Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Bam6961)      Join Date: Apr 2011       04-05-2012, 2:59 PM Reply   
Just wanted to share this, can't seem to find a embed code so here is the website. Its bit old but haven't seen it on WW.

http://www.iwake.com/Blog/Post/AarnRathyFeb
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-05-2012, 3:08 PM Reply   
this guy just absolutely kills it
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       04-05-2012, 3:48 PM Reply   
I like how Rathy's latest videos have been featuring a healthy dose of cable riding. I know there are a lot of boat guys out there who kill it on the cable but don't show off that part of their skillset much. Harley Clifford comes to mind. When I saw him ride cable in Oakley's summer video, I was like, "Damn, give me more of that!"
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-05-2012, 4:05 PM Reply   
Hebrew, I don't think they show off that part of their riding because cableboarding is a completely different sport and is no way whatsoever related to wakeboarding. Apples --> Oranges. Furthermore, one does not want to be misconstrued as a cablewakeboarder when their identity clearly identifies them as a wakeboarder, and vice versa. I mean can you imagine the confusion a viewer would have if they were forced to watch two entirely different sports? It would be like watching a roller derby/croquet video, the differences are simply too vast. Personally I am continually flabbergasted that cable riders are even able to stand up behind the boat, wake riding is such a different sport and clearly superior.

That being said, Rathy is clearly a revolutionary, or bi-polar.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       04-05-2012, 4:25 PM Reply   
This has to be the best shot since my puter decided to buffer. This kid is unreal...
Name:  Rathy.jpg
Views: 1233
Size:  29.1 KB
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       04-05-2012, 5:50 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephan View Post
Hebrew, I don't think they show off that part of their riding because cableboarding is a completely different sport and is no way whatsoever related to wakeboarding. Apples --> Oranges. Furthermore, one does not want to be misconstrued as a cablewakeboarder when their identity clearly identifies them as a wakeboarder, and vice versa. I mean can you imagine the confusion a viewer would have if they were forced to watch two entirely different sports? It would be like watching a roller derby/croquet video, the differences are simply too vast. Personally I am continually flabbergasted that cable riders are even able to stand up behind the boat, wake riding is such a different sport and clearly superior.

That being said, Rathy is clearly a revolutionary, or bi-polar.
**** your sarcasm. Why are you being such a dick? I'm not hating on anyone or taking sides on this childish "boat vs. cable" debate that you seem to be satirizing. Check yourself!
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            04-05-2012, 7:55 PM Reply   
Haha here we go again with the whole boat vs cable crap.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-05-2012, 8:11 PM Reply   
Simmer down there friend. You posed a rhetorical question, I gave an answer, admittedly dripping with sarcasm. I fail to see how I was being a dick, just as much as I fail to see where I implied that you personally are taking any sort of sides. I saw your post as an avenue to voice my (fairly obvious) opinion on the boat v. cable avenue in a humorous manner. Sorry you took it personally.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       04-05-2012, 10:24 PM Reply   
Fair enough, but I never posed a question.
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       04-06-2012, 2:20 AM Reply   
Prototype Byerly park board? (1st video)

Nice to see someone actually doing nose & tail presses that are as real as they are on a snowboard in my opinion. No doubt in my mind that if someone did a comparison on that, wake would turn up legit. Also, seems exempt of getting on the wakezeach site. Nice to see Rathy.

Last edited by juniorhawk; 04-06-2012 at 2:23 AM.
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-06-2012, 5:09 AM Reply   
Love how he is doing osmosis tricks in all his new vids. Those osmosis tricks are just sooooo nasty.
Old     (Bam6961)      Join Date: Apr 2011       04-07-2012, 11:26 AM Reply   
i don't think its a proto type, to me it looks like the blunt with a different graphic. but it might be who knows... in two other pic/vid he had a board that two complete different graphics on both sides, so it seems scott's letting him do some custom stuff. for instance his double flip off the kicker vid.

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-10-2012, 8:21 AM Reply   
Great ad for MC
Old     (ryoder)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-10-2012, 11:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
04-06-2012 1:20 AM
juniorhawk Prototype Byerly park board? (1st video)
after watching the video a few weeks ago i asked him if it was some type of hybrid prototype and he told me it was just a blunt without the graphic.