Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (clearywd)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-10-2010, 7:51 PM Reply   
I am getting close to pulling the trigger on a new 2010 Supra 21V. I've ridden MC, Malibu and my Epic. I've ridden in the Supra but never ridden behind one. The wake looks great with the factory ballast. Does anyone have any positive or negative feedback? The new MC's and Malibus are fricking expensive as hell. The new Supra sure in't cheap but I do like the screen and the fit & finish. Any help would be appreciated.
Old     (rbeckei)      Join Date: May 2007       03-11-2010, 6:39 AM Reply   
What's wrong with your Epic?
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-11-2010, 6:53 AM Reply   
I just ordered an 10' 21V. I have had a few 21V's in the past and they are definitely a great boat or I would not be doing it again. They made some very minor adjustments to the hull in 09', but is pretty much the same proven hull that has been around for years. They produce a sweet wake and will be steeper than the Malibu and MC wake in my opinion, but I suppose it depends on how you weight it and what you like. The positives for me that made me pick Supra again was.
-The amount of options you get for the price (upgrade trailer, VISION (looks awesome), Z5,, etc, etc)
-The ballast configurability (so easy to swap bags for different sizes and have all the weight plumbed with a good quick fill pumps)
-Overall fit and finish

And as with anything else my local dealer AWS and brand loyalty to Skiers Choice played a big part in my decision.

Mine actually sprays today I think. Should see it out on the west coast around the first of April I would guess.

Good luck and let me know if you have any questions.
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-11-2010, 7:29 AM Reply   
Everyone that I have talked to with a 21V has nothing but great things to say about it, I have a 22V ('08) and it has been a great boat. Might want to consider logging onto the Supra Chat Room to ask some 21V owners there thoughts.

http://www.supraboats.com/bbs/
Old     (ajf4242)      Join Date: Aug 2008       03-11-2010, 7:38 AM Reply   
Bill, I have the 22 foot Supra and it's a 2008. The stock wake is really good and the boat overall is nice. Some of the things I don't like though is the screwed in walkdeck when you open up the right side sunpad, it should be bolted down not screwed. . . don't know if they changed that. I also don't like how the boat is kindy touchy from side to wake wise, it's kind of hard to keep both side with a nice lip, the opposite side you're riding on will foam. I also don't like carpet underneath the seats, it could be like a foam or something because if you don't clean the carpet and put ropes and lines and anchors down it can stain it really easily. One thing I really do like that "as far as I know" doesn't do it and Supra doesn't do it anymore is the rail on the swimplatform. Makes getting on the platform a heck of a lot easier and is really practical. Compared to Malibu, Mastercraft, and Nautique you're going to be saving some money and get a good quality boat still. After riding behind an Axis though this weekend, for the money and the options you can get on that boat and it beng bigger than the 21v, it's deffinently in consideration for my next purchase. Honestly though, i'm happy with my boat I get a lot of compliments and it's fun to ride behind.n
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-11-2010, 7:44 AM Reply   
Andrew,
The 22 is a little more finicky than the 21 for sure on the side to side weight. I used to carry a 50lb bag of lead in the boat and move it to the side that needed more weight when I was rolling a 22. You also will find that speeding up or adding more weight to the front will help, but overall you are correct.
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-11-2010, 1:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajf4242 View Post
Bill, I have the 22 foot Supra and it's a 2008. The stock wake is really good and the boat overall is nice. Some of the things I don't like though is the screwed in walkdeck when you open up the right side sunpad, it should be bolted down not screwed. . . don't know if they changed that. I also don't like how the boat is kindy touchy from side to wake wise, it's kind of hard to keep both side with a nice lip, the opposite side you're riding on will foam. I also don't like carpet underneath the seats, it could be like a foam or something because if you don't clean the carpet and put ropes and lines and anchors down it can stain it really easily. One thing I really do like that "as far as I know" doesn't do it and Supra doesn't do it anymore is the rail on the swimplatform. Makes getting on the platform a heck of a lot easier and is really practical. Compared to Malibu, Mastercraft, and Nautique you're going to be saving some money and get a good quality boat still. After riding behind an Axis though this weekend, for the money and the options you can get on that boat and it beng bigger than the 21v, it's deffinently in consideration for my next purchase. Honestly though, i'm happy with my boat I get a lot of compliments and it's fun to ride behind.n
The dealer will warranty the screws and replace them with locking nuts/bolt combo. I had this same issue, it is much better now with the locking nuts. Wake has always been solid on my 22V, dont have much problems with washing out, and I ride at 22 MPH. I am not a shredder, intermediate on my best day, maybe if I was more advanced I would be concerned about the wake more, seems more than most can handle who ride behind my boat. I did upgrade to the 750 rear bags, maybe this helps? Most boats with a 100" beam are going to be pretty solid and stable, but different weight combo's might change the outcome.

Last edited by fman; 03-11-2010 at 1:50 PM.
Old     (clearywd)      Join Date: Dec 2006       03-11-2010, 7:32 PM Reply   
Hey Guys, Thank you for all of the great advice and information. Your help exceeded my expectations and I am grateful. I love the Epic. I'm actually ready for a 21' boat. I went to a boat show and got interested in the Supra. I took it for a test drive and was really impressed with the passenger ride in the bow. It was significantly more comfortble than my Epic. I love the Epic wake surf wake. It is really great even with two people in the boat. I'll miss that about the boat. I also thought that the Supra offered a great wake with factory ballast. My Epic drinks gas and the ballasts don't fill on the fly. I am able to purchase a new boat and feel that now is the time before baby number two comes along. I'd buy another Epic some day but want to try something new. Who doesn't appreciate some variety? Thanks again!
Old     (tre)      Join Date: Jul 2002 Location: WI       03-12-2010, 8:11 AM Reply   
21V is a great boat with a great wake. It is not any cheaper then a Malibu though. When I boat shopped recently, I found Malibu and Supra MSRP to be the same. The out the door price was near the same as well. Supra has raised their prices so much that they are no longer a lower priced option.