Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Video and Photography

Old                07-28-2005, 12:36 PM Reply   
OK, I live in Hawaii and I love my music. However, my boat gets stored outside (covered) and my tower is exposed. I understand that I can buy speaker covers, but here it rains a lot. I will need speakers that can handle the salt air and some rain. Any suggestions?
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-12-2006, 10:11 PM Reply   
I would look at a custom box with phl pro audio drivers out of france..very high quality and designed for salt water abuse..
Old     (mrm2083)      Join Date: Nov 2005       10-13-2006, 4:41 PM Reply   
I use my boat in salt water. The mastercraft ones are probably the best as the JL speakers are the best marine. I would also look at the monster ones with the polk speakers.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       10-13-2006, 6:07 PM Reply   
wetsounds are rated for marine use, I believe they passed the salt spray testing
Old     (clubmyke)      Join Date: Aug 2004       10-13-2006, 7:41 PM Reply   
here is the website for phl audio...these are high end pro audio drivers that have marine in mind... they are reasonabley priced, high power, and high efficency...they have hcld's, drivers, and coaxial drivers...

the only drawback is limited distribution and irregular bolt pattern..

imo there is no better driver made for boat audio

http://www.phlaudio.com/main.html

Every PHL AUDIO loudspeaker is provided with :

a UV and humidity proof mechanical basis (over 200 hours of salt fog withstanding)

a patented heat extracting device called INTERCOOLER SYSTEMŽ which improves the power handling capacity by over 20% and drastically reduces thermal compression, allowing a 3"voice coil to handle as much power as a conventional 4"one

a flux demodulation ring magnet system which divides by 3 the harmonic distortion in the low frequency domain and reduces the inductance modulation by 50%, leading to dynamic and stable sound quality

a fully impregnated and treated mobile assembled set that ensures accurate and clear sound even at full sound pressure level - no acoustical clipping, no sonic fading with humidity or at cold or hot temperatures even after long duration storage

an industrial manufacturing process under full quality control to guarantee consistency to initial sample parameters and long life reliability at an exceptionally low failure rate.

a 3 year warranty period according to general warranty conditions