Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (tazbike)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-18-2006, 3:31 PM Reply   
I'm 5'8" and 168lbs and have looked at the 4'9" Broadcast and the 4'6" LF Brigade. I'm just getting into wakesurfing but want to make sure that I'm getting the right board. If you could help justify your reasons that would help. Thanks.
Old    hyperlite_m            06-28-2006, 12:38 PM Reply   
im 5'6" 108 and i love my broadcast... and i have a friend thats 5'10" 180 and my broadcast is too small for him to free ride... so the bigger board easier to ride... hyperlite over LF any day!
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-28-2006, 3:44 PM Reply   
i think for beginners the LF boards are better, the blunt nose really helps keep you from nose diving the board. my friend is about 6' 200lbs and he got the broadcast 5'6" and had a lot of trouble. so he switched the the LF 5' and was doing much better and actually was able to surf.

i'm 5'9" 130lbs and i learned to ride on the LF 4'6" and it was a great board, my wife rides it now. i now ride a phase 5 prop
Old     (tomcalabria)      Join Date: Feb 2006       06-28-2006, 7:10 PM Reply   
Forget both boards and get a Shred Stixx! You will outgrow both of these boards quickly. Get something that you will have more fun with down the road.
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-28-2006, 8:08 PM Reply   
I ride a Broadcast 5.6 and a Trick Boardz Mojo XL. I weigh around 220, both boards are big enough for me, not sure why entrust's friend had trouble.

For my riding I found the Broadcast easy to learn on. I still ride the Broadcast a little, but after riding the Mojo for a while I find the Broadcast to be slower and clumsy. With the Mojo I can use much more of the wake than on the Broadcast.

(Message edited by Bigshow on June 28, 2006)
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-29-2006, 6:45 AM Reply   
I have the 4'9" broadcast. I am about 185, and I love it. However, the fins that it comes with...are ridiculous, so you may have to get some smaller ones to even break loose.
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-29-2006, 6:58 AM Reply   
I have the 4'9" broadcast. I am about 185, and I love it. However, the fins that it comes with...are ridiculous, so you may have to get some smaller ones to even break loose.
Old     (tazbike)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-29-2006, 4:07 PM Reply   
Thanks for the input so far, to add more I've heard that broadcast nose break easily, anyone had experience?
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       06-29-2006, 8:06 PM Reply   
Ya the nose on my 5.6 is a little bruised but OK.