Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 22, 2007

Old     (wakeparent)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-10-2007, 6:37 PM Reply   
K.K. you will be missed by the wakeboard community. My payers go out to you Family and Friends. RIDE ON...
Old     (got_river)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-10-2007, 8:04 PM Reply   
I second that...KK was such a great kid...I loved to watch him ride...my thoughts are with his family.
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-10-2007, 10:04 PM Reply   
always sad to lose a fellow rider...i didn't know him but i have to ask, his initials were KKK?!?
Old     (poodle)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-10-2007, 10:21 PM Reply   
no his initials were K.K. and he will be missed so much great kid i hate to hear something like this has happend we will all miss you homie but i no your rippin it up in a better place now where all the lakes are glassy all the time and theres always plenty of homies to ride with ganna miss you man
R.I.P K.K.
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-10-2007, 10:21 PM Reply   
What happened? This is a shock to me. I liked that kid alot.
Old     (wakeparent)      Join Date: Jan 2005       03-10-2007, 10:33 PM Reply   
Tom, he in a car crash coming home his house in Mexico, I dont know all the details except it was last night... rip K.K.
Old     (ynot)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-10-2007, 10:34 PM Reply   
im with tom. i have no idea what happened but am really sad to hear something like this. could someone fill us in?
Old    akman            03-10-2007, 10:34 PM Reply   
This truly is sad news, I met KK 5 years ago and have ridden off and on with him since that first meeting. What a great kid who was full of life, always smiling, laughing and as polite as could be.

My thoughts go out to his family.

RIP

Gramps
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       03-10-2007, 10:49 PM Reply   
We too have known KK, Moe and the family.This is a tragic loss to all that knew him. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and loved ones.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-10-2007, 11:50 PM Reply   
Could someone please fill the rest of us who have no idea what you guys are talking about in?
Old    akman            03-11-2007, 12:45 AM Reply   
Cliff, Kristian Kastari a Canyon Lake regular and an up and coming Jr. Rider apparently died Friday or Saturday in an automobile accident.

He was a very well liked kid that had a real zest for life, one of the most pleasant kids I have ever met.
Old    wakelvr            03-11-2007, 7:58 AM Reply   
Aki, Did we meet this young man a few years back across the river?

RIP Kristian. Very sad news...
Old    wakelvr            03-11-2007, 8:15 AM Reply   
Aki, this one is for you.
RIP Kristian.
Upload
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       03-11-2007, 8:27 AM Reply   
RIP KK
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-11-2007, 8:38 AM Reply   
Kristian was a great kid. Besides being an extremely talented wakeboarder, he was a 4.0 student and an Eagle Scout. Kristian was the kind of person who tried to take care of his family and friends anyway that he could. He was always excited to talk about how well his younger brother, Moe, was riding. KK was down with hanging out and having fun with anyone.

Our world just got a little smaller here, we are all going to miss Kristian terribly.

RIP Kristian. We love you, will never forget you.
Old     (got_river)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-11-2007, 9:58 AM Reply   
Here is a link to an article covering KK's accident.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/riverside/20070310-1015-fatality.html

(Message edited by got_river on March 11, 2007)
Old     (wake4chicks)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-11-2007, 10:21 AM Reply   
i didnt know him but it sounds like he was an amazing guy. just thought i would throw out an idea. someone should gather up a bunch of videos of him and put it together in memory of him. doesnt just have to be of him boarding but it could be of him and his family and friends.
Old     (wakegenie)      Join Date: Sep 2006       03-11-2007, 10:25 AM Reply   
wow, I hate to hear that, I didn't know him but my thoughts go out to him and his family
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-11-2007, 10:34 AM Reply   
Wow, this is really sad. I only met Krisitian once, but you wouldn't believe all the great things I've heard about him over the years. This is a kid that truly touched a lot of people. My prayers go out to his family and friends. RIP Kristian!
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-11-2007, 11:50 AM Reply   
I couldn't imagine losing my son. My prayers go out to the family.
Old     (gbgonzal138)      Join Date: Oct 2004       03-11-2007, 6:12 PM Reply   
RIP K.K. I had alot of fun chillin with you at nationals, and watching you try to pursue action sport videos. Great wakeboarder, and snowboarder.

My prayers go out to him, and his family.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-11-2007, 6:33 PM Reply   
I remember him as a kid at the Canyon Comps who was always laughing and smiling, and goofing off. Good kid. RIP KK.
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-11-2007, 7:30 PM Reply   
WOW. I met Kristian and his father 2 years ago while riding with Aki and Dave. I commented to them that he was one of the most polite and respectful youngsters I have ever met. He also tore it up on the wakeboard. My prayers go out to him and his family. RIP
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       03-11-2007, 8:09 PM Reply   
I'm truly going to miss that guy. Although I didn't know him too well, I was always impressed with how level headed he was. I"m going to miss seeing him tear it up behind that sacked down yellow boat.

RIP Kristian.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       03-11-2007, 8:57 PM Reply   
Man that sucks. Good kid & a definite ripper!

My prayers are with he & his family.
Old     (ponte_06_x2)      Join Date: Jan 2006       03-11-2007, 9:02 PM Reply   
dam. i dont know him but i wish his family and friends a blessing. soo sad. life can be too dam short. show some love and have some stickers made and put them on your boards or boats. then post picts of the boards or boats. that would be cool. god bless
Old     (damienk)      Join Date: May 2002       03-12-2007, 10:13 AM Reply   
I first noticed Kristian in Mexico. It wasn’t his riding I noticed, since he was probably only 10 or 11 years old at the time. What I saw was a red and white tige, pulling a group of kids on an inner tube. All I could see at the wheel was a mop of white-blonde hair, barely able to see over the wheel. As years went by I learned Kristian was special. He was an incredible student, an eagle scout, an amazing wakeboarder, and an outstanding motocrosser just to name a few of his accomplishments. But what impressed me most about Kristian was who he was, as a person. Even at a young age he floored me with his level of responsibility. He was always respectful and nice. Over the years I got to know KK better, we became friends and he became my son Kaden’s hero. He knew what he meant to Kaden (also a KK) always encouraging and coaching Kaden and playing with him for hours despite their age differences. He would show up at our house, every time we were both in Mexico, just to play with kids. Over time we started noticing something else about KK, he was ripping on the wakeboard. With fluid style and effortless pop he was hard not to notice. But, what always stood out for me when he rode was the smile that covered his face. This kid loved to wakeboard and loved life. He was destined to go places in life, whether as a wakeboarder or on his dirt bike or just for his intelligence and charisma. He took care of his brother and sister, always making sure they were entertained. I know KK made his parents proud. If you were around Steve, he let you know how proud he was of Kristian, never missing an opportunity to list his current accomplishments. KK was a favorite of the Canyon Lake Wakeboard club as a rider and as a friend and will be missed by us all. I could go on and on about KK. I would be proud if my kids grow up to be like Kristian, courteous and polite, hard working and enthusiastic and always participating in life. KK made a difference in this world. You impacted our lives, Goodbye brother.
Old     (damienk)      Join Date: May 2002       03-12-2007, 10:58 AM Reply   
KK and Kaden
Upload
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-12-2007, 1:10 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/getarticle.asp?articleid=1045
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-12-2007, 2:30 PM Reply   
our prayers out with him and his family...
Old     (dan_the_man)      Join Date: Apr 2004       03-12-2007, 4:07 PM Reply   
KK was truly a great kid who touched many people. The wakeboard community has suffered a great loss. My prayers go out to his family and all who were close to him. KK, you will never be forgotten.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-12-2007, 6:01 PM Reply   
There isn't much I can say. I am only one year older than him. Just shows you how fragile life can be.

My prayers go out to him and his family.
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       03-13-2007, 11:47 AM Reply   
This is the info that I have so far on the memorial for KK. It will take place on Saturday March 17, 2007 at the Mormon Church in Murrieta on Washington across from Murrieta Valley High School. I can't seem to get an exact address of the church, it is not on the Mormon website and they don't answer their phones at either stake.
I will post any other info as I get it.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-13-2007, 3:01 PM Reply   
The address and directions have been added to the article at http://www.wakeworld.com/getarticle.asp?articleid=1045.
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-15-2007, 6:56 PM Reply   
KK was one of the nicest kids I have met. He always said hi, smiled, and loved to ride and have fun....a solid, stable, kind hearted-young man. My prayers go up for his family.
Old     (tburd83)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-16-2007, 7:28 PM Reply   
I just want to send my condolences to family and friends. I knew Kristian as a little grom at the age of 10. I was 16. He was the most mature, polite and charismatic kid I have ever met. I swear I thought he was my age just by the way he carried himself. We met when he became my neighbor of The River. I only rode with KK a few times but I frequently talked with him and spent time setting up sliders in front of our houses. He always rose well above any expectations for a young guy. I hope he is riding pure glass, carving the freshest snow and ripping the perfect dirt. We will all miss you KK. Thanks for everything you did for us and always bringing your smile and great personality plus unbelievable talent to the table every time. You're an inspiration to us all.
Thanks again for touching our hearts.
Tyler 115- The River
Old     (casa115)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-16-2007, 8:04 PM Reply   
Kristin was the cute blond kid that lived next door. His dad and I became friends and on several occasions we would stand by the river's edge and boast about our sons. He would tell me about how Kristin took first place at the motocross race and I'd say that Tyler just did his first tantrum. We would go on and on trying to top each other. Steve, my heart and soul go out to you and Tina. Your son touched our lives in a very special way. Kristian, thanks for sharing your life with us. The Minderhout family
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-16-2007, 8:11 PM Reply   
There is no one there during the day to answer phones at the stake center.
anyway here is the address for the Stake Center on Washington.:

Funeral is at 1pm on Saturday March 17th.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
23800 Washington Ave,
Murrieta,CA 92562
it is directly across the street from Murrieta Valley High School.
Old     (hannah103)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-17-2007, 10:41 PM Reply   
Kristian "KK" Kastari was always fun to be around.. Mexico will never be the same without him.. I'll look over at his mex house right next to mine and remember the good times. he is still here in spirit.. REST IN PARADISE KK.. never forgotten.. we love you.