Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 08, 2008

Old     (ndavis03)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-27-2008, 2:00 PM Reply   
So I took the new Malibu VTX out for the real time over the Memorial Day holiday. We went to Don Pedro and the weather was absolutely horrible. It rained intermittently from Friday till Monday morning, so I kept the boat cover on while the boat was moored. I woke up Sunday and checked the boat out, and sure enough there were rocks laying on my cover. When I took the cover off, I checked the boat out for any signs of rock dings, but didn't find anything. However, when wiping down the boat after putting it back on the trailer on Monday, I noticed a small gash on the back of the boat, near the grab rail.

Sorry for the long rant, but who in the hell would really throw rocks at a boat in the water? Of all the places to throw rocks, why MY BOAT?

Also, does anyone have any advice on how to fix/cover the small rock ding? I was thinking about covering it with a Malibu emblem or decal, but can't find one that would seem to fit right in that location-it is right above the rubrail, but below the grab rail. Are there any products I could use to fill the gash?
Old     (rvh3)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-27-2008, 2:05 PM Reply   
Sorry to hear that Nick. I'm a big believer in Karma, and who-ever did that has something coming. On a side note, were there mussel inspections at Don Pedro? I'm houseboating there on the 9th of June.
Old     (h20jnky)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-27-2008, 2:16 PM Reply   
man... some people's kids.. lame.
Old     (ndavis03)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-27-2008, 2:34 PM Reply   
Rod-no boat inspections while I was there. Enjoy your trip, and I hope you get better weather than we did. Also, if you see any kids throwing rocks at boats, make sure to tell them something for me...lol
Old     (sbt3)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-27-2008, 5:26 PM Reply   
I was parked at a restaurant one night and there were some kids throwing rocks into the water near my boat. One almost hit it and I let them have it. I usually am pretty calm but that pissed me off.
Old     (rvh3)      Join Date: Jul 2003       05-28-2008, 6:19 AM Reply   
Thanks Nick,
I'll watch for the little hoodlums.
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-28-2008, 7:42 AM Reply   
Nick, We were at Pedro this weekend as well.. it was crazy to see how many boats were just sitting in the campsites and never touched the water.. we went out riding on sat and said F it.. we actually got really good water and barely anyone was out.. just figured wed make the best of it..

Sorry to hear about the rock dings on your boat..
Old     (ndavis03)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-28-2008, 8:09 AM Reply   
Isaac-we rode on Saturday as well, and got some really good water. It was raining pretty lightly the entire time, but we were trying to make the best of it too. It was my first time taking a real set behind the boat, so I sure didn't mind.
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-28-2008, 8:29 AM Reply   
Nick, reminds me of the time i went to lake sonoma a year ago. Kids throwing rocks and I asked nicely for them to stop and there parents just didn't care. Then after dealing with over25 people on one campsite. getting the ranger and they still didn't do much the people payed for the camp site to just use it for the day and 30 of there family members. They used a rope I had sitting there so I could tie a raft I had for there fish bucket. After there kids just continued to throw rocks I decided to just go out with some of my friends and cruise the water until they left. Now if you know lake sonoma you know that it is boat in only. It took them over 6 trips back and forth to get here entire family back to the dock. When we went to cruise the lake one of the parents said to there kid " tell them we didn't touch your boat foo" People don't care because they don't pay for it. Sucks you didn't see who did it.
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-28-2008, 8:30 AM Reply   
Oh yea and they took my rope with there fish bucket.
Old     (super_air)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-29-2008, 9:23 PM Reply   
Nick- I am sure it won't be the last one you are going to get, you probably got more underneath driving back to Salinas , so I would just get over it and don't let it make you want to stay home.

The newer Malibu I'm sure is your baby compared to the Sangair but trust me it won't be the last so don't let it get to you, shiizz happens.
Old     (ndavis03)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-30-2008, 8:21 AM Reply   
I hear you Ceasar, it is just beyond frustrating that this was my first real outing with the boat. I hope it is not a sign of things to come. It won't keep me off the lake, as I think we will be at Naci this weekend. Are you gonna be there? BTW, your stereo and alternator setup sure looks sweet.
Old     (super_air)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-30-2008, 4:06 PM Reply   
I know how it is man but if you want to stay in a cove by yourself so nothing happens to your boat then you won't be having to much fun.

Yes I am heading to the lake tomorrow after my sons baseball game, I will be out on the water in the late afternoon , look for me.