Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Find A Third/Be A Third

Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-25-2009, 12:34 PM Reply   
Dee Cee

You can't get good f'ing service anywhere. I took my boat to get the stress cracks fixed and was assured the guy doing it was good. Well they are back. The only dealer in central florida that was ever good was Malibu in Orlando which isn't even in business anymore. Anyway Im alive and well up here and killed it last Sunday. I felt like a rockstar! No one up here has a clue about wakeboarding. So when we went out and threw down everyone was pulling up in boats and coming down to the docks to observe. Of course the ever so famous question was asked numerous times while fueling up at the gas station; "How fast does your boat go, and whats that roll tower thing?" LOL! I plan to be back down that way in spring.

As far as work I finally landed a job as a Safety Inspector for 35$ an hour. Hell to the yea! It's only a short project but will lead to other opps. So I guess i made the right decision coming home. These days it's not what you know but who...back to ballin!
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-25-2009, 1:22 PM Reply   
I don't doubt this guys skills. I just wish he had told me last friday when I thought it was ordered that it was coming from California so I knew what to expect. He told me on Friday and Monday that it should be in by this past Weds. at the latest so I was really hoping to have my boat for the weekend. Oh well, its all good. i just can't wait to get my boat back.

Duffy, good to hear your doing well and we will link up on your return in the spring.
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-25-2009, 1:27 PM Reply   
His issue is different. The guy doing the service for DC is out fkn standing and I vouch for that. He may be hard to get a hold of - but who isnt when they are busy - busy because their work is in demand. It boils down to a parts / supplier issue. The supplier didnt send them when they should have. Shocking - I guess that never happens...? Who knows how it will go now that Im sure he got screamed at for a supplier issue - something he cant control. Whatever - I am not recommending anyone to anyone any more.

Anyway good to hear from you man, glad things are working out in WV - find us a place to snowboard up there and Ill come visit for sure!
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-25-2009, 1:30 PM Reply   
I can get your boat out for the weekend if you need me to man. Karens swim meet should be done before noon...
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-25-2009, 2:25 PM Reply   
Ted, don't get it twisted. My only complaint is that I did not get a call in the beginning of the week saying hey the part is being shipped from California so it won't be in this week like I thought. I am totally fine with everything and am just happy to be getting this done to my boat. If you wanna pick it up and bring it down for the weekend and drop it back off on sunday/monday that would be mighty nice of you. just call me and let me know whats going on.
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-25-2009, 3:19 PM Reply   
Nah we are cool man - no twist. I know its frustrating. I just know you guys have problems with a few of the Tampa wakeboat dealers boat service and I have a guy that always has done me right. I just try to do right by my friends - you included. He'll do you right man.

There isnt a service provider for anything on planet earth that can meet the Duff mans standards. Not one.

Looks like the riding will be up here man. Kat will have her 210 prowling around lake weir (I have realized that the LF Watson Board is created to fit the Nautique wake - holy crap what a boat!) and Doc has his wakesetter that he never uses. With Karen's comp saturday morning, I might just stick around here - maybe ride Orlando Sunday with Scott's crew, not sure yet...
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-25-2009, 3:32 PM Reply   
I have no doubt he will do me right. Wait............that don't sound right . Have a good time out on Weir. I think we are just gonna stay around here this weekend. Are you coming to tampa at all this week? If he gets the kit on Mon., I am hoping he will have it installed by wed./thurs at the latest.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-25-2009, 9:52 PM Reply   
Does anyone here ride in the winter? Looks like i'll be coming down for Christmas. Last time i came down to FL i was the only one riding at OWC. i am also going to hit the Flowrider where ever i can.
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-26-2009, 3:08 PM Reply   
Course we ride in the "winter". Heater shirt and board shorts is all u need!

DC I have meetings in St Pete and Tampa next week - Ill can probably get it to you when its done
Old     (steelesrt)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-27-2009, 9:42 AM Reply   
Matt murphy. I was at the cable park from 345 to about 6. Didn't really know what you looked like to talk to you.
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-27-2009, 10:47 AM Reply   
DC - you will love having that work done. We just got our fat sacs plumbed in last week and love the flip of a switch vs. psunami!

Ted - you were killing, as usual behind every Nautique I've had you behind, but especially BIG air these days behind the new 210! Sorry that the weather didn't cooperate today for more than 1 set! There's always next weekend...

Jo - there is no winter here. Just no wallys on the water season!!!
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-27-2009, 11:24 AM Reply   
Kat - Nice. how much did you add to it? You are always welcome to come out and take a set behind my boat if ya make it Tampa, or next time I make treck out Ted's way. I am just so spoiled with our riding spot here it's hard to have to go back to a lake :-)

Ted - Chester said to plan on having the boat done towards the end of the week so I am thinking maybe Thurs. or Fri.

Matt Steele - You killed it today as always. If anyone gets a chance to watch this kid ride, take it, he is siiiiiiick.
Old     (ncsuuh)      Join Date: Jan 2007       09-27-2009, 11:39 AM Reply   
Matt- I had to pick up a friend at the airport last minute. Wasn't able to make it out. I have wanted to get out on the weekends but it has been tough since I have been traveling so much. Hopefully within the next two weeks I can ride more.
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-27-2009, 12:25 PM Reply   
We have 500lb fat sacs in each of the v-drive compartments + 500 lbs of lead from foot locker forward + 400 lbs fat sac in the floor to the nose. Some other miscellaneous weight (200 lbs) thoughout; think that puts us close 3000 lbs total w/factory ballast. Not so great for the fuel consumption, but sweet wake!

Thanks for the invite; you are welcome to join us as well! We can usually find pretty decent water Sept - Mar on the area lakes. During the summer = hopeless!
Old     (clarkduh)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-27-2009, 4:48 PM Reply   
hoping thy swine flu shall be gone in next couple days then... im shready. yo steele, land anything new?
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-28-2009, 6:39 AM Reply   
Yep, I spent a solid 2 hours on the Nautique website yesterday - I frikin love that Coastal Edition Dash! I know that when its time to buy again - its gonna have to be some serious side by side comparisons!
Seriously - I daydream about Kats wake I cant wait to see what the X2 does with some extra meat in it!!
Gawd I hate work on mondays. Ill be in Tampa tomorrow for a meeting - anyone riding?
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-28-2009, 8:12 AM Reply   
lol...Ted has wake envy! ;-D That is a pretty sweet "flight control center" on the Coastal edition!
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-28-2009, 9:30 AM Reply   
Ted you're a TRADER.. I have definitely started to like the nautique wakes again after riding behind steves boat for the past 2 weeks but i still like my rampy MC wake.
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-28-2009, 10:31 AM Reply   
Nah - an opportunist maybe. Im just glad that I didnt immediatly jump right into a new boat (thats to George Bush's wonderful job on our economy or I probably would have...) and I waited.
Boat manufacturers have stepped it up for 09 an 10 man - the boats and wakes are looking good! Even Malibu pulled their head out of their arse and has snap in carpeting! Never thought I'd see it.
Old     (steelesrt)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-28-2009, 7:24 PM Reply   
Matt Murphy- It's cool. I know how stuff can come up last minute.
Clark- Hope you start feeling better soon. You've been sick for a while. I can't seem to stick all my stuff lately, so I've been working on that. i need u to show me that tootsie and batwing.
Old     (bflat53212)      Join Date: Mar 2003       09-29-2009, 9:03 AM Reply   
"Ill be in Tampa tomorrow for a meeting - anyone riding?"

Can't ride today, but would be up for tomorrow if anyone is interested in hitting up Lake Tarpon. I'm not hitting the river this week, it's just getting a little pricey towing that thing 40-45 minutes each way. Still looking for storage around the river.
Old     (clarkduh)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-29-2009, 11:12 AM Reply   
steve, u can keep it in my barn, and whenever u wanna goto river, i'll pull it over there... just an idea and i can also ask one of my friends who lives on the river if u can store it at his pad.

i would be in for tarpon if u dont mind me bringin my main shreddin buddy from out there. he shreds better than me. Its the one i lived with shreddin a vlx for a while, just let me know

Matt, im down to the point where i just have a gnarly cough so no more bad swine flu... i lost 12 pounds in a week from it.
Old     (bflat53212)      Join Date: Mar 2003       09-29-2009, 11:28 AM Reply   
"i ••••• lost 12 pounds in a week from it."

Sounds like I need the swine flu!

I appreciate the offer Clark. I think you and I live pretty far apart, so I don't think that will work.

Yeah, if you are down for riding, bring your buddy and lets ride. I send you a text tomorrow, once I know my schedule better.
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-29-2009, 1:57 PM Reply   
Steve - I will not be able to make it tomorrow but remember to bring a sharpie so you can mark where the holes are in your bags.
Old     (steelesrt)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-29-2009, 7:55 PM Reply   
I rode behind a x2 out on tarpon lake today and landed a pretty sick line.
Cab ts5- ts5- hs5- cab hs5

Wake was descent. Said they are getting more weight so that will be good. Just stock ballast + a 300ish sack in the back.
Old     (bflat53212)      Join Date: Mar 2003       09-30-2009, 2:21 AM Reply   
Well, that certainly didn't take you long Matt. Did she end up landing that hs 3?

Already plugged the major holes John. Now there isn't enough weight in the boat for my liking.
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-30-2009, 5:45 AM Reply   
Matt - I thought they had that thing sacked out. You were on the blue and white one correct?
Old     (steelesrt)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-30-2009, 6:52 AM Reply   
I wasn't sure about the weight. Ya, it was the blue and white boat. But it's not that much weight right now. They are supposed to be getting a 900 lb sac, so that should make a big difference. She landed the 3, but isn't very consistent. We worked more on front rolls.
Old     (clarkduh)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-30-2009, 6:55 PM Reply   
freakin tried double bouncin on tramp today with my huge friend and screwed my ankle up again so hopefully its not bad and should be shreddin asap... just taping it up for now, steele, wanna cable it up friday or somethin?
Old     (steelesrt)      Join Date: Aug 2009       10-01-2009, 7:23 AM Reply   
Sure. Will have to be in teh evening. I have a interview in the moorning/afternoon. Probably meet there at like 330 or 4. I can only last about 2 hours before i'm beat so that should work.
Old     (clarkduh)      Join Date: Aug 2009       10-01-2009, 11:16 AM Reply   
haha, yea 2 hours of actually trying stuff will probably knock me out as well. gettin good at taping my ankle so i should be shready tomorrow for sure. i think skubz is hittin up lake tarpon today, u get in touch with him?
Old     (steelesrt)      Join Date: Aug 2009       10-01-2009, 6:09 PM Reply   
ya. We rode tonight. Thanks for the pull scubz. OG- That malibu wake was sick. I won't be able to make it to the cable tomorrow
Old     (clarkduh)      Join Date: Aug 2009       10-01-2009, 10:03 PM Reply   
no worries, he was stoked on your riding. you should have stayed to watch him, he goes way huge. i gave wig/ryan your number so he said he would hit u up when he goes out
Old     (bflat53212)      Join Date: Mar 2003       10-02-2009, 4:48 AM Reply   
Clark how could Ryan even see the wake. It was pretty dark by the time we got off the lake? I haven't seen him ride in a while, we should have stayed.

Is the ankle feeling any better today?
Old     (ncsuuh)      Join Date: Jan 2007       10-02-2009, 7:13 AM Reply   
Anyone know how to get in touch with Duffy? I tried his cell but wasn't sure if he still has the same number. I was going to send him a pre-packaged enveloped so he could ship my sunglasses.
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-02-2009, 7:42 AM Reply   
Matt - I will e mail you his phone number unless it has changed.
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-02-2009, 7:42 AM Reply   
Matt - I will e mail you his phone number unless it has changed.
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-02-2009, 8:12 AM Reply   
Dude, Duffy must like your glasses - you may just want to get a new pair. Especially if no one else in West Virginia has a pair like them!
Old     (ncsuuh)      Join Date: Jan 2007       10-02-2009, 9:39 AM Reply   
Ted I think your right. They were VZ-polarized. Everyone in WV has wal-mart shades. Polarized shades are foreign to them.
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-02-2009, 10:41 AM Reply   
He likes stuff that no one else has - its how he measures his self worth... I just didnt think he would stoop so low as to keep your shades. These are rough times though - it aint pimpin if you can afford it!!
Old     (clarkduh)      Join Date: Aug 2009       10-02-2009, 1:32 PM Reply   
my wal mart sunglasses are polarized :-D and yea steve, the ankle is feeling pretty good today. i dont know how ryan saw the wake but its been a while since i've seen him ride and holy hell i forgot how huge that kid goes, he makes me look horrible haha
Old     (clarkduh)      Join Date: Aug 2009       10-04-2009, 12:31 PM Reply   
i rode, ankle is fine. had a pretty good double set with ryan but i was suuuper drunk and still did pretty good so next time, ill learn some stuff and stay relatively sober. matt u wanna ride this week, we are trying to plan some stuff
Old     (bflat53212)      Join Date: Mar 2003       10-04-2009, 4:29 PM Reply   
Anyone want to ride hbr at 5pm Monday night?
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-04-2009, 4:49 PM Reply   
Im in Steve. After all the waiting I did for my boat the brakes on the trailer went out on its way down here. Had to be flatbeded to the local trailer place. I really feel like I can't win . Oh well. I am hoping it will be ready to go by midweek.
Old     (bflat53212)      Join Date: Mar 2003       10-04-2009, 6:43 PM Reply   
Sounds good John, I'll send you a text mid-day tomorrow. Sorry to hear about the trailer. Damn! I know the feeling.
Old     (steelesrt)      Join Date: Aug 2009       10-04-2009, 10:35 PM Reply   
clark. hit me up w/ a txt or something when you guys are going out. I want to get a couple good sets in behind that malibu wake. I can't ride wednesday because of school. I'm good for every other day to ride though.
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-05-2009, 6:12 AM Reply   
Wow - that sux man! No wonder I didnt hear from you Sat afternoon...
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-05-2009, 6:15 AM Reply   
Yeah, I feel bad cause I lost it on Chester when he called to tell me, especially he saved me by using one of his free tows from AAA to get the boat from where it was to Tampa. The trailer guy was telling me it would have easily been a $200 tow. I should know later today when I will get the boat back.
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-05-2009, 7:18 AM Reply   
You are the most most high strung hippie ive ever met
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-05-2009, 7:19 AM Reply   
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old     (clarkduh)      Join Date: Aug 2009       10-05-2009, 10:32 AM Reply   
i might be back in town steve. went up to gainesville to celebrate sisters bday. will call you in an hour or so and figure it out
Old     (bflat53212)      Join Date: Mar 2003       10-05-2009, 12:09 PM Reply   
I'll have my phone on me Clark, so even if you show up later, just call my cell and will pick you up from the dock.
Old     (fic)      Join Date: May 2008       10-05-2009, 3:14 PM Reply   
Skubz where were you headed so early this morning at 6.00 I was next to you at the trafic light at bryan dairy and belcher?
Old     (bflat53212)      Join Date: Mar 2003       10-06-2009, 7:51 AM Reply   
lol...headed to work with th boat Dom, so I didn't have to go pick it up afterwork or lunch time. Good to know I am being "watched"
Old     (clarkduh)      Join Date: Aug 2009       10-06-2009, 9:09 AM Reply   
we're watching your every move steve....
Old     (bflat53212)      Join Date: Mar 2003       10-06-2009, 11:17 AM Reply   
At least that means the next time I break down, somebody will be within shouting distance. Well, at least hopefully somebody who cares next time.
Old     (steelesrt)      Join Date: Aug 2009       10-06-2009, 11:38 AM Reply   
for sure. some fishermen are dicks and don't care if you get eaten by gators, they are more worried about cruising on by to sit and ignore your pain.
Old     (steelesrt)      Join Date: Aug 2009       10-07-2009, 5:55 AM Reply   
Landed a handle pass b-roll 2 blind last night. Super stoked right now.
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-07-2009, 9:33 AM Reply   
DeeCee - you used that boat yet?
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-07-2009, 1:39 PM Reply   
Nope. Hope to get it back today or tomorrow, and still have to reset the timers and fill everything and make sure its good to go. We were supposed to do all that last sat. when the trailer brakes crapped out. Just one more thing to be super anal about now. I am thinking of putting salt away in a spray bottle for when I put it in salt now to hit the wheels and brakes right after i drop it in as the salt is what really caused the issue.
Old     (steelesrt)      Join Date: Aug 2009       10-07-2009, 7:35 PM Reply   
Wanted to post up some tricks I laid down today with clark and ryan behind his malibu. KGB on the first set. then a Switch KGB on the second. Big thanks to clark and ryan for the pulls and the help on the tricks. were going out tomorrow afternoon so hopefully something else will go down.
Clark was super close on the batwing2blind and dumdum.
Old     (dixiebmxer)      Join Date: May 2009       10-08-2009, 12:17 AM Reply   
Who is riding the Mccormicks comp Sunday? I cant ride due to lack of funds..... and I suck lol
Old     (radrachel)      Join Date: May 2009       10-08-2009, 1:27 AM Reply   
Bummer, Tony. I know you were looking forward to riding this weekend in the comp. Well, at least you'll be better for the next one! I wanted to come out for it, but I have hardly any days off left til the end of the year and am using them to ride myself!
Old     (clarkduh)      Join Date: Aug 2009       10-08-2009, 8:56 AM Reply   
i suck in comps... rather just shred all day at cable or take some boat sets relaxed. yea. matt is a freak of nature. hopefully i will grow a set and land my stuff so i can show matt up which is becoming hard... You ___hole. HAHA:wig freaked out cause he got water in his nose and thought he had amoeba's
Old     (steelesrt)      Join Date: Aug 2009       10-08-2009, 9:53 AM Reply   
thats funny. i read an article about that. It said that 4 people have died at owc in past couple years because of amoeba's.
Old     (stillentt)      Join Date: May 2007       10-08-2009, 10:04 AM Reply   
I have yet to make it down to McCormicks so I'm thinking about going to watch the comp on sunday, you guys think it will be a big deal or low key ?

In other news (if anyone cares) If anyone is interested in riding next week I am off work ALL week (my ear hole is healed up) and my girlfriend is flying in from Oklahoma this wknd and bringing her board and we are going to be hopefully riding some relaxed sets as much as possible all next week. Planning on making some early afternoon runs and then some 5PM runs depending on how many ppl I can round up.
Old     (bflat53212)      Join Date: Mar 2003       10-08-2009, 10:32 AM Reply   
I am up north again until Tuesday, but will definitely be up for riding the middle of next week.

Nice job Matt. I was going to ask if your r2b's were an early handle-pass or late. I figured if it was early, it was only a matter of time before you landed the kgb, nice work!
Old     (dixiebmxer)      Join Date: May 2009       10-08-2009, 3:33 PM Reply   
Im down for next week Scotty
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       10-08-2009, 4:33 PM Reply   
Damn, those must be some bad azz sunglasses! By the way wal-mart is not cool, the cool people shop at sears and tractor supply because they have orange county chopper sunglasses. Only the rich can afford those up here.

Matt I have had a busy past 4 weeks, Send me your address and I'll get them to you...
Old     (clarkduh)      Join Date: Aug 2009       10-09-2009, 8:49 AM Reply   
duffy, u take that back! my support of china may not be respectful but my wal-mart sunglasses kickass!!!!!!!!!! oh and we rode a 100 foot line yesterday on ryans boat at 27.6. it was freakin ridiculous. the wake was about 30 feet wide and it was insane how high and fast you got going. the falls were not like, oh hit the water and then your underwater. it was: hit the water, roll on top of the water, hit the water again, then go underwater. so much fun but so much more painful. anybody up for cable today? i think im gonna head out there once i find a board
Old     (jb06gravity)      Join Date: Jun 2009       10-09-2009, 10:26 AM Reply   
Hey guys, I've been away for a while, but I'm back! I have my boat in the shop right now, getting a larger alternator to keep the stereo powered :-) ha ha. Stock one just couldn't keep all 4 batteries charged for some reason lol. I should have it back by Wednesday. Any one feel like pulling me this weekend though?
Old     (clarkduh)      Join Date: Aug 2009       10-09-2009, 8:36 PM Reply   
if u find a ditch, i can pull you with my truck but thats all i got.... CABLE ALL DAY TOMORROW (SATURDAY)!!!!!
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-10-2009, 11:49 AM Reply   
After finaly getting my boat back..............It's going back to the shop. I must have hit a log on Friday cause the prop is dinged bad so I have to get it fixed and also I think i am still having issues with my trailer brakes unless new breaks are supposed to squeal real bad and smell like burnt rubber.

(Message edited by jaybee on October 10, 2009)
Old     (jb06gravity)      Join Date: Jun 2009       10-11-2009, 2:32 PM Reply   
I think I'm going through withdrawls from not riding for so long now, it's been at least 3 weeks!
Old     (stillentt)      Join Date: May 2007       10-11-2009, 4:59 PM Reply   
JB - Lets ride tomorrow at HBR. Anyone else want in? I'm thinking around noonish if we can get crew together?
Old     (flwakecat)      Join Date: Apr 2009       10-11-2009, 6:54 PM Reply   
Hi Tampa-ers... don't mean to come in on your thread but figured this was the best place to inquire. I'm moving to Tampa in June and am looking for a place to room. If anyone knows of someone who may need a roomie or maybe just good suggestions on places to live within the wakeboarding community, I'd really appreciate it!!

Thank you :-)
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-12-2009, 6:26 AM Reply   
Sup Cat? I think you will find plenty of riders in the Tampa area. We are not as stuck up as the Orlando riders... is there an Orlando Thread as big as Tampa's? I think not.
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-12-2009, 6:28 AM Reply   
DeeCee - what size prop? I have one for sale.
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       10-12-2009, 7:09 AM Reply   
Ted - I am getting it fixed, not buying a new one. They said there turn around time is 2 working days so I should be good to go by wednesday.
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-12-2009, 10:04 AM Reply   
BAWS?