Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 12, 2006

Old     (dreambig)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-11-2006, 1:51 PM Reply   
Whats up everyone here one wakeworld. This is my first post (im extremely nervous like a first time radio caller, can you tell?) Anyways im pretty new to the delta i just bought a 2002 X-30 around a month an a half ago my wife, couple of friends and kids have been hitting it hard ( by hard i mean our faces on the water. I totally have the scorpian down) twice a week since then. Im looking for some different spots then the ones we've been hitting lately (primarily Holland Cut late in the day or past disco bay under the Hwy 4 Bridge down that way) Can you guys give me an idea of what sloughs are the best? The last time out were both pretty close to landing W2W im pretty sure i just need to stop being a puss hold my edge longer and keep the handle by my hip. Anyways some other cool spots would be appreciated
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-11-2006, 2:03 PM Reply   
Welcome, G

The favorite riding spots are Victoria's which starts up by Union point. Our you can go past the Hwy 4 bridge and hang a left when you get to homes on the right hand side. If you end up at Rivers end, you went too far.

Also, Grant Line whch starts at Rivers End.

Careful though if you like to wake surf. It is forbidden by law on both of these sloughs. The sheriff will arrest you and take your boat forever, and issue you and everyone in your family HUGE fines. Even if they weren't with you.

Good luck!
Old     (dreambig)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-11-2006, 2:35 PM Reply   
Thanks bra,
I've seen The CIE boat out a couple times next time i'll wave you done so we can watch you rip it
Old    wakeupz            07-11-2006, 2:59 PM Reply   
"Careful though if you like to wake surf. It is forbidden by law on both of these sloughs. The sheriff will arrest you and take your boat forever, and issue you and everyone in your family HUGE fines. Even if they weren't with you. "

That's BS.

The Sheriff won't do a thing except call the FBI (wakesurfing is a federal crime in those spots) who will then arrest and issue fines.
Old     (wakeman21)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-11-2006, 3:15 PM Reply   
dayum why is wake surfing such a big crime?
Old    wakeupz            07-11-2006, 3:23 PM Reply   
It's a complicated issue that revolves around dihydrogen monoxide abuse.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-11-2006, 3:25 PM Reply   
Because it F@#$^s up the water for every other watersport, even just casual boating.

You can get 15 wakeboarders riding Vics at the same time.....one just 2 damn wakesurfers.

Nothing against the sport, just where it's done.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-11-2006, 3:26 PM Reply   
It's perfectly legal at the lakes I might add.
Old     (mbrown)      Join Date: May 2005       07-11-2006, 5:32 PM Reply   
J-rod for Prez!!!

(and don't forget the huge fines for tubing in those areas as well!)
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-11-2006, 9:19 PM Reply   
Yeah J rod, that and fat chicks on jetskis doing powerturns