Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       07-24-2008, 2:36 PM Reply   
Hey all - Well this has pretty much been the best Minnesota summer ever for me and my group. My girlfriend and I bought our first inboard a 1987 Supra SunSport. Used an I/O Glastron for years and years.

I have been posting my progress there over on the boats forum, and I also have a gallery under this name on Wakeboarder.

I'm still working on getting the wakeboard wake to be big and peaky enough for me, but I have been having a GREAT time finally getting to surf!

The SunSport is an open bow, 19'6" long w/ 95"beam weighs 2225lbs dry. Just got done with installation of a simple ballast system. Two FlyHigh locker sacs 400lbs each (one in rear ski locker, one under rear seat) and a 680lb FlyHigh sac on the rear port floor. Put a couple people on the port rail and the wave is above waist high and clean. Pocket goes all 20' back on the rope.

I am 5'7" 160lbs. Other main rider is 6'10" 200lbs. We have demoed a few boards but selection is limited. LF Venture 5'6", Hyp Broadcast 5'6" and Landlock 5'11" I was selected as the June winner at Inland Surfer for a 4'5" black Four-Skim! Should be here any day! Woohoo!

These are great older boats. So far I don't think it has quite the killer steep wake of the 1980s Nauti2001s. But the surf wake is great. The boat has a TON of freeboard room and can be weighted to the max and never take a wave over the bow. Tons of storage and the ballast system is totally hidden except for the surf bag.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload