Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-07-2010, 3:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
I don't know how your team will perform,
Just past half and its 38-0.... 9ers still have a shot!
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       11-07-2010, 3:33 PM Reply   
Go Hawks
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-07-2010, 6:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
Go Hawks
You're silnging smack at my Boys when your Titans got it handed to them by a team we beat a couple weeks ago. What's that say about almighty Titans????
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       11-08-2010, 6:49 AM Reply   
I don't really think we have had it "handed to us" in any game.

Our three losses are a combined 22 points, in which we had a legit chance in the 4th quarter to win any of those three games.
Your four losses are a combined 98 points, and pretty much all four losses were classified as blowouts.

So our average margin of loss is approx. 7.3 points
Seahawks average margin of loss is approx. is 24.5 points

Titans beat Giants 29-10, in NY, week 3, which coincidentally is the same team the Seahawks lost to, at home, 41-7, yesterday.
Titans beat Raiders 38-13, week 1, which coincidentally is the same team the Seahawks lost to 33-3. last week.

So...GO HAWKS!!!!!
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       11-08-2010, 6:50 AM Reply   
Not to mention, that the Titans have a current 12 game winning streak against the NFC.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-08-2010, 12:33 PM Reply   
Bla bla stats blah blah history blah blah blah blah.

Your Titans loooooooooooooost to the Chargers.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       11-08-2010, 1:48 PM Reply   
Your Hawks looooooooooost to the Giants.
Your Hawks looooooooooost to the Raiders.

{actually, lost isn't a good verb, I should have said "were massacred", "they were stomped", "Seattle Central High School took the field instead of the Hawks", etc.}
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-08-2010, 1:53 PM Reply   
The Hawks were just bent over in front of the nation.... few weeks in a row now.... but hey, least they're not the cowboys.
Old     (dlamont)      Join Date: Apr 2003       11-09-2010, 11:07 AM Reply   
it's so great that we can score a total of 10 points in the last two weeks and still be tied for 1st in the NFC West! Go Hawks! Looks like we could have a late season show down between the Rams and Hawks for the division! Just like the good old days!
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-09-2010, 11:52 AM Reply   
The Hawks are hanging on by a thread. They have basically no margin for error when they are healthy and right now they are one of the most banged up teams in the NFL. I believe 2 or 3 of their starting OL are out, 2 or 3 of their starting Dline are out and Hasselbeck is hurt. That is not a good recipe for winning.

They still have a decent shot at winning the conference though if they can get some of those guys back.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       11-09-2010, 1:04 PM Reply   
I hate to burst your bubble, but you're not really tied for first since the Rams beat the Seachickens head-to-head and that would give them the tiebreaker...but whatever works for you!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       11-09-2010, 1:05 PM Reply   
^^^^Look at me...a smack-talkin' Rams fan. Who would have thunk it!!
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-09-2010, 1:11 PM Reply   
My Chiefs are going to beat both the sea-chickens and the rams this year and I'll have the ultimate bragging rights. Need to take care of the Donkeys first though.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       11-09-2010, 1:26 PM Reply   
talking smack is much more fun when you are 7-1 instead of 1-7.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-12-2010, 8:57 AM Reply   
It's that time of week again... time to make my pics.

Seattle beats the Cards. We've got Matt and Okung back so it's looking a little brighter for my Hawks.

I'm taking the Niners over the Rams at home. San Fran is due and the Rams would be the perfect team for them to beat.
Old     (misteve)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-12-2010, 7:08 PM Reply   
The last 2 Hawks game have been atrocious...

BUT, if you told me at the beginning of the year we'd be 4-4 and tied for the division lead half way through the season I'd take it!
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-14-2010, 5:49 PM Reply   
Seattle stomps Arizona.

San Fran takes the Rams down.

Jeremy's Titans get it handed to them again.

Perfect day in the NFL.
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       11-14-2010, 6:38 PM Reply   
What happened with the Chiefs. They where winning by playing smart taking care of the ball and clock.

Today not so much.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       11-14-2010, 8:35 PM Reply   
A good Rams fan knows to get his smack talk into the very small window they provide! Hopefully, they'll open it again later this season!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-15-2010, 6:21 AM Reply   
looks like the STEELERS played a winning team againthey got dominated as usual i see a trend developing here.play a winning team and LOSE! how is that for some SMACK!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-15-2010, 11:13 AM Reply   
Tom Brady just blew up last night....

9ers! Has the Troy Smith era started?!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-15-2010, 11:57 AM Reply   
looks like troy is the best qb for the 49ers. just a shame they didn't find out sooner.now they can use crabtree and gore more balanced.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       11-15-2010, 3:47 PM Reply   
"Jeremy's Titans get it handed to them again."

That was our last loss of the regular season.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-16-2010, 7:29 AM Reply   
washington was giving away early christmas presents. 59 points and 592 yards vick got his early and often.the g-men looked more like g-strings caught in a mighty tight butt crack,they lost BIG at home. and the pitiful squealers lost BIG at the hands of pretty boy brady. ahhhhh what a week. the NFL you gotta love it!
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-16-2010, 10:43 AM Reply   
I love the fact that all those Vick ney sayers are eating ish.

He'll be passed his physical prime... ya right.

He'll never leed a winning team again... ok...

Fans won't embrace him... sure you bet.

I'm just waiting for the slick sappy pr redemtion piece thats bound to be coming from the NFL now that he's doing so well.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       11-16-2010, 10:49 AM Reply   
^Aren't those the same guys that sing the praises of Favre?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-16-2010, 11:09 AM Reply   
jeremy aren't you glad WASHINGTON is coming to town?now that the flood gates are open just think what johnson and moss will do.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       11-16-2010, 2:36 PM Reply   
I hope, but you know the Redskins are going to come in pissed off. But a victory against Washington would mean that Tennessee would be 4-0 against the NFC East this season.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       11-16-2010, 4:55 PM Reply   
I still think Vick is a dbag who should be tied up and beaten like the dogs he beat to death. I honestly did not think he would be the same QB if he ever made it back. but most people in our society have short memories and are more impressed by his highlight reels than his very recent past. most people forget this was the same deusch who tried to sneak weed onto a plane in a waterbottle as well as the other stuff. screw him.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-17-2010, 7:26 AM Reply   
if you tie up vick and beat him like a dog does that make you feel better? does that make you a better man than him? i don't think so, but you can sure cheer when he gets blindsided and squished like a pancake! because thats just FOOTBALL. I THINK I WANT TO GET ME SOME QB SANDWICH! GO DEFENSE.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-19-2010, 8:07 AM Reply   
This week is gonna be tough.

I want my Hawks to win soooo bad but the Saints at home... I'll be praying for them.

Looking at the rest of the West's matchups ,at least if we lose we'll still hang onto 1st place in our division.

Rams go down to Atlanta.

Niners go down to Tampa.

Cards go down to KC.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-22-2010, 6:45 AM Reply   
Nailed my pics... sure. Man it hurt to watch my Boys get into the red zone over and over and not be able to put up sevens. Matt looked awesome too bad our defense looked like swiss cheese.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-22-2010, 6:57 AM Reply   
Cliff, you ready to get taken down by the Chiefs next week?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-22-2010, 10:12 AM Reply   
sorry about the meltdown in tennessee jeremy. you were right it looked like washington was pissed off.i was sad to see seymore get ejected for punching big ben in the mouth,but i'm sure alot of women out there enjoyed it.how about 38 year old john kitna on a 21 yard bootleg td? peyton threw his chance at winning away. favre didn,t even stand a chance,but thats okay childress is gone so maybe the vikings will start playing now.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-22-2010, 10:30 AM Reply   
Your Chiefs are going to get whooped this weekend!

Jeremy's boys have lost three in a row now. Gotta be rough talking smack when your boys are on a downward spiral. Maybe they can beat the celler dwelers this weekend. If not it's gonna be a shameful trip to the basement of their division.
Old    Chris            11-22-2010, 10:55 AM Reply   
Ummmmm....go Broncos?
Old     (benbuchholz)      Join Date: Oct 2009       11-22-2010, 11:01 AM Reply   
Childress is gone, favre to go. Maybe then they can get back to playing some football. Yesterday against the packers was embarrassing. I'm glad it happened, it got childress booted. And just reinforced my opinion that favre is better off just quitting
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       11-22-2010, 2:05 PM Reply   
We just can't stay healthy at QB. VY has to be bi-polar. Plus there are rumors circulating that Coach Fisher is one of Jerry Jone's targets for head coach, as if we need any further distractions.

Defense was just terrible at stopping McNabb driving up and down the field. And our only TD was a special teams play. We need our 3rd stringer to play his ass off until Collins gets healthy or VY gets his mind right.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       11-22-2010, 2:07 PM Reply   
Not to mention, that I got to see absolutely zero plays (I had to listen to it on the radio) due to the game being blacked out in my area (which is a good two hours from Nashville).
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       11-22-2010, 3:35 PM Reply   
VY needs to learn a few things about being a pro athlete. he needs to learn that he is NOT a superstar in this league. they should just cut ties with him now, and go after someone else on the market. anyone that is going to run out of the locker room during a post game meeting, and then "apologize" via twitter has no business being a QB in the NFL.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-23-2010, 6:24 AM Reply   
san diego super chargers had some horse meat last night.as far as VY goes you don't want him if he's not a team player.talk about mis matches for thanksgiving patriots at detroit, saints at cowboys and jets at bengals.i hope they are closer games than i think they will be.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-23-2010, 8:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwb4me View Post
san diego super chargers had some horse meat last night.as far as VY goes you don't want him if he's not a team player.talk about mis matches for thanksgiving patriots at detroit, saints at cowboys and jets at bengals.i hope they are closer games than i think they will be.
I'm picking Dallas to beat the Saints. Dallas at home on Tday with two wins in a row is hard to bet against. It's as close to the Superbowl as they're gonna get this year and they'll play like it. The other games are no brainers.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       11-24-2010, 4:17 PM Reply   
real man VY is. sends an apology via a text message? what a p***y. man up and admit your a deusch in person you overpaid baby.
I dont think the cowboys are going to top the saints tomorrow. sadly, I think their little run is going to end on turkey day.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       11-25-2010, 8:43 AM Reply   
^It's hard for me not to like VY. We were having my brother a bday party a couple of years ago at a hotel here in Chattanooga, and VY shows up and starts shooting pool. We had a few drinks, so some of us start talking to him and he was very cool about it and even allowed us to take some pics. Plus, he is a giant. I just don't like his behavior of late. And I agree, he needs man up and apologize to Coach Fisher face to face.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       11-25-2010, 8:44 AM Reply   
Saints over the Cowboys in a tight game.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-26-2010, 10:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Saints over the Cowboys in a tight game.
I just knew they were toast after that last turnover. Drew ran his team right down the field and put up seven in no time. Too bad the field goal didn't tie it up for ot. I have to admit that was one of the best T-day games I've seen in a long time.

This weeks pics.

Hawks take KC at home. We're getting healthier on the D side and our offense is ready to explode if we can put up sevens instead of threes in the red.

Rams lose at Denver. I have a feeling this one is gonna be real close though.

Cards beat San Fran at home.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-26-2010, 10:09 AM Reply   
the lions gave up. the cowboys started slow gained momentum the found a way to lose and the bengals know how to lose. hope this weekend brings some exciting games!
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-28-2010, 5:17 PM Reply   
Ouch Cliff, that must hurt.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-28-2010, 6:00 PM Reply   
We had a chance to capitalize on our lead in the division... nope. Rams are back on top

We couldn't have stopped a pee wee team today. Gotta strong feeling it's gonna come down to the last game of the year against St Louis.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-29-2010, 6:46 AM Reply   
da rams are on top. the steelers got VERY LUCKY on a johnson dropped td pass in ot to squeak by the bills. [they are a tough team you know] the colts got zapped by the chargers.the eagles got mauled by the bears. the falcons eeked one out on the packers. minnesota got their new coach a win.dolphins bounced back.the giants won too.so what do we know now ? not much more than we did in week one. this is a crazy year.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-29-2010, 8:12 AM Reply   
So when a team from the NFC west (hopefully the 9ers) make the playoffs with a losing record.... I would guess the vegas odds will be just nuts.... I'm putting money down, because 100 to 1 is going to be hard to turn down
Old     (Meert)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-29-2010, 8:27 AM Reply   
Nick- 60-1 on the Rams and Hawks. 100-1 on the 9ers, and 500-1 on Cards today. Why wait.
On the Bills, I think Balt, Chicago, and New Eng all had issues with them, but they are net very good teams either, right?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-29-2010, 8:52 AM Reply   
i just love it when i press the right buttons!
Old     (Meert)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-29-2010, 9:14 AM Reply   
I'm going to miss you after Football season Robert. What other sports can we talk smack about after Jan?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-29-2010, 9:20 AM Reply   
i like nascar and motorcycle racing supercross,ama,world superbike and moto gp.i can talk smack about anything. i don't have to know much about it , just how to talk smack.i don't take anything personal i just have fun pushing buttons.
Old     (Meert)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-29-2010, 10:43 AM Reply   
No Joke, seeing as you are a cowboys fan you would have killed yourself already.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-29-2010, 10:59 AM Reply   
i like the cowboys because most fans hate the cowboys. even when they are losing people still hate them. why?i don't know. but when you are a cowboys fan and you talk smack to a steelers fan you always get a reaction. do you know what i mean? i would say so i've gotten plenty of reactions this year. despite the fact the cowboys have sucked people still love to hate on them.it's okay like i said before i don't take it personal.some fans do ,but i've been a cowboys fan for 43 years so i've seen good and bad.the good news is they have a big sale on jerseys now so i can stock up for next year. oh yes i'm still proudly wearing my jerseys this year.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-29-2010, 12:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
i've been a cowboys fan for 43 years
Jesus you're old
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-29-2010, 12:15 PM Reply   
probably older than your dad, but you wouldn't want to challange me to a push up contest or possibly the 40 yard dash. i've embarassed many a young buck.just because your old doesn't mean your dead.
Old     (Meert)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-29-2010, 5:44 PM Reply   
Seymore has to be pissed he got fined the same 25k for a limp slap then Finnegan and Johnson got 25k for a all out brawl.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-29-2010, 7:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
you wouldn't want to challange me to a push up contest or possibly the 40 yard dash.
Bah ha.

Unhook the oxygen tank and I'm game....
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       11-30-2010, 2:58 AM Reply   
"Seymore has to be pissed he got fined the same 25k for a limp slap then Finnegan and Johnson got 25k for a all out brawl."

I honestly don't see how Finnegan received the same punishment as Johnson. Johnson punched Finnegan 3 times without his helmet on, not only that, Johnson was the one that first pulled off Finnegan's helmet. It will be interesting to see if there is any left over drama when the two teams meet again in a few weeks.

Great picks this week Cliff.
Old     (Meert)      Join Date: Mar 2010       11-30-2010, 7:39 AM Reply   
I don't see how Finnegan is not banned for a few games. In an interview a while back he says his goal was to be the NFL's dirtiest player, then just prior to the fight he yells to the Texans sideline "watch this". That guy is a joke!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-30-2010, 9:11 AM Reply   
nick thanks for reminding me about the oxygen . i'll bring an extra tank so me and your girlfriend can go scuba diving after i smoke you.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-30-2010, 10:12 AM Reply   
Quote:
"Seymore has to be pissed he got fined the same 25k for a limp slap then Finnegan and Johnson got 25k for a all out brawl."

I honestly don't see how Finnegan received the same punishment as Johnson. Johnson punched Finnegan 3 times without his helmet on, not only that, Johnson was the one that first pulled off Finnegan's helmet. It will be interesting to see if there is any left over drama when the two teams meet again in a few weeks.

Great picks this week Cliff.
I'm doing alright this year. You're probably just a little agitated that your team is in the cellar after losing it's fourth game in a row. Especially after you proclaimed they wouldn't lose another regular season game a few weeks ago.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       11-30-2010, 3:00 PM Reply   
Gore is done, 9ers may just be done too.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       11-30-2010, 3:58 PM Reply   
mark my words[because i'll probably be wrong again]SAN DIEGO VS JETS IN CHAMPIONSHIP game for AFC . SAN DIEGO WINS! in the NFC ATLANTA vs CHICAGO and ATLANTA WINS! THEN SAN DIEGO WINS SUPERBOWL. if it happens you heard it here first. LET THE NAYSAYERS HAVE THEIR SAY NOW.
Old     (Meert)      Join Date: Mar 2010       12-02-2010, 8:49 AM Reply   
Robert, knowing your hate for the Steelers I figure you would be the best person to ask you thought on the fines the NFL has slapped James Harrison with?
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-03-2010, 7:18 AM Reply   
This weeks pics.

Hawks win easily against Carolina - There SAS better!

St Louis loses at Arizona

San Fran goes down to Green Bay
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-03-2010, 8:40 AM Reply   
I've got my 9ers v. Packer tickets and am ready to go.

Going with an old roomie who is a DIE HARD Packer fan, so being in full 9ers gear out to be a treat.

Gold football pants from goodwill - $3.50
Vernon Davis Jersey - $75
Legit 49ers helmet - free from my dad
60's 49ers Jacket all goooooold - free from my dad
Starting a riot at Lambeau field - priceless

I just hope it isn't as big of a blowout as it probably will be
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-03-2010, 9:26 AM Reply   
Hey Nick, i'll be at that game too. Taking a bus up from Oconomowoc with a bunch of college buddies. There will be about 40 of us tailgating before and after the game. I'll keep an eye out for you.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-03-2010, 10:08 AM Reply   
meert i can't believe you think i hate the STEELERS. i'm just not as impressed with them as you are. As for james harrison and his alledged illegal hits, i would say some at best were within the NEW guidelines as illegal. but most were good solid hits where the target realigned itself for whatever reason. i have respect for his play . even the 99 or 100 yard interception return in the super bowl. i would bet kurt warner has nightmares about that still.so to sum it up i don't hate the STEELERS, but i like to pick on their fans. i think james harrison isn't getting a fair shake on the fines. i have NO respect for worthlessberger.hope that clears things up.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-05-2010, 7:06 PM Reply   
looks like big ben got a broken nose at 1st round mark.can he go the distance?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-05-2010, 7:17 PM Reply   
lets see jags beat titans [can you say second half meltdown] browns upset dolphins[they are done]bears squeak by lions on bs call [unecessary roughness]vikings look better with jackson [maybe favre is done].chiefs keep winning.giants DOMINATE redskins.RAIDERS beat up the chargers in san diego.their first loss in december in a long time. i must have jinxed them.falcons struggle but win in the end at tampa ,so they can win on the road.rams over cards they keep winning.COWBOYS upset COLTS.peyton picked 4 times by the cowboys who never get a pick. twice by rookie sean lee . 2 were returned for tds.so far in 3rd quarter steelers are LOSING. ben has a broken nose and women all over are CHEERING.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-05-2010, 8:18 PM Reply   
Where were you sitting Ian?
I was surprised how much all the GB fans loved me.... given I was dressed like a total chode... sooooo much free food and booze tailgating so people could get a picture with me... it was great
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-05-2010, 8:21 PM Reply   
Here was our seats/general area. I might make it to the Bears game yet this year - if I can handle the cold
Attached Images

Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-05-2010, 8:39 PM Reply   
steelers win in a close one with defense
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       12-06-2010, 8:31 AM Reply   
Hawks win after waking up in the second half.

Friggen Cards fell against the Rams.

Niners never had a chance.

Oh... I almost forgot Jeremy's Titans lose number five in a row. I'm guessin it's probably gonna be another quiet week for him.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-06-2010, 8:46 AM Reply   
CLIFF the niners were in it in the first half they just couldn't finish. i don't think the TITANS were ever in it. you could hear a pin drop in tennessee.oh that was with kerry collins and don't blame him for all those dropped balls[you catch with your hands not try and get the rebound off your shoulder pads]
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       12-06-2010, 10:14 AM Reply   
The packers v 9ers game was great for 9ers in the first half.... their Defense was just solid, but there was a "free play" offsides that ended up with Jennings score like a 50 yrd TD... but I heard a whistle, think the D did too, but the play went on and they score.... iffy.

If Gore was there it would have been VERY VERY close... the wind was just killing Troy Smith