trailer! Fortunately I was only about 10 minutes from home when I blew the tire so I called the wife to pick me up, went home to grab tools, changed the tire out and got home safe. Heads up to all to check their tools out when you are towing your boat, I never thought I would blow a tire but I sure did and I was glad to have the spare tire on the trailer! And good thing it happened when it did.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-02-2007, 10:39 AM Reply   
Oh man... Did someone already say "Wakefest 2008" ??!!
Old     (scilost)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-02-2007, 12:47 PM Reply   
Hey folks-
how is everyone, did anyone do anything exciting this weekend.
Old     (wakegirl0919)      Join Date: May 2007       07-02-2007, 12:58 PM Reply   
Let me know when you post Wakefest pics on the web. I'm so bummed I couldn't make it.
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-02-2007, 2:15 PM Reply   
We had a blast and I couldn't believe the turnout. I've never seen the parking lot like that, if it gets even bigger next year than people will be parking in the train station parking lot.

Brett was killing it, but it just seemed like Randall took it to the next level. Totally awesome to watch them both go big.

Thanks, everybody for the great day.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-02-2007, 3:06 PM Reply   
Anyone going riding wednesday, July 4th???

I'm considering a morning run until noon.
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-02-2007, 3:09 PM Reply   
Thank You Jersey once again! Sara and I had a great two days in the state... a lil burnt but that's the base coat for this week.

Jim and Dave thanks for the pulls, much appreciated!

Alex and the NJ Fam., hands down one of the best events I've ever participated in! Thanks

P.S. Alex I still want a Medium Tank, I'll give you a buzz in a couple of days.
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-02-2007, 5:35 PM Reply   
Without sounding like I'm repeating what has been posted, I would like to thank everyone who helped behind the scenes as well, in supporting Alex, the NJ thread, 2007 NJ Wakefest, and our crew! It was a full time job for the past 4 months getting the wakefest to the level it was/is. I think Alex is going to sleep for a week!
It actually brought tears to my eyes as I drove under the train tracks to see the entire setup of tents, vendors, boats, banners and our crew with the biggest smiles on thier faces with excitement and anticipation of the days events to come, all here in our state, New Jersey!

Randall and "Ike" as we can now call him were amazing on the water and they truly had a great time. I can tell you that first hand.

Alex is also blessed to have a friend like Ronn who put together his latest wakeboarding film to preview at our wakefest! Hours and hours of editing to try and have it ready for us! We were the first ones to see it!!! It's a feeling I just can't describe. So folks....I'll get off my box and start counting down to next years wakefest!!
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-02-2007, 6:47 PM Reply   
Truely
phenomenal
event!

Thanks to all who helped make the event what it was, a LARGE SUCCESS! And that is the people who helped in any way, but also those who came to the event, donated for the event, displayed at the event, everyone! Great job everyone!
Old     (kickasskel)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-02-2007, 8:08 PM Reply   
Wakefest just brought out everything that this sport is about!

Thanks to everyone who worked so hard for the past few months to make this happen. Cannot say it enough. Ike and Randall were insane and pure inspiration for sure. I had a blast and cannot wait for next year.

I am going to miss the NJ crew so much!
Old     (chrisnj)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-02-2007, 11:40 PM Reply   
Dave what time you planning on going on wed if you do? I have to work Tues. night until 7am wed, but if you have a space I just might try to convince myself that sleep is not necessary.
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-03-2007, 5:02 AM Reply   
Wow! The Energy at Wakefest 07 so represents what this is all about, Good Friends, Good Times, and a passion for all things Wake…

It is to cool to see our community come together and make this a success.

From the organizers, dealers, retailers, sponsors, too the casual passerby,,,,,, SO many thanks to go around.
Old     (qball)      Join Date: May 2007       07-03-2007, 6:56 AM Reply   
I have some pics from Wakefest. Not too many of the riding unfortunately but a lot of the crowds and boats etc. Let me know the best place to post em. Thanks!
Old     (pearsonville)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-03-2007, 8:48 AM Reply   
How is Alex... I know he was sweatin all the stuff... but sounds like the NJ wakers came thru with lots of support....
Can't wait to see the pix. Congrats on a great event... will try to make it next year, if my body holds up... maybe fly out with the Vandall & my family.
Aloha from Huntington Beach
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-03-2007, 4:45 PM Reply   
Chris,

Hitting the water at 8am........done by around noon.

Sleep when you're dead.......I'll e-mail you.
Old     (jckamp00)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-04-2007, 1:42 AM Reply   
what up jersey crew! wakefest was the best way to start my vacation. couldnt of had more fun!!!!i would talk bout it more but i think everyone else pretty much hit the nail on the head! cant wait to come back and ride with you guys again! oh by the way cali is beautiful! great weather
Old     (wakeme2q)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-04-2007, 4:34 AM Reply   
Wakefest was a blast! Boardenton crew did an awesome job.

Looking for a ride this weekend...anyone going in Boardentown?

Ryan...newbie from Indiana
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-04-2007, 10:58 AM Reply   
Happy Independence Day to all.I just got back from Surf And Offshore where Craig took good care of me. The board and bindings that I won at Wakefest 2k7 were to small so Craig said come to his shop and he would trade me up to the right size. After talking with him about those closed toe 3D's I won we decided with the size 13 EEE feet I have that those closed toe bindings would rub my toes and hurt so Craig traded me out for a Hyperlitepremier 141 with XXL Proof bindings.
Thanks Craig. I can't wait to ride them Sunday.Upload
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-04-2007, 1:49 PM Reply   
Sweet setup Jim.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-04-2007, 3:10 PM Reply   
Your lookin' very patriotic in that pic Jim!
Nice setup too........now get your kids to yank you across that pool!

I see your board already has the SOS stickers on it (big surprise!)
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-04-2007, 3:11 PM Reply   
I agree w/ woody! Who built that

(Message edited by zuka666 on July 04, 2007)
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-05-2007, 10:14 AM Reply   
Dave,lol now that you mentioned it I do kinda match for the holiday.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-05-2007, 10:33 AM Reply   
I left my camra in the truck most of the day so I didn't get any good pics after morning set up. I can't wait to see everyone elses pictures. Maybe everyone could post them on photo bucket or wakepics. And them send them to Alex to put up on NJWAKEFEST.com.

I'm launching at Bordentown Sunday morning with some friends, anyone else going out Sunday?
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-05-2007, 6:59 PM Reply   
Ryan & Chris N,

Going out sat. morning around 8am. May need a 3rd (or 4th,5th,etc)
Pops Lef, ready for a pull behind the X-star?
Old     (wakeme2q)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-06-2007, 6:16 AM Reply   
Dave W count me in...Thanks!
Old     (kickasskel)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-06-2007, 7:58 AM Reply   
I miss the whole crew too much!
Old     (wakecis)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-06-2007, 9:43 AM Reply   
anybody riding sunday afternoon/evening? i know it's a long shot, but anybody heading out....let me know. thanks.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-06-2007, 10:05 AM Reply   
Charles,
I'm launching early Sunday and staying out till the water sucks. Not sure what time that is but your always welcome to some pulls.
Old     (wakeless)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-06-2007, 1:20 PM Reply   
On August 18th the Ivanhoe Revival will give cash money to the winner of the contest. Along with $5000 worth of prizes.
These prizes range from Complete board setups from Slingshot, hyperlite, Cwb to fully encased Digital cameras, tons of shirts, binding lube, fat sacs, Rcsk8t board (800 watt 20 mph),4 pairs of Spy sunglasses, tons of free wakeboard mags, wakeboarding Dvds, Cloths, Indo boards, ropes, and many more.

South East Correct Craft will be suppling us with the tow boats.

This in the amateur contest to get in. Only $35, no other contest will be this cheap and have such great prizes.

Put you skills to the test.

Contact Ski World at 407 447 7547 www.skiworldorlando.com
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-06-2007, 2:35 PM Reply   
I don't think any of the NJ crew is heading to Fla. in august, but you never know.

Um, er, um interesting message board name ^^
(not a good choice BTW)
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-06-2007, 2:35 PM Reply   
Hey unkle bad touch, your grammar sucks!

(Message edited by wakescene on July 06, 2007)
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-06-2007, 2:38 PM Reply   
KG thats funny, come over to the Shawn Murry thread and mess with him!
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-06-2007, 2:45 PM Reply   
Kelly, we miss you too. There are trains to NYC from Boston, right? You should come back down at least once more this summer......maybe for the contest at Lavalette July 28th? We need more contestants!

Check out the "atlantic" train line from NJ transit.......I know it stops along the shore all the way to Atlantic City.

You can also fly from Boston to Trenton/Mercer airport pretty cheap.
Old     (lfboarder94)      Join Date: May 2007       07-06-2007, 3:14 PM Reply   
sorry i havent gotten to post ive been so busy, but wakefest was amazing. great job to everyone who set it up
Old     (grimlock)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-06-2007, 4:25 PM Reply   
Well I passed my dental school test, so now I can just have fun the rest of this summer and ride, and not worry about things like that for at least another 2 years.

Thanks to Woody for taking my parents and me out at wakefest, good times. Sorry I couldn't stay longer, but we had a lot going on, so we needed to get a early start on things.

Looking forward to seeing everyone on the water this summer a lot.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-06-2007, 4:30 PM Reply   
Congrats Russ.
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-06-2007, 5:16 PM Reply   
Here are some pics that Eustace took. He asked me to add these so I posted on my picasa page.

http://picasaweb.google.com/Irish79/NJWakefest2007

nice set up Jim.
Old     (bwood)      Join Date: Jul 2003       07-06-2007, 5:23 PM Reply   
Russ, you know you and your parents are more than welcome anytime they want to come out. Teresa and I enjoyed meeting them and we hoped that they had a good time on our small boat.

Now that you've passed your test( congratulations)maybe we can put some hours on the X1.

jim, we will see you Sunday morning and we'll be loaded for bear brother.
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       07-06-2007, 5:33 PM Reply   
Looks like Sunday is our day. I hope to get the family out of bed early to get some good water.

Congrats Russ!!
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-06-2007, 5:42 PM Reply   
Russ, Congrats! Looking forward to seeing more of you for the next few months. Hope you can come out July 28th for the contest that SOS is hosting in Lavalette, NJ.

It would be great to see alot of riders compete from our group of Delaware river wakeboarders.

Nice pics Eustace!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-06-2007, 6:19 PM Reply   
Great pics. Woody and George, see you Sunday
Old     (chrisnj)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-06-2007, 9:31 PM Reply   
Thanks for the offer dave but things are kinda shakey right now at work, so I need to catch up on rest during the day for the night shift. If I get I'll have plenty of time to ride though at least right :-) ........
You guys are definitely going to have killer weather this wknd, I'm jealous.
Russ, congrats on passing dude.
And kelly, sign up for spirit airlines, they run specials on flights that are only a dollar or two sometimes. Cheaper and faster than a train :-)
Old     (chrisnj)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-06-2007, 9:32 PM Reply   
Thanks for the offer dave but things are kinda shakey right now at work, so I need to catch up on rest during the day for the night shift. If I get s*** canned I'll have plenty of time to ride though at least right :-) ........
You guys are definitely going to have killer weather this wknd, I'm jealous.
Russ, congrats on passing dude.
And kelly, sign up for spirit airlines, they run specials on flights that are only a dollar or two sometimes. Cheaper and faster than a train :-)
Old     (wakeme2q)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-07-2007, 12:10 PM Reply   
Anyone got room Sunday?
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-07-2007, 2:17 PM Reply   
Ryan I have plenty of room. I'm launching at 8 am.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-07-2007, 2:18 PM Reply   
Anyone else need a pull?
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-07-2007, 3:11 PM Reply   
Jim,

The water was nice this morning, smooth enough for Ryan to go footin'. Get there early for best butta. I'll be out with Woody on his X-1. See you on the river!
Old     (wakeme2q)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-07-2007, 6:04 PM Reply   
Thanks Jim...see you there
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-07-2007, 8:42 PM Reply   
Ryan see you in the am.
Old     (wakeme2q)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-08-2007, 2:03 PM Reply   
1982 Ski Nautique for sale $6,000 obo
email me at rweaver3@dpyus.jnj.com for pics
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-08-2007, 5:27 PM Reply   
Another good day on the water today. We had great water in the morning then had to move up by the power plant at mid-day to find rideable water. By 2 pm no one had any energy left for another run so that always mean a good day riding.
Ryan it was nice to have you aboard today. Nice boarding. By the end of the day we introduced the sport of wakeboarding to a newbie named Mo.After one day I think he is hooked. He just needs to learn how to set his alarm clock and sit down in the boat when it's moving.
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-09-2007, 5:22 AM Reply   
Here's an article about wakefest: http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/sports/local/story/7489201p-7384587c.html

Congrats to Alex, JB and the rest of the NJ Wake Riders!

(Message edited by njskier on July 09, 2007)
Old     (qball)      Join Date: May 2007       07-09-2007, 6:02 AM Reply   
Thanks to Alex and Doreen for a great day out on Saturday. After being the only wakeboarder in history to show up without a wakeboard, it turned out to be an awesome day hanging with the crew and meeting a lot of really cool people. Thank-you also to Brian and Anette who taught us how to wake surf. Scott and Justin and Michelle it was great meeting you too!

Took a few pics which I can email to anyone that wants but this one came out pretty cool...

Upload
Old     (kickasskel)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-09-2007, 8:26 AM Reply   
Wow that picture looks like a Moomba advertising layout~ :-)
Old     (chrisnj)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-09-2007, 11:13 AM Reply   
2nd... thats definitely a cool pic Sean.

And as I was scrolling down I had to laugh again at the comment Jim posted on the pics that johan had posted of Dave and Jim. Figured why not have some fun with it... hope you dont mind Jim :-)
oh, and forgive the poor photoshopping

Upload

(Message edited by ChrisNJ on July 09, 2007)
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-09-2007, 12:50 PM Reply   
LOL I'm ready for the pro bull riding circuit.
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-09-2007, 7:44 PM Reply   
you river rat you.....
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-09-2007, 7:55 PM Reply   
"Lavalette July 28th? We need more contestants!"
I'm coming to PARTY this time, no more "Hi Noons" w/ a txi full of
Old     (eustace)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-10-2007, 11:59 AM Reply   
Thanks Sean that is a cool picture! You can send them to avw8699@yahoo.com . Saturday was another great day…

It was nice to meet Sean and Rob and to see them get their first shot at wake surfing.

PS- Jim, I like your pic also….. What! No TeN gallon hat?
Old     (michelelef)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-10-2007, 12:07 PM Reply   
The thread has been quite busy. I haven't posted since before wakefest. Of course everyone covered it. Big success! I just can't wait till next year.

Dave, I just want to say that it is really cool of you to donate the gas money to Autism Speaks. As someone who works on a daily basis with these children, it is greatly appreciated and an awesome cause to support.

Also, a little birdie told me that Maven Sessions is back again for August. $40 for the day. Gavin, is your sister still interested? Anyone else??

Also, I have been in touch with Craig at SOS about having a female division on the 28th. Sounds like it is a go. He's going to keep me posted. Girls??

Sean, I'd love for you to email the pics. It's michelelef@yahoo.com. Thanks!! It was greating meeting you guys this weekend.

Jim, nice set-up and great bull riding...lol
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-10-2007, 12:34 PM Reply   
More pics on the "NJ Wakefest PICS" thread.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-10-2007, 5:50 PM Reply   
Whos up for some Friday wakeboarding? I'm not sure if I'm gonna go late morning or afternoon. Depends on whos going and what time is good.
Old     (jeffcanary62)      Join Date: Apr 2003       07-11-2007, 11:24 AM Reply   
Hey everyone hows it going.If posted once or twice before, and I posted a thread on wwnj.com about the contest on the 28th. I'm back home from school and looking for some pulls, my normal crew up here is kind of nonexistent any more so I'm up to come down to jersey and ride. If anyone needs a 2ed 3ed let me know. I'll chip in for gas, cleaning, driving whatever.
Old     (holiday13)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-11-2007, 12:31 PM Reply   
Michele, shoot me whatever info you have on the Maven sessions. I know she has two and a half weeks of work left then done for the summer (unless a job pops up, anyone work in an elementary school looking for a teacher?).

I have a bunch of pics from wakefest as well, still need to get them transferred from the camera to the computer, I will try to get on that tonight or tomorrow.
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       07-11-2007, 1:04 PM Reply   
Sean, we loved having you on the boat Saturday. It was a great day with everyone there as always.

We just got back from OC, MD for a few days of down time and relaxing.

Between tons of post wakefest stuff that is still going on, and trying to work a full time job, Alex is still going through tons of email and also the pics. He'll post on njwakefest.com soon so all can see.
I have a ton of Randall and Ike with the crew, but if I knew how Justin does that cool little bucket thing to post the pics, and resize, I'd do it!

(Message edited by njladydriver on July 11, 2007)
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-11-2007, 4:49 PM Reply   
If the weather report tomorrow still shows late afternoon storms then I'll be looking to go out Friday morning. But if the report shows different then I'll go out late morning/ early afternoon. Also Looking to go out very early Saturday morning. If anyone wants pulls let me know.
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-11-2007, 5:30 PM Reply   
Doreen, you've got mail!!

Russ, congratulations on passing bro', that is an awesome accomplishment!

Sean and Rob, it was great meeting you both last Saturday. Nice pic Sean, we all need to smile next time though!! If you don't mind, send the pics you took to me @ irish79 at gmail.com

Alex & Doreen, thanks for the pulls! The widowmaker just seems to be the boat that I land my 3's on (but also one that I always pull a faceplant on too)! Brian and Annette, thanks for the wakesurf session, they are too much fun!!
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-11-2007, 5:51 PM Reply   
There's some detailed info about the SOS contest on July 28th. Here's a link http://www.alliancewake.com/brown_trout_details.php?id=3038

Me & the family will be there.......who's in?
Old     (wakeme2q)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-11-2007, 6:52 PM Reply   
Jim and Dave - thanks for the pulls last weekend...going to IN the next few weekends but will be back on the river on the 28th. Want to take some pulls before the SOS comp...anyone interested? We can take my Supra.
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-11-2007, 7:32 PM Reply   
bikini contest sponsored by Ocean Hut Surf Shop

I would never show up to an event like that
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-11-2007, 9:34 PM Reply   
Despite trying to wiggle out of it, at this point in time I have to work on Saturday July 28, and thus
I'll be unable to attend the Lavallette event. I'm still trying to make "other" arrangements, but as of
right now I'm beat. But if CAN get off that day, I'm thinking an AM Bordentown sesh will be in order, then
just tow straight across 195 to Lavallette. I'm sure Craig will find someplace for me to park.

Jim: You'll probably see us out there early Saturday morning. Here are Saturday's tides:
2:53 AM EDT 9.29 feet High Tide
5:41 AM EDT Sunrise
8:05 AM EDT New Moon
10:45 AM EDT 0.49 feet Low Tide
3:21 PM EDT 7.55 feet High Tide
8:27 PM EDT Sunset
10:47 PM EDT 0.80 feet Low Tide

While we got to see a very cool "sneak peak" of Transgression at wakefest, I'll probably be travelling
to Boise, Idaho in August to see the premiere of the finished work. It's going to be held at The Egyptian Theater.
http://www.egyptiantheatre.net/index.htm

I still have not updated njwakefest.com, but I need to do it soon. If anyone has pictures, email them
to me. I probably won't use them all (I already have multi-hundreds of pictures), but I may use some.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-12-2007, 2:39 PM Reply   
OK, my plan is to launch at Bordentown at 1 pm if anyone is interested in a pull.
Old     (yamaha917)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-12-2007, 3:56 PM Reply   
anyone going out friday afternoon or sunday?
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-12-2007, 4:20 PM Reply   
I guess I should have said I'm launching Friday at 1 pm at Bordentown if anyone needs some pulls let me know.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-13-2007, 4:15 AM Reply   
Doreen, Connor and I will be at the ramp at 7:00am Saturday, meeting Keith from Red Bull and one of Keith's
buddies who's supposed to be a real good rider. See you out there!
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-13-2007, 4:42 AM Reply   
I'm launching again on Saturday at 8 am at Bordentown for a back to back boat day if anyone needs a pull let me know. See you out there Alex.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-13-2007, 7:27 AM Reply   
Scotty, you have an email.
Old     (kickasskel)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-13-2007, 7:57 AM Reply   
Michele,

I'd totally be interested in the Maven session...keep me posted~
Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       07-13-2007, 4:18 PM Reply   
Looks like we will try for Saturday. See you guys out there.
Old     (jim_b)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-13-2007, 4:26 PM Reply   
I have 2 for tomorrow, looking for more.Today was awesome out on the river.