Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through April 17, 2007

Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-01-2007, 4:47 PM Reply   
Well, the spring break trip to Fl and OWC went off without a hitch...for the most part. Since I like reading these threads, I figured I would post some shots and stuff from the trip.

The trip was about 18 hours from KC to Orlando
Upload

Here was our fuel for the trip: 48 cans of Monster (gone by the end)
Upload

Leaving MO, figured we should snap a shot of the only really cool thing in Missouri.
Upload

After a day of being near-zombies at the cable, Ted (dreevs) took us out on his Malibu, along with the rest of his WW crew. We didn't have the camera going for most of the day, but we did snap a few shots of Ryan King killing it
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

The end of the day was spent at a local bar/grill, where we got to see all sorts of interesting people. I was the big tourist, and ordered some gator. Tastes like...deep fat fried...something?
Upload

Ted and crew hanging out on his boat, from the Gator-Joe's dock
Upload

The rest of the week we spent at the cable, falling off sliders and getting in the way of locals. Most of the shots are on the funbox because it was really easy to take pictures of.

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Yes, I grabbed my board coming off a rail...I had the hangtime, it just felt...right?
Upload
Upload

And...the best part of Orlando.
Upload

So, thats it (out of the 600+ pictures we took). A big thanks to Ted and crew for hooking us up with a ride, we all appreciate you giving up a ton of riding time to let us take some sets, however rusty they were.
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-01-2007, 4:54 PM Reply   
Oops, forgot a couple good ones...Here is a shot of the crew at the lake (thanks Ted!).
Upload
From left to right: Ryan K (one of the usual crew), myself, Justin, and Eric

And...another shot that I took of the cable, and the best Turkey sandwich ever.
Upload
Old     (wakegenie)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-01-2007, 5:06 PM Reply   
I hate reading these threads because they make me want to take a trip so I cam start my own thread!!... Well I would want to take a trip anyway if the op came up
looked like it was fun, congrats
Old    mendo247            04-01-2007, 5:08 PM Reply   
looks like fun! i like readin these threards also.. so i have to ask, do the locals get any attitude when cable rookies come out??
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-01-2007, 5:09 PM Reply   
Sounds like you guys had a great time, thanks for posting the pic.s. When I got back a couple of weeks ago (it was snowing) I was depressed for a week.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       04-01-2007, 5:27 PM Reply   
Great pics guys.

What's the deal with that place,it always looks blown out?
Old     (wakedad33)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-01-2007, 5:49 PM Reply   
Big Ed, it's from all the riders going around in a circle and landing off kickers sending rollers in all directions, it dosen't mess you up to bad for rail riding.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-01-2007, 5:52 PM Reply   
Ed,
I have been there a few times and the wind does blow there quite hard. Everytime I went it was blown out. Maybe I just had bad luck, but it is what it is.
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-01-2007, 5:57 PM Reply   
Yeah, the chop was pretty bad. I ended up running into one of the local guys who said that there used to be some tires in the middle to break up the chop, but I have no idea where those went.

As far as the local riders, they seemed to be very cool. No one was rude or anything about our lack of skill, but we also tried not to take any marathon runs and piss people off. The operators and shop crew were all cool. Actually, one of the days we got some advice on the best (see: least "shady") local club from the girl running the pro shop, I didn't realize till the next day (when I saw her ride...) that is was Heather Johnson. She kills it.

We also ran into Pat Panakos, Amber Wing, and George Daniels while we were there. Pat gave me some great advice on how to get the nose press down (I tried...see above pics).

(Message edited by garret_s on April 01, 2007)
Old     (seansmitty42)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-02-2007, 12:41 PM Reply   
omg i cant wait till the cable is open in oklahoma. nice pics fellas
Old     (jwr)      Join Date: Jan 2006       04-02-2007, 1:17 PM Reply   
I just wanted to throw in a few more pictures after seeing that sad attempt at a nose press, to try and salvage any dignity I have left.
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Old     (seansmitty42)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-02-2007, 2:06 PM Reply   
lol the little grom is badass
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-02-2007, 3:51 PM Reply   
that little dude was killin it, pretty awesome.
Old     (cawakeboarder12)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-02-2007, 4:23 PM Reply   
sweet trip
Old     (wakepaula)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-02-2007, 4:44 PM Reply   
Thanks for posting those. Looks like you guys had a great time:-)
I'm jealous
Old    xtremebordgurl            04-02-2007, 5:20 PM Reply   
Sweeeeet pics looks like a really good time. Nothing like a good road trip, that's for sure. Thatnx for sharing the stoke! Now I can't wait for summer!
Old     (matt_ostmeyer)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-03-2007, 1:56 PM Reply   
Yeah getting a little steez on that press...
So Garret, who threw the 1080 off the kicker out there?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-03-2007, 1:58 PM Reply   
matt, GET BACK TO WORK! haha!

when are you goin' to lf?
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-03-2007, 2:55 PM Reply   
Matt,

I think it was Adam Fields who threw a toe 9 while we were there (don't quote me), but no 1080s. Maybe next time I go I'll give it a shot...pfffff

Joe,

you need to move your cube closer to matt and keep an eye on him, make sure he actually gets something done out there... : )
Old     (matt_ostmeyer)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-04-2007, 12:13 AM Reply   
Joe - Red Handed! I'll talk to you in the morning! haha!

Garret - shut your mouth!
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-04-2007, 5:28 AM Reply   
Glad I could be your host, we all had a great time on Sunday. You guys are welcome back anytime. Those pics at OWC are pretty cool - as close as I live to that place, I've only been once.
Old     (devilshaircut29)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-04-2007, 9:53 AM Reply   
I think I've been to that bar/grill once, which is really weird because I've only been to Florida a few times.
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-04-2007, 11:31 AM Reply   
Its a place you dont easily forget.
Old     (hyperlite1622)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-05-2007, 9:19 AM Reply   
hey nice thread im super jealous i live in stl and we cant start rding yet how mcuh did the whole trip cost?
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-05-2007, 9:48 AM Reply   
hyp,

The trip was pretty inexpensive because one of my friends owned a timeshare, so the hotel was $100 for the whole week per person.

OWC pass was $185, food/beer was around $100, and gas to get there was about $80 bucks a person, minus some random expenses.

so...around $460 - $500 for a week.

Matt: You would definitely remember that place, it was actually pretty crazy...but a lot of fun

Ted, if you ever roll through KC, hit me up, I'll give you a pull!