Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (zo1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-05-2010, 6:28 AM Reply   
OK, I am not sure what was the worst thing about this game...

1) That the game was boring as sin
2) That the teams with the worst uniforms this side of Oregon were on the same field
3) That they kept showing the Boise State Band Dancers... yikes...
4) That the TCU chant is the most annoying thing since the stupid FSU chop

(Message edited by zo1 on January 05, 2010)
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-05-2010, 6:39 AM Reply   
Cowbell girl was my favorite part of the game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c-AwL8WtaI&feature=player_embedded
Old     (zo1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-05-2010, 6:40 AM Reply   
Bahahaha... After seeing the Band Dancers I intentionally skipped the halftime. That is great though.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-05-2010, 6:40 AM Reply   
hmmm, but those Boise State Dancers were pretty hot

Upload
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-05-2010, 7:56 AM Reply   
This was not the way I hoped this would end. I love TCU (I was a heartbeat away from going there, still concidering transfering). The Idaho dancers and band was quite possibly the worst part of the game. They should of just stayed on those beautiful TCU girls.... They were top notch.

I mean seriously, as if the quality wasn't bad enough, those uniforms did not help their cause.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       01-05-2010, 8:00 AM Reply   
At least you got to watch it! Cable went out all over town. I was pissed!!!! I did get to see the TCU cheerleaders though. Nice.
Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-05-2010, 8:35 AM Reply   
Blind cowbell player and all, they proved they are far better than anyone ever gave them credit for. I loved seeing them beat up TCU. It was the only bowl game I watched where both teams showed up and played hard. The better team won.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-05-2010, 8:46 AM Reply   
and they win another fiesta bowl with a trick play as well. gotta love a coach with a pair of brass ones!
Old     (lfadam)      Join Date: Nov 2008       01-05-2010, 9:23 AM Reply   
I enjoyed watching it. You guys didnt like the uniforms?! I loved them. Unique. I cant stand Alabama's or Notre Dame's (especially the helmets). Then again, this is coming from a VT student...

I agree with everything said about BSU and TCU's girls.
Old     (notsobueno)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-05-2010, 10:14 AM Reply   
If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.
Old     (sixx352)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-05-2010, 11:14 AM Reply   
Not Many Teams Have gone 14-0! and are always the under dog! Props for that!!! We will just see what people say with BSU's next years schedule now and remember they are only losing 5 seniors. If they make it to the Rose Bowl next year WOW watch out because all of Idaho will be THERE!!! GOOD JOB BRONCOS Keep it up! By the way I liked how they kept there composure at the end by saying they don't think they are number one! Very Classy!!! BRONCO NATION
Old     (mike_gilbert)      Join Date: Sep 2004       01-05-2010, 11:40 AM Reply   
Most bcs teams could compile a 14-0 record playing the wac, some of bsu's powerhouse OOC opponents this year included, the mighty uc davis aggies and the hurricane of tulsa. TCU was only the 2nd ranked team they played all year, in comparisson bama has already played 6 ranked teams. The only bad thing about the fiesta bowl was the fact that they didnt match them up against real bcs teams so they would have gotten smoked and ended this bsu woe is me pity party once and for all.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-05-2010, 11:44 AM Reply   
I'm pretty confident in say that if Boise played any other BCS team they would of been beaten. You can say all you want that they beat Oregon, but Oregon became a different team after the Boise game, that is very apparent.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-05-2010, 12:14 PM Reply   
Congrats to Boise State. No excuses about conference or schedule from me. I think they are a solid football team and would have a shot against any team in the BCS.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       01-05-2010, 12:18 PM Reply   
"The only bad thing about the fiesta bowl was the fact that they didnt match them up against real bcs teams so they would have gotten smoked and ended this bsu woe is me pity party once and for all."

this is what everyone was saying a few years back leading into the OU game. what happened then? gimme a break. they are a solid football team that no ranked teams want to play in their out of conference schedules.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-05-2010, 12:34 PM Reply   
One of the NFL announcers Sunday was commenting on the NFL teams sitting people and getting "cold" being false because college teams go through a much longer waiting period. I disagree, and think most of these bowl teams come out cold, and last night was just that. These teams especially thrive off momentum and ridicule all season, and then had to wait and watch all these other teams play. I think they'd have as good a shot as any to take on the powerhouses
Old     (zo1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-05-2010, 12:36 PM Reply   
Sorry, I was not trying to open a thread about the quaility of the team that plays on the worst field in the history of man.

More so to rant about Fox always showing the dancers and that bile taste in the back of my mouth each time they did...

Edit: Man, I sound like a crabby SOB today.

(Message edited by zo1 on January 05, 2010)
Old     (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       01-05-2010, 1:12 PM Reply   
another great point for a playoff A-dub. Let them take that undefeated momentum into a playoff starting in early december instead of sitting for a month.
Old     (baldboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-05-2010, 5:27 PM Reply   
The BCS didn't have TCU and Boise State play BCS teams because they did not want to get embarassed. TCU's defense was as good as advertised only allowing a great Boise State offense to 10 points. Boise State does not have the depth that many BCS schools have, but once their front line starters were healthy again (especially on defense), they are as good as anyone on both sides of the ball. Boise State beating Oregon was not a fluke at the beginning of the season. They would have beaten Oregon again last night and possibly anyone in the country. Too bad we couldn't find out for sure because the BCS didn't have the guts to let that happen. They didn't want to let Florida, Cincinnati, Texas, or Alabama to suffer the same fate that Alabama did last year when they were thumped by Utah.
Old     (dcdave56)      Join Date: Jun 2008       01-06-2010, 10:02 AM Reply   
I'm glad that everyone else noticed that Boise State has the worst band I've ever seen at the college level. WOW.
Old     (stroh)      Join Date: Apr 2008       01-07-2010, 6:08 AM Reply   
Strib,

I'm not real sure on the process but doesn't the bowl get to pick the teams playing? Example Rose Bowl has to offer the top Big 10 team and top PAC 10 team before anyone else. So that took Ohio State and Oregon. Then isn't it sort of like school yard pick 'em? I think the Fiesta Bowl took TCU first and when their pick came back around Boise was still on the table so they couldn't pass them up. Anyone else know for sure?
Old     (mike_gilbert)      Join Date: Sep 2004       01-07-2010, 10:56 AM Reply   
"They would have beaten Oregon again last night and possibly anyone in the country"

What about boise state's play in the fiesta leads you to believe that?? They scored one td off a fake punt and the other off a pick 6, and barely beat the mwc champ. Save your boise state fairytales for the window lickers on the short bus.
Old     (mastercraft1995)      Join Date: Nov 2002       01-07-2010, 11:09 AM Reply   
BSU is a GREAT one game team. This year they played 2 good football teams one in week one and one at the end of the year. I like BSU but they would be a middle of the road team in all of the BSC Conferences.

The Orange bowl picked before the Fiesta. I think it goes in a rotation every year if the teams aren't locked in like the Rose Bowl. The Rose bowl can pick if one of the teams that should go is playing in the Championship game.
Old     (stroh)      Join Date: Apr 2008       01-07-2010, 11:46 AM Reply   
"Save your boise state fairytales for the window lickers on the short bus."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-07-2010, 11:56 AM Reply   
I don't know if you guys remember, but I saw Boise State almost go down to Lousiana Tech and Tulsa. If a regular BCS team did that, they would be axed in conference. Their trick plays would also not work after about week 4.
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       01-07-2010, 11:57 AM Reply   
Upload
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       01-07-2010, 12:04 PM Reply   
Ha! Took me a minute to catch that.

By the way, is it just me or if you see that somebody is from Compton don't they already have a ton of street cred in your book?

"Straight out of Compton..."
Old     (dlamont)      Join Date: Apr 2003       01-07-2010, 2:11 PM Reply   
Fox is terrible. It's the TNT of football. Can we just have every important game on ABC/ESPN.
Old     (baldboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-07-2010, 6:54 PM Reply   
By not letting Boise State and TCU play BCS teams, the BCS got the reaction they wanted from you BCS Conference supporters. They have you brainwashed to think that they couldn't have beaten other BCS conference champions. The Sugar Bowl could have easily picked TCU and had plenty of fans would have attended the game from Fort Worth. Both teams played incredible defense against very good offenses in the Fiesta Bowl. I'm really tired of hearing the argument from people saying that non-BCS teams can't compete, then watching top BCS conference teams schedule bottom feeder non-BCS teams and division 1AA teams in their non-conference games. It is obvious to me and should be obvious to you that the objective of the BCS conferences is to control the money, not compete with non-BCS schools, and to keep non-BCS schools down. Again, the BCS Conferences do not want to compete with non-BCS Conferences for big money bowl games. Sounds kind of like OPEC, doesn't it?
Old     (stroh)      Join Date: Apr 2008       01-08-2010, 7:37 AM Reply   
I'm not brainwashed on anything. I think they can compete with alot of teams and I also think Florida would have blown their doors off. Why handcuff the Sugar Bowl? They have the right to select what teams they wanted. The obviously felt that Cincy/Florida would have been a bigger draw.
Old     (baldboarder)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-08-2010, 9:24 PM Reply   
Brandon, I guess we'll never know because they did not let Florida play Boise or TCU? I heard the same comments last year before the Alabama-Utah game. I agree with you about handcuffing the Sugar Bowl. Why not have no automatic bids? Let each team compete for the major bowls on their own merit. Why should a conference champion not ranked in the top 15 get an automatic bid while another conference champion in the top 10 get overlooked because of so called BCS affiliation? In the past before there were congressional hearings and threats of lawsuits, a 5th ranked team was overlooked for a 17th ranked team. Again, it's all about controlling the money.