Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (trainwreck)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-16-2007, 7:02 PM Reply   
Speaking of 07s here boys.

Which is a better choice and why?

Would you go with the Z Rack ($1650 option) or just a regular bimini and get a surf board rack.

I ask because I'm working a deal to swap my 06 in on a 22SSV but thinking about sticking with a 21V because I like mine pretty good. Lets not get into the reasons here. :-)
Old     (supra24ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-16-2007, 7:08 PM Reply   
cargo rack is very nice and helps resale
22 you will love it
Old     (trainwreck)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-16-2007, 7:12 PM Reply   
Thank you, do you have the Z Rack?

I kind of like being able to put the bimini up in the evenings or at night when we are surfing so I'm not sure I want to go with the Z rack.

I forgot to add if the snap on cover was a good or bad idea. I have been told you can tow with it, only time I would is if it started raining I'd pull over snap it on and take it off after the shower. I know the snaps could come off and ding the gel.
Old     (trainwreck)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-16-2007, 8:01 PM Reply   
I did some more searching and have answered most of my questions.

The main things that remain are go with the Z5 and snap cover or lose them in lieu of the 340 HP and a custom bottom coat? (talking about what the dealer has in stock)
Old     (calaman)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-16-2007, 8:55 PM Reply   
im going to get my 21v fitted with a z in the off season. I like the 21v, it will hold 13 and still fit in the garage. wake is awesome, steep but its a great boat.
Old     (chikara22)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-16-2007, 8:56 PM Reply   
I have the snap on cover on my '06 21V and have towed the boat covered for 10 hours without any snaps breaking (you just have to be careful when you unsnap the cover under normal conditions as this IS what breaks the snaps).

I have plenty of power with the 325hp engine and wish that the Z5 was an option when my boat was built.

Hope that helps.
Old     (trainwreck)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-17-2007, 7:56 AM Reply   
Thanks for responding.

I have an 06 21V right now, also running the 325HP engine and have been happy with it. I just wonder what it will be like pushing 23 feet of boat vs the 21'6 that its pushing now. I'm getting the upgraded prop again on the 22SSV I think that makes all the difference.
Old     (senna1)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-17-2007, 8:32 AM Reply   
You also get the catalytic converter on the 340HP version which may or may not be important to you.

I went with the Rankin cover because I didn't want all the snaps along the boat. It tows fine but I usually don't use it.
Old     (ryan27r)      Join Date: Oct 2006       08-17-2007, 12:01 PM Reply   
i would get a
w/ Cargo Rack
w/ 340 HP motor (Preferably the 450)
w/ snap cover (Works very well keeping the boat dry I would not TOW with it though.)
Old     (hyperlite30601)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-17-2007, 5:52 PM Reply   
The Z Rack is a nice option but it gives lower head clearance than the regular bimini. Just a thought to keep in mind if you or anyone that is going to be with you all the time is taller. I am 6'3" and it was too small for me to walk under without hitting my head.
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-17-2007, 5:59 PM Reply   
I tow with my snap cover and it does fine.
Old     (trainwreck)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-17-2007, 6:17 PM Reply   
I went and looked again today. Crawled in every hole, bounced around, looked some more, sat, moved, walked around. I can't make my mind up on color now. LOL

I am 6'2 and the Z rack is cool, I fit under it about the same as the other bimini. If I decide I dont like it I can always sell it. I like it for the sheer fact that I can put the damn surf boards somewhere!