Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old                09-28-2004, 11:36 AM Reply   
I need some help with this 3. I tried it for the first time Sunday and got all the way around, but I am not able to put the handle back in my lead hand. I land with my lead foot forward, but slide out due to the handle still in my lead hand. Any suggestions????
Thanks
Jared
Old                09-28-2004, 2:44 PM Reply   
can you do wrapped bs 180s? also how can the handle still be in your lead hand when the back handle is on the handle after you let go of the small handle on a wrapped bs 3?
Old                09-29-2004, 8:30 AM Reply   
Edward,
I was going to try a BS wrapped 180, but it turned into a 3 so I kept trying 3's. Also correction to my first post: My back hand is on the handle and I can't get it passed to my front hand on the landing. Once I land I have my back hand on the handle looking at the shore, but land crossed up.
Sorry for the typo.
Old                09-29-2004, 12:20 PM Reply   
ok. try to get your front hand back on the handle after the rotation to keep your balance on the landing. also can you do wrapped hs bs 3s? if not you might want to learn those first to get the bs spin and then just worry about the landing on the ts bs 3.
Old                09-29-2004, 12:32 PM Reply   
Edward,
I was trying to get my lead hand back on the handle before the landing, but everything was so quick. I have never tried a wrapped hs bs 3. I will try that this weekend. I fugured learning something wrapped would be easier due to the initial handle pass... I have tried hs fs 3's and always went off axis. So I put that trick on the back burner for a little while. I will take your advise and see what happens.
Thanks
Old                10-03-2004, 7:09 PM Reply   
i was the only one of our crew that learned handle pass before wrapped because i didn't really think much of the whole wrapped thing. hs 3s are kind of arkward for me to get the rotation and axis right but the landing is much easier. i learned the ts 3 first so if you have a solid ts 180 then you may want to try that. my dad was the only one that learned hs wrapped bs 3s before fs wrapped actually he still can't do the fs wrapped 3s because he can't ride into the wake good wrapped fs. everything is quick at first but wrapped hs bs 3s can be ridden away with your back hand only on the handle alot easier than landing ts with your trailing hand on the handle so you may want to try to learn those first
Old                10-07-2004, 6:12 PM Reply   
Try and throw the trick on the way down. These instructions pretty much goes for all wrapped tricks --Wrap up, progressive edge, pop, then WAIT!!!! With wrapped tricks, you have to set your axis before you start to spin. What I mean by this is think about the angle of your board to the water when you first take off. The tip is higher then the tail, right? If you realease the wrap handle at that point you will rotate off axis. But if you wait until you are at the peak of your jump, you level off. At this point release the wrap hand and you will rotate on axis. If you need to pass the handle to finsish the spin, ie, on a ts bs 3, pas it immediately after you let go of the wrao handle. Get the handle, then spot your landing as the rope unwinds ya!! I hope that helps, I am writing an English Comp paper so I am not thinking clearly.