Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 21, 2008

Old     (glasshouse)      Join Date: May 2007       02-05-2008, 4:51 PM Reply   
I just finished the last of my projects for a while... The end of summer i upgraded the stock system a little, added 2 crossfire 6x9's and a kicker 10" cvt. All in custom vinyl wrapped fiberglass enclosures. Switched out the prop for a 19 pitch 4 blade. Added some ballast in the ski compartment and finally today added an insanity pylon. I think I'm just about ready for spring! Any one else been adding anything exciting?

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-05-2008, 6:48 PM Reply   
why didn't you add a tower instead of the pylon. looks nice.
Old     (glasshouse)      Join Date: May 2007       02-05-2008, 7:06 PM Reply   
I didn't want to chance any stress cracks and I was told that the tower would effect the resale value, especially in my area. Plus for $300 I thought it was a pretty good deal, and no drilling involved.
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-05-2008, 8:09 PM Reply   
Seems like it would have added to the value.

My list includes:
- added an MP3/Ipod input & 12v outlet in the glovebox.
- moved the stereo remote to the passenger side.
- Adding 2008 Malibu transom LEDs under the swim platform.
- Linex the swim platform. Then Traxx the top.
- Diamond plate the top of the trailer fenders.
- Adding a bow sack under the bow seats. Plumbing it into the mid-ship pump & existing overflow.
- installing a Globe run dry impeller.
- Adding a couple of directional LEDs & a disco ball. Should wind things up for those evening booze cruises.
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-05-2008, 9:58 PM Reply   
whats the Globe run dry impeller?
Old     (2007_x2)      Join Date: May 2007       02-05-2008, 10:54 PM Reply   
Bill do u have any pics of the LED's and disco ball? thats awesome.
Old    nwwakerider            02-05-2008, 11:57 PM Reply   
Matt- You are correct! A tower does effect the resale value. It increases it.
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       02-06-2008, 1:30 AM Reply   
I love the IO. IO love here. :-)
Old     (glasshouse)      Join Date: May 2007       02-06-2008, 5:04 AM Reply   
It might increase it in an area where wakeboarding is king, but here in ohio, tubing, skiing and pantooning rules. Sure i could have put a 800 dollar tower on that just about everyone tower company carries, but they dont look like the sturdiest towers in the world. So say I spend 1500 on a decent tower, I'm not going to get that 1500 dollars back, it might only make my boat sell a little quicker if at all. Thats just my opinion.
Old     (kmcginty)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-06-2008, 6:38 AM Reply   
Is that a Malibu vette or a regular one?
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-06-2008, 7:38 AM Reply   
Looks pretty nice Matthew.
Old     (sanddragon2004)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-06-2008, 8:28 AM Reply   
mATT, I i have sold dozens of ski boats and put towers on them to try to increase the value of them, in my experience, it increases the value very little I would say that if you put a 1500$ tower on it, your not likely to recoup that investment just because it has a tower on it. You may recoup some but dont expect to get the total investment back out at the time of sale.

It will interest more wakeboarders but say your boats going rate is 6000, if you put a 1500$ tower that will not likely increase the value 1500 to 7500$ i would say at best a small increase. besides the fact that once its used not many folks will pay the premium for a used item.
Old     (sanddragon2004)      Join Date: Jul 2005       02-06-2008, 8:29 AM Reply   
I would say this:

having a tower on a boat is one of the best ways to increase your useable space on a boat, especially a smaller boat where space is a premium, once u load up coolers, and all your bros 4-5 wakeboards cluttered sure makes the boat seem cramped.
Old     (illini88)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-06-2008, 8:40 AM Reply   
Not sure you can really go wrong when he only paid $300 and drilled no holes.
Old     (fatsac)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-06-2008, 8:54 AM Reply   
WTF cares if he decided on a pylon or tower? Congrats on the upgrades. If it works for you, it doesn't matter what others think. Seeing finished winter projects means spring is on the way. Can't wait!
Old     (bill_airjunky)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-06-2008, 9:06 AM Reply   
I'll second what Andy said...... having a tower makes a huge difference in the usability of the boat. But if your not planning on keeping the boat, it might be too much.

Nate: The Globe impellers have a guarantee that you can run the engine dry for up to 15 minutes. I will usually start my boat for a few seconds to blow the exhaust & mufflers out so they don't freeze in the early spring or late fall. The Johnsons have worked for a year or more in the past. Just thought I'd check this one out. Google "Globe impeller" for more info.

Mike: No pics of the LEDs or disco ball on my own boat....... yet. We took a trip out to Banks Lake (central WA state) last year with some friends who have a 23' LSV. He had the disco ball but no LEDs. It wasn't out while we were riding but was a riot during the booze cruise at night. The LEDs should just make the effect even crazier. I picked up the 8" one for like $10 on Ebay.

Upload
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       02-06-2008, 9:16 AM Reply   
Matt - looks good. good use of the gunnels.

Bill -you may have a party machine on your hands. I'm gonna have to bite on the disco ball. cool concept on the impeller.

fatsac - fo sho