Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 29, 2009

Old     (beachshack)      Join Date: Oct 2004       05-05-2009, 6:01 PM Reply   
I was talking to someone at Monster about getting one of their towers, and asked them why they don't sell a rack that holds two wakeboards and one surf board like many you have suggested like Krypt. They told me that it ways the boat down oddly with one side being more heavy then the other. I like the rack made by Krypt and would like to get a rack that holds two kneeboards, any suggestions or responses?
Old     (lsukuntryboy)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-05-2009, 6:52 PM Reply   
i really doubt that 15lbs is gonna make that much of a difference on the which way it leans. but if it does just get 2
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-05-2009, 6:59 PM Reply   
Weighs
Old     (jtnz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       05-05-2009, 7:08 PM Reply   
Just tuck some loose change away somewhere on the opposite side, sorted.
Old     (beachshack)      Join Date: Oct 2004       05-06-2009, 5:41 AM Reply   
I didn't think it would make that big of a difference, but when they brought it up I thought I better ask you guys.

Hatepain-thanks Weighs
Old     (mhunter)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-06-2009, 6:11 AM Reply   
So what happens when you have an odd number of people on board? If you take a board out of the rack they make now doesn't that weigh it down the same. I call Bullsh-t.
Old     (rbeckei)      Join Date: May 2007       05-06-2009, 7:05 AM Reply   
It does not make a diff. I have one surfboard rack with a double wakeboard rack and no diff.

Upload
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-06-2009, 8:41 AM Reply   
I put one 35 - 40 lb SkySki on the side of my Titan all the time..... plus over 100 lbs in speakers. And don't have any problems.

But thats not to say that a universal tower with more joints in it wouldn't have issues..... specifically joints in the top corners of the tower. As I understand it, if you frequently check how tight those joints are, you will be fine. But if you let it go at all, you run the risk of breaking things, especially if the tower is loaded heavy on one side. Which is possibly why they don't advise it.

(Message edited by bill_airjunky on May 06, 2009)
Old     (beachshack)      Join Date: Oct 2004       05-06-2009, 2:38 PM Reply   
Rob
What rack do you have that has double wakeboards and a surfboard?

Have any of you heard good things about Monster towers.

If it helps I have a 1989 Tristar.
Old     (rbeckei)      Join Date: May 2007       05-06-2009, 3:23 PM Reply   
It is a double wakeboard rack and I have cross member on the tower which supports the single surfboard rack. They are made by TITAN. They are not combined. I was just showing my set up. And that the weight would not make a diff. if it was combined or together.
Old     (spencerwm)      Join Date: Feb 2009       05-06-2009, 4:42 PM Reply   
I have never talked to anyone with a Monster tower that didn't like the quality. A lot of people aren't stoked on the look but that is personal preference.

Check out the Titan Towers also. You could pick up the Series I tower for $1295 and they would build it custom for you. Call or email Rocky
(916) 858-1178
Rocky@titanWake.com

Titan Series I Tower
Old     (monsterman)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-07-2009, 11:53 AM Reply   
Curt-
I think there may have been a miss communication or miss information on the reason for not having a rack that holds 2 wakeboards and a surfboard or two kneeboards. It is due to the weight put on the actual rack, not on the boat. The weight and sizes of 3 boards going onto a rack pushes the stress on the clamp to rack connection to dangerous levels. Especially as many of the surfboards or kneeboards are rather large/heavy. We don't want there to be a risk of you losing your boards if something were to break due to the extra weight/size so we decided not to manufacture something that could have problems like that. Let me know if you have any other questions or anything.
Kenton
kenton@monstertower.com
877-778-6937
Old     (beachshack)      Join Date: Oct 2004       05-08-2009, 3:26 PM Reply   
Kenton
thanks for the clarification. I really like the look of your towers and a lot of people have made good comments about them. If you have clients that I could call and discuss their tower with them I would love it. You can email names and email address if you would like (curtstuck@aol.com).
Old     (smuurph84)      Join Date: Oct 2008       05-08-2009, 4:30 PM Reply   
I have one and its great MT2 just put a pair of pro 80's on it. I must have called them 10 times before I bought it. I will be happy to answer any questions I can
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-08-2009, 5:24 PM Reply   
start a thread here called "who's got a Monster tower" and check the feedback. After a few responses you'll be buying one. No personal experience with one but i haven't ever heard anything bad about the Monster products.