Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2003

Old    tpalmeri            08-22-2003, 9:47 AM Reply   
with his passing just over a year ago, I found a picture posted on "endofropegang.com" of Mark doing what may be the biggest hoochie I have ever seen. He will always be one of the greats. WE MISS YOU MARK!!

if you cant open the pic, go to endofropegang.com and go to the discussion boards and under the general discussion board there is "worlds biggest hoochie" thread. That is the pic

Mark Kenney Hoochie
Old    tpalmeri            08-22-2003, 9:48 AM Reply   
cool it showed up!! enjoy
Old    blind5            08-22-2003, 9:52 AM Reply   
it's also on wake.com.au right on there main page i just set it as my wallpaper
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       08-22-2003, 11:49 AM Reply   
I'm sorry, but that is just freakin' crazy!! How can his knees possibly withstand the impact of that landing.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-22-2003, 12:12 PM Reply   
My thoughts exactly, Dave. How do you land that? And look at the water....not exactly glass he's landing in.
Old     (wakescene)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-22-2003, 2:07 PM Reply   
yea, looks nearly 25ft high or higher. 2 1/2 stories, cmon, there have got to be many more photos than that of him doing this trick. If it is legit, he may hold a world record!

KG
Old    tpalmeri            08-22-2003, 2:50 PM Reply   
If you have seen his tribute video, then you know he is fully capable of going very big! other tricks of his that stand out is a method vulcan. that too is in the video
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-22-2003, 3:36 PM Reply   
mark was a wonderful person and an incredible rider. and that's one hell of a hoochie glide. but it's maybe 15-17ft up at most.

take a look at it - mark was 5' 5" tall. does that look like 5 of him stacked one on top of the other would fit underneath him? not even close.
Old    tpalmeri            08-22-2003, 3:38 PM Reply   
Christopher. I could not agree with you more... if anyone had the opportunity to meet him, there was a lasting impression made. He will never be forgotten
Old     (h20jnky)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-22-2003, 4:47 PM Reply   
he is the man.......

i am sure air traffic control is still wondering what all the unidentified blips were on radar that day.....
Old     (cam)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-22-2003, 7:01 PM Reply   
Here is a video of him pulling an equally as big orient air at Planet X Games in Sydney 2002

http://wake.com.au/modules/media/markkennyxgames.mpa

The Quality isnt great, but you get the idea.
Oh and who is going to be the first person this time to ask for the full speed version, this is in real time, not edited.

Enjoy
Old     (cam)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-24-2003, 8:24 AM Reply   
I actually took the time to read all the other posts in this thread tonight, and didnt realise how many doubters where out there.
Mark did land this hoochie, and as you can see in the video from planet x games, he landed that one.
I know some of the guys in the boat that day (planet x games), and the reaction from this trick was "#$%# that is huge", and then to see him land it.
He went on the next day in the finals to pull an equally as big hoochie glide.
They were without a doubt he was the winner on the day so they pulled around to give him an encore double up as it would be, but he happen to snap his board down the centre from that double up, and didnt want to risk a second try and injure himself.
Mark was a freak, a pioneer, and forever a legend to this pastime we call wakeboarding.

(Message edited by cam on August 24, 2003)
Old    wakeboard4568            08-24-2003, 11:32 AM Reply   
WHOA....that is crazy...definately a picture for the desktop.

elisabeth