Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 18, 2009

Old     (canecorso)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-10-2009, 7:34 AM Reply   
ok, I have a orion hcca 15" sub, thinking about putting it in the boat however not sure about it and need some advice.
1) where to put it? I really dont want to put it into a storage space. Any ideas from people that have installed one. Under the steering wheel?
2)Is a 15 too much? Should I just down grade to a 12"
3)the sub I have is rated for 2000w, with a 2" excursion its sweet. However not sure on the low bass in the open boat. Also will the fiberglass rattle like hell if I install it into it?

FYI:The boat currently has factory speakers with a 10" sub, and two tower speakers, all JL audio.
Old     (wakecumberland)      Join Date: Oct 2007       03-10-2009, 8:16 AM Reply   
You are going to have a really hard time finding a place to mount a 15 without sacrificing some good storage space. Anything over a 10" will be tough in the X2 if you don't want to give up significant storage.

I am mounting a 10 behind the driver seat. I think thats the best alternative.
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-10-2009, 9:32 AM Reply   
I'd go with a couple 10s
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       03-10-2009, 12:11 PM Reply   
15's sound great in a boat IMO. If you can find the space, go for it.
Old     (thesack)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-10-2009, 12:30 PM Reply   
If no one on here can help you, take your boat down to your local stereo shop (make sure that they do work on boats) and see what they say.

And i agree if you can get the 15 to fit, i would go that route. It will sound the best overall.
Old     (adouglas)      Join Date: Nov 2007       03-10-2009, 1:18 PM Reply   
I have this enclosure for sale if you are interested. I am not sure what the layout of a 2008 X2 is but it fit great behind the driver’s seat of a 2003 SAN 210. It is pretty heavy so shipping might be somewhat expensive as I am located in Sacramento. Let me know if you would like more pictures. I am willing come down in price from my original post as this is collecting dust in my garage, so make an offer if interested...

http://www.planetnautique.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=12773

(Message edited by adouglas on March 10, 2009)
Old     (burbanized)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-10-2009, 1:59 PM Reply   
I have a 15" MTX Thundercast under the steering wheel facing forward, and it Bumps really hard.

Now ORION HCCA thats a serious SUB, Make sure you build a solid enclosure and power it with a gppd amplifier and it will rock your socks OFF

(Message edited by burbanized on March 10, 2009)
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-10-2009, 2:09 PM Reply   
I have a 15" under the wheel too, sounds pretty good.... not as good as a box but I don't lose space and it looks nice.
Upload
Old     (canecorso)      Join Date: Aug 2007       03-10-2009, 3:46 PM Reply   
Im thinking under the stering wheel also but it needs alot of cubic feet for the sub and im thinking the room will not be enough..

the sac- I think i may have to go down to the shop too seee what they recommend.

Burbanized I had it powered with a PPI amp then moved to and HCCA amp which sounded tight. Currently no amp for it, looking into matts anyone have experience?

What do you guys think of the 15" with the lows in an open boat?
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-10-2009, 4:15 PM Reply   
I had a 15" in my Sanger under the dash. It used to shake the guages loose, but it sounded great. I had one of the solobaric Kickers. It was in a 2 cubic foot box and worked fine.