Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2006

Old     (darinmg)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-22-2006, 7:02 PM Reply   
I am looking at a Supra SSV with about 250 hours. Asking price is about 28K, and the boat is in excelent condition, with almost every option. Is this a good price? Also, I do not have any experience with a playpen front area. What are the pros/cons of this seating style? The back seat on this boat flips over converting to a rear facing seat. Does anyone have any comments on this? It sounds like a really nice option.

Thanks,

Darin
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-22-2006, 7:19 PM Reply   
I think the Supra playpen / front storage setup is one of the most functional designs on the market. More seating area, and huge storage / ballast room underneath.

I've had several friends with stadium seating options on their boats, and we almost never use it. It seems like a good idea, but IMO it's more hassle to set up than it's worth, and kinda gets in the way of walking around the boat when it is set up.
Old     (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-22-2006, 9:14 PM Reply   
Here's a pic of some kids enjoying the playpen seating in a 2004 Supra. Highly recommended!!

Upload
Old     (mujibur)      Join Date: May 2002       08-22-2006, 9:35 PM Reply   
3rd the playpen - love it. Only reason i stay with supra. 28K sounds about right, there is one locally here with 300 hours 2002 MY for 34K - for reference it looked pretty loaded though.

Muji
Old     (jhgsupra)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-23-2006, 4:59 AM Reply   
You're in the ballpark for price assuming its been taken good care of. The play-pen is an excellent set-up. I also agree with the previous stadium seating comment. We seldom use ours plus its a hassle to move around the boat when its set up. The normal seating arrangement works fine with plenty of room to move. Enjoy!
Old     (dcooper)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-23-2006, 10:19 AM Reply   
I have a 2001 Santera and wish it had the playpen bow. Next time for sure. Like the picture show, great place for a bunch of kids to hang.
Old     (darinmg)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-23-2006, 10:37 AM Reply   
Is 28K for this boat worth traveling 1300miles for(one way). It is almost the perfect boat for us, but I wish it was closer. I have not seen any of these boats for sale on the west coast. There are not many of these for sale in the whole US. That is why I am contemplating the drive. He said he would take the cost of our travel off the price of the boat.
Any opinions??

Darin
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-23-2006, 11:03 AM Reply   
Do it.

I had a 2001 SSV and loved it. I sold mine back in January for $28K.
It had about 230 hours on it and had Perfect pass, 3 bag aballast , Tower Racks, $2K stereo, Cover Bimini , the boat ran perfect and looked great. 1300 is a long way but will be worth it.

Esp if the guy is going to pay you for travel. That is a no brainer.
Old     (ridininmd)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-23-2006, 8:42 PM Reply   
The playpen bow is sweet. I set up the stadium seating once in the driveway just to see how it worked. It made the interior pretty cramped though so I've never used it. The flip up seat backs do get alot of use though. Price seems pretty good depending on options, and condition.
Old     (dansmith)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-24-2006, 8:05 AM Reply   
I have an '02 SSV and my kids love the playpen bow. I'm thinking of selling it and upgrading to the new '07 22SSV in the fall. I'm toying with $32 - 34K, it has 260 hours, is in beautiful condition (stored indoors year-round) and it loaded w/ upgraded ballast.
Also, the wake is one of the best wakes out there for the $$ (so I've heard).
Where are you driving from? I'm in VA, maybe you would want to buy an '02? :-)
http://users.adelphia.net/~dan.michelle/TheBoat/index.html
Old     (darinmg)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-24-2006, 5:30 PM Reply   
I am coming from SoCal. Nice boat, but out of my price range. Thanks for the suggestion.

Darin
Old     (dansmith)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-25-2006, 3:18 AM Reply   
I was somewhat joking as I haven't really decided if I'm going to sell or not. First I need to ride behind the '07, and that won't happen until late Fall. I included my 'asking' price just to give you something to compare against (01 vs. 02). $28K sounds about right from what I've seen on the internet.
I can tell you that I've had this boat for 3 years and it has been a blast. No real problems to speak of, except a minor loose wire here or a belt replacement there. Other people I see with the same boat on the lake seem to say the same thing.
The bench seat pulling forward & converting into a rear-facing seat is a cool option, although I don't use it as much. It makes getting around the boat with > 4 people difficult.