Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2005

Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-09-2005, 10:22 PM Reply   
More video from Shasta...

http://www.wakepics.com/view_single.php?medid=16523
Old     (midwestrider)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-10-2005, 5:45 AM Reply   
Nice dock start Christie
Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-10-2005, 9:12 AM Reply   
Thanks, Josh! Did you notice the guy laughing in the background?? I thought that was funnier than the actual crash.
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-10-2005, 9:43 AM Reply   
Good video...nice to see them coming out again! Kami gets some serious air....more than most anyone else in the video.
Old    tige_kid            08-10-2005, 10:05 AM Reply   
Dude in the back round crakcs me up.
Old     (midwestrider)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-10-2005, 11:15 AM Reply   
Yes, I think the guy in the background wet himself! Kami does get nice air, now she needs to start grabbing.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-10-2005, 12:18 PM Reply   
loved the dockstart! however, I think Cliff's little tantrum in the last frame was the best! reminded me of me.
Old    stairmaster            08-10-2005, 12:48 PM Reply   
this video sucks
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-10-2005, 1:04 PM Reply   
mw, you signed up simply to post an insult?
Old     (iamnathanhudson)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-10-2005, 1:18 PM Reply   
hey mw, way to contribute absolutely nothing but negativity.....so therefor......YOU SUCK!!! I will take that comment back if your just playing around and you happen to be friends with the crew that was on the boat. I just can't stand someone who has nothing 'good' to contribute.

Christie,
It looks like you guys had tons of fun out there on shasta.....i sometimes wish i were out west to go experience some of the phatest spots to ride...maybe sometime i could get my way in on someone's houseboat trip somewhere out west one of these days. Keep on rockin out!!!!
-Nate

Old    stairmaster            08-10-2005, 1:54 PM Reply   
Actualy, i'm not friends with them. i just happen to think that videos consisting of heelside wakejumps are not very good.

If you want something positive, then it would be....

those people in the video look like they are having fun and thats the most important thing about wakeboarding.
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       08-10-2005, 1:58 PM Reply   
dude lets see some vid of you i bet your no better and the reason most people post vids is to show there having fun and progressing and if thats heelside wakejumps good for them there having fun

nice vid you guys. where you guys in the pit arm?
Old     (damienk)      Join Date: May 2002       08-10-2005, 2:01 PM Reply   
31 Jumps Total
28 Heel Side Jumps
3 Toe Side Jumps
22 Jumps from Left to Right
9 Jumps from Right to Left 6 of em are falls.
I think something is wrong with the right side of the wake!

Damn I hate OCD's

Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-10-2005, 2:22 PM Reply   
Wow! Some people obviously just don't get the point. This is not a professional video nor has anyone ever tried to make it one. This video is just a memory for the folks on the trip and a chance to share the fun with fellow wakeworlders.

Thomas - I loved Cliff's tantrum at the end as well and thought it was a fitting ending to the vid.

Nate - Anytime you are heading out west just put up a post. I'm sure there will be plenty of offers to get you out on a boat.

Charley - Yes, we were in the Pit arm.
Old     (damienk)      Join Date: May 2002       08-10-2005, 3:07 PM Reply   
I liked the video...I just always find it odd that I have to count...everything
Old     (rvh3)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-10-2005, 3:29 PM Reply   
Fun video, I watched it 3 times! Please don't respond to the negative posts and they will go away. They are just looking for any kind of attention. Excellent job as always Christie.
Old     (wakeme884)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-10-2005, 4:02 PM Reply   
It doesnt matter how good or bad you are, just the fact that youre out there DOING it and having fun!! Great "FUN" video.....
Old     (mastercraft1995)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-10-2005, 4:05 PM Reply   
I thought it was great just a bunch of people out having a GREAT time.

Kami got some good air and got her butt cleaned out at the same time.
Old    walt            08-10-2005, 4:43 PM Reply   
Nice video Christie....it looks like you guys had a GREAT time !
Old    dahui            08-10-2005, 5:59 PM Reply   
Looks like you guys are having a blast. You could get some major air with that wake if you would load that line and go for it. It seemed like everyone was approaching the wake very tenatively. Out of curiosity what was your speed and rope length. Enjoyed the video!! Who was the chick in the black on the boat? She had some huge .....
Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-10-2005, 7:33 PM Reply   
Thanks, everyone!

Da Hui - There are three separate wakes represented in the video (Moomba, Nautique and Malibu). The rope lengths varied from 65-75' and the speed from 22.5-24 mph.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I agree with you about my cut to the wake. It is still tentative because I'm a chicken (well, and I'm still recovering from a major injury )
Old    wakelvr            08-10-2005, 7:33 PM Reply   
Another great video. Christie, your riding looks good. Looks like you are past your mental block from hurting yourself. Now, help me get past mine from not riding for a year:-)
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-10-2005, 8:59 PM Reply   
Christie i would fit perfectly in your vid because i still have yet to master the toeside jump but it makes me feel good that i'm not alone and that us heelsiders are still accepted by the wakeboarding community.
Old     (twitch)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-10-2005, 10:14 PM Reply   
Christe... BEST DOCK START EVER!!!!!!!!!

Kami.. that was HUGE air

all i can say is i wish i was there
Old     (jjakober)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-11-2005, 7:39 AM Reply   
How many of you guys are coming to Petaros in September??

Later,
jjakober
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       08-11-2005, 7:53 AM Reply   
Christie I always enjoy your videos. Keep them coming :-)
Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-11-2005, 8:55 AM Reply   
Stef - Once you get the dust off your wakeboard and Brady lets you get some sleep, you will be back to normal in no time!

Matthew - Your welcome to come ride with us anytime.

Blair - I'm dock start challenged but at least it provided entertainment for those in the boat! haha

Jakober - I'll be at Pateros.

Peter - What's up? Say hello to Susie for me!