Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 16, 2009

Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       10-05-2009, 8:21 AM Reply   
My new board came in the mail last friday and I'm digging how light it is compared to the old one, but once bindings are mounted on it, you don't notice it nearly as much, which got me wondering, in a full set-up, how light is "light"?
I weighed it, and I'm around 13lbs for board and bindings - Transcend plat with 08 Zeus'
Still kicking around new boots for next year, and I know they'll be lighter, but again - how light is "Light" when you're talking a full board/boot set-up?
Old     (wakemikey)      Join Date: Mar 2008       10-05-2009, 8:38 AM Reply   
Maybe your bindings are now the heavy ones? If my memory serves me most liquid force boards about about 6.5lbs and the limited fly cores are about a pound lighter.

If your bindings have a thick footbed, lots of rubber supports or wraps, a baseplate that is possible metal and could be made smaller than it is, then you could maybe shave a bit off there. Older bindings CAN be pretty heavy.

Oh but you have 08Zues those cant be heavy hmmmm
Old     (ryanbush11)      Join Date: May 2003       10-05-2009, 8:47 AM Reply   
MY 09 138 Watson with 09 Watson CT weighs in a 13.5
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-05-2009, 9:10 AM Reply   
my Slingshot setup is like 10 lbs, which was checked on a UPS scale, cannot get much more exact... mostly because the boots do not really have a baseplate and the boards are crazy light light too
Old     (nbigger)      Join Date: May 2008       10-05-2009, 9:54 AM Reply   
Nick what bindings are you riding?
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-05-2009, 10:34 AM Reply   
The new DB9 and Faction bindings is around 8lbs. Crazy light.

I would say 13lbs is about the norm. Those Platinum boards are really light, but the old CWB bindings are heavy.

In the real world, my experience is, weight doesn't much affect board performance. I can't feel the difference between a light or heavy board during spins. The place where it makes the biggest difference is carrying your board to the boat..... LOL!!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-05-2009, 10:37 AM Reply   
I have PB Floyds... but i had D2's and they aren't much heavier
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-05-2009, 10:42 AM Reply   
" The place where it makes the biggest difference is carrying your board to the boat..... LOL!!"

or when your walking the winch line out!
Old     (xbones)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-05-2009, 11:00 AM Reply   
8lbs is nuts. I've never weighted either of my set-ups, but my Ronix DHV1 and 09 One boots is pretty light... prolly around the 10-12 mark.

Pretty sure my jib stick weighs about 15lbs w/o boots... Ha Ha (06 Hype Premier = TANK)
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       10-05-2009, 11:12 AM Reply   
I'm there with you on not affecting my riding, I'm recently switched from my Marius 140 to a double laminated Transcend 142 plat. Yes it is a plat, but they double laminated it after we broke 2 in 2 wks, that thing is super heavy, but BULLETPROOF! Am thinking about putting new bindings on it.....either the new Marius or AA boots, possibly Ronix Cells....I guess we'll see
Old     (wakesurfer08)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-05-2009, 11:33 AM Reply   
Sorry D, but that board is NOT FOR SALE! LOL.
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       10-05-2009, 11:40 AM Reply   
You just have to let me borrow it if I snap this one!