Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (larry6)      Join Date: Oct 2002       08-13-2004, 9:12 PM Reply   
For those of you interested I emailed Ray Tsuneyoshi with regards to the ticketing and the possibility of being cited for wake surfing in CA lakes.
This was his response.

Larry,

Thank you for your concern. I assume the reason for your email to me was regarding the Assembly bill by Paul Koretz that deals with Carbon Monoxide poison prevention. You must have read an old article about this issue because our department along with boating organizations and industry have been working with the author of the bill and his staff to make sure it does not penalize an activity for which we can find no measurable instances of injury or fatality linked to carbon monoxide. We actually even consulted with the CDC (Center for Disease Control) who researched incidents that even remotely suggested that Carbon Monoxide poisoning was involved. We were unable to find any incidents where wake surfers or wake boarders suffered from this deadly gas.

As a result, we were able to convince the author to remove the sections that would have affected this type of activity.

Thank you again for your concern

Ray Tsuneyoshi

I then asked him if we can get this in writing in the event we are harrased by the local sherifs and this was the link that he sent me for the bill that excludes wake surfing.
When you click on the link you will have to search for the bill in question it is AB 2222
This should give you good information if you care to veiw it.

Surf on.... L8tr!

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/bilinfo.html