Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 21, 2006

Old     (offdapeggs)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-24-2006, 5:43 AM Reply   
this may seem wierd but last weekend while we were packing to go to the lake our windshield just broke. Nobody touched it, the temperature changed quite a bit as it heated up. Apparently these windshields are very difficult to put in since they rarely just "fit". could it be that mine had a lot of stress on it and finally broke?
has anyone heard of anything like this?
the boat is a MC X-10
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-24-2006, 6:16 AM Reply   
I have never put a window in a X-10 but im guessing it cant be that diffrent than my Air Nautique,and I have done that it can be removed and reinstalled in 1 hr. Most windows and frames are made by "Taylor Made" hopfully your dealership can still order one for you.
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-24-2006, 9:11 AM Reply   
Back when I had my Malibu I had the center window broken. Handle snapped back through the boat during some shortline stuff. Dealer fixed it pretty quickly and cheap.
Old     (audiopro74)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-24-2006, 9:51 AM Reply   
Had a sanger 210 sitting in front of my store, same thing. No impact mark, no one around the boat. Just a shattered window.
Old    debsxstar            05-24-2006, 3:41 PM Reply   
I thought these windpws were plastic?
Old     (offdapeggs)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-24-2006, 8:17 PM Reply   
well,
since mastercraft only sells the entire set,,,,,at $1300
they must be diamond
Old     (kirk)      Join Date: May 2003       05-25-2006, 5:38 AM Reply   
I had mine shatter while towing on the way to a 14 day vacation. I called Tige while on the road, had them UPS a replacement to the closest glass place where we were staying and had it installed within 3 days. Tige went out of thier way to ensure I was able to get my replacement for the rest of my vacation. I am still finding pieces of the safety glass in hidden nooks and crannies 3 years later...