Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 09, 2008

Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-19-2008, 7:49 PM Reply   
How do you adhere Gator Grip to your boat? I just got mine and thought it would come with a sticky backing yet it doesn't. So what are you guy's using? Thanks!
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-19-2008, 8:39 PM Reply   
I am pretty sure it all comes with an adhesive backing. If not, I would contact Wakejunky.com and see what they have to say.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-20-2008, 12:16 AM Reply   
Hate,

I've used the gator grip and it has adhesive backing. Maybe you got a bad batch or something. There should be a white film you peel off the back.
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-20-2008, 5:49 AM Reply   
yep^^
Old     (wakejunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-20-2008, 6:20 AM Reply   
If you bought it from me, it has sticking backing. The paper backing pulls off to reveal the sticking backing.

Chris
Get the Grip you Deserve
www.wakejunky.com
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-20-2008, 7:42 AM Reply   
No issues with mine, it works great.

Wake, you need to bring back the blue/black so I can buy another sheet to do my swim platform
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-20-2008, 10:23 AM Reply   
I did buy it from Wakejunky but when I pull the backing off the adhesive comes with it. Is there a trick I'm missing? I'm usually not a total idiot.
Old     (regalado1)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-20-2008, 11:14 AM Reply   
Try starting in the middle of the pad instead of the ends or corners. Just a thought.

I didn't have any issues with mine. Love it.
Old     (maxx_wake)      Join Date: Sep 2003       03-20-2008, 11:22 AM Reply   
I think you need to seperate the backing and only pull off the top layer. The adhesive is in between the two backing layers and not directly attached to the foam if that makes any sense. I got some yesterday and I noticed the same thing. I didnt have a lot of time to look at it but what I described above is how it looked like it was supposed to work to me.
Old     (epic_peachland)      Join Date: Oct 2006       03-20-2008, 12:54 PM Reply   
Since I dont want to start a separate thread I have a question

I want the white/gray since it matches my interior almost perfectly...my only worry is does this stuff get dirty and or stained...if so I will just go with black.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-20-2008, 12:56 PM Reply   
I think you right Chris. It just concerns me that it pulls away from the grip so easily. The last think I want is for the GG to pull away from my transom and leave that lovely adhesive behind. At least I'm getting a lot of good reviews here from fellow users, that helps the confidence level in the product a little.
Old     (wakejunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-20-2008, 1:09 PM Reply   
You will need to make that first cut. If you try to pull the backing off before the first cut, you have a mechanical advantage over the sticking backing staying on the Gator Grip. I think that once you make that first cut, the sticking backing will stay behind like it's supposed to.

Hope this helps,

Chris
www.wakejunky.com

P.S. I don't have any control over the colors. I too wish I could bring back a couple of colors as well as include a few.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       03-20-2008, 2:10 PM Reply   
Thanks Chris I'll be giving it a run tomorrow and I'll let you know how it turns out.
Old     (batman)      Join Date: Nov 2001       03-20-2008, 7:22 PM Reply   
I had a similar problem and used a little contact cement and it's been there ever since. Great stuff! I have used plenty!Upload
Old     (wakechallenged)      Join Date: Oct 2004       03-23-2008, 10:33 AM Reply   
Shane, I have the Grey/White on my platform as well as the slippery parts of my trailer. You'd think that it would start to look dirty but it doesn't. I've never even cleaned mine. Get the color you really want is my two cents.
Old     (uofamox)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-23-2008, 3:16 PM Reply   
Guys I am tired on taking care of my teak platform and had several people take nasty spills last year. My question to all of you is should I go with the grey/white or blue/white? Upload
Upload
Old     (bill_sloan)      Join Date: Nov 2007       03-23-2008, 3:22 PM Reply   
Nice ballast.
Old     (regalado1)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-23-2008, 8:05 PM Reply   
Black Linex. And I agree, nice ballast.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-23-2008, 10:57 PM Reply   
Mox I wouldn't do Line-x you don't want to mess up all them pretty soft feet you have there on your boat on every picture you post .
Old     (bkoz)      Join Date: Dec 2005       03-27-2008, 9:33 AM Reply   
MOX, did you decide yet? I was in the same boat as you not knowing how the blue would look so Chris was nice enough to send me a sample. The blue looked good but in certain lighting it kinda looked purple. The grey/white looked great and I decided to go that route as I have grey in my upholstery and my bimini is grey. Oh heres a pic of my boat, dont know how close are color is but mabye it'll help.

Upload
Old     (uofamox)      Join Date: Feb 2007       03-28-2008, 2:42 PM Reply   
Bryon,
Thanks for the input. I will contact them to see if I can get a sample. I am also leaning towards the white/grey.