Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old     (lives2wake)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-04-2009, 6:07 AM Reply   
Has anyone used this model from Sanyo?
It records in HD 720 and is waterproof up to 10'. Bonus, it's under 500$...but is it worth it?
Has anyone used it for shooting from the tube? If yes can you upload some footy to Vimeo so that I can see the quality. Thanks...thinking about buying myself a little Christmas present.
Old     (chuckbutta)      Join Date: Oct 2009       12-04-2009, 2:33 PM Reply   
i use the FH1 great cam. iono about the WH1. sanyo always makes good cameras. at a good price.

shot with the FH1 at 1920x1080@60fps. but its rendered @720 30p. So take what you will from it.
Old     (lives2wake)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-06-2009, 6:32 PM Reply   
Your video seems pretty glitchy...hmmm. What does it look like at 60fps?
The WH1 maxes out at 720 at 30fps and can be tuned up to 60fps but then it looses video quality. I'd be pretty pumped to get some tube shots though.
Old     (chuckbutta)      Join Date: Oct 2009       12-07-2009, 11:17 PM Reply   
not sure what you mean by glitchy... i cant show you 60fps on the net. unless i file trans you non rendered footage. since vimeo and youtube want the format that they want. and i highly doubt you can "tune up" wh1 to 60fps. look at a cameras spec to find what what formats and frame rates it records at. what is lists is what it shoots at
Old     (lives2wake)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-08-2009, 10:16 PM Reply   
When the riders are moving quickly or flipping, there's a distinct shadow. I don't really know how to describe it.
I've done some research and decided that although tube shots would be great to get, I can always get a camera housing so, I wont be getting the MH1.
I'm looking for something else...