Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2005

Old     (2high4u)      Join Date: May 2004       02-17-2005, 12:59 PM Reply   
Hi there i take delivery of my new fully loaded 05' Centurion Enzo in a months time and have decided to build (with the help of a very skilled cabinet maker "best mate scott") a kickass tower box and i want some kickass sound to go with!!

Which speakers do you recommend...?

What speakers do NVS use...? and where can i get some HLCD's

Thanks for any info
Jon
Old     (uga33)      Join Date: Jul 2003       02-17-2005, 1:05 PM Reply   
Jon congradats on the Enzo. For the money I would get the Fusion T series at Wakeside.com. They are on clearance and everyone has said nothing but positive things about them. If you like them buy now because the sell ends the 18th. Here is my thread on the Fusions.http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/211137.html?1108666771

Post some pics of the ENZO.
Old     (2high4u)      Join Date: May 2004       02-17-2005, 1:16 PM Reply   
Cheers lance! I'll get some pics up when shes here!!

Those fusions look A+++! might see if i could fit them on the tower as well as my box!!
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-17-2005, 1:19 PM Reply   
Parts express sell a big range of horns & lens, have a look on there site. You need a lot of expertise to get a horn setup working properly so beware.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-17-2005, 1:22 PM Reply   
you'll need a cross over with an attenuation circut on the tweets to make horns work. Consult someone in buisnes of making PA speakers. HLCD is a term that isn't well known in the audio market. They are typically called horns. Darren is right, parts express has tons of PA woofers/mid basses and horn tweeters. If you choose that path it'll be loud and efficient.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       02-17-2005, 2:01 PM Reply   
NVS uses Emenence (sp?) HLCD's and mid bass drivers. Do a search for NVS on here there is a great thread from about a year or two ago w/ tons of info on horns. Grant (whitechocolate) was using crossfire horns and crossfire drivers (car audio) I've used the same crosfire audio components, but gave up on trying to properly tune them. Here's a pic of what it turned out like. two horns and 2 6 inch drivers (not enough mid-bass)

Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       02-18-2005, 7:50 PM Reply   
Check out www.diytower.com as well, I added a pro-audio section with some good links.

Brands you want to look at:
Selenium
Eminence
Image Dynamics
AudioBahn

PartsExpress.com has awesome technical support that is a very valuable resource and they never have pushed at all to sell product. Highly recommended company.

All above have HLCD's The key with pro audio is getting the crossover designed right. It's a black magic to those of us that dont know are care about the details but find a hard core audiophile expert, explain to them what you expect the speakers to do and with little tweaking they can make what you need with a few bucks worth of parts and a solder gun.

Also, with only two 6-1/2" mid bass (if that's the fishnoyz.com enclosure) you probably only need one HLCD. Even with four 8" mid bass & two HLCD's on what were brewing up we have used the crossover to tone down the horns insane efficiency.

Remember HLCD's were likely designed to be used with a 12" or 15" woofer and a much larger horn lens than we can us in our application.

Post pics and congrats on the Enzo, sweet ride. I've got to mee a lot of the Centurion people over the years and they do a great job.
Old     (2high4u)      Join Date: May 2004       02-22-2005, 2:56 PM Reply   
Ok have chosen my choice of Pro Audio woofers for my tower box setup, whats a good powerful amp to power them..?

Have chosen Eminence Woofers 2x 8' 125watts @ 8ohm each (facing forward) 2x 10' 350watts @ 8ohm each + 2x 12' 400watts @ 8ohm each (facing rider)
Also 2x Eminence Horn and lenses + cossovers 40watts @ 8ohm each

I take it i can use car audio amps to run these..?
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-22-2005, 7:05 PM Reply   
Please be respectful of others, I cannot think of any good reason to run these very powerful speakers facing forward other then annoying people around you? You are about to enter crossover HELL with your recommendation.

Good Luck.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       02-22-2005, 7:52 PM Reply   
dang....that is some heavy sound you are pushing. Is all that wattage really necessary forward? All you need forward is like 2 6.5s
Old     (nvsairwarrior)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-22-2005, 7:58 PM Reply   
Jon,
I've done the 8's and the 10's but not the 12's. If you want the 12's I'll do it for you....as long and you don't point anything forward (at least permenantly). You won't need anything facing forward.

D out
Old     (2high4u)      Join Date: May 2004       02-23-2005, 1:11 AM Reply   
Its ok boys i will not be annoying any1 really from on here i live in Jersey in the Channel islands UK just off the french coast.. so you don't have to worry about your ears starting to bleed! but you might just here my sound across the atlantic!!!
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       02-23-2005, 10:24 AM Reply   
Jon, have you taken in to account the weight of all those components?

Duane, are you know going to offer 12's along with 10's???
Old     (nvsairwarrior)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-23-2005, 12:46 PM Reply   
Adam,
The only thing I tell people that I won't do is anything smaller then an 8. Everything else, well...
I would like to do something with a bigger compression driver. Problem here is that they are very expensive. I'm talking $300-$400 each.
But yeah, I'll do some 12's if someone wants them.
Old     (skibum69)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-23-2005, 12:50 PM Reply   
Duane, do you run the 8's 10's and 12's full range in the boxes?
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-23-2005, 3:05 PM Reply   
Jon,

Since it's unlikely that you will cause any sound police restrictions to be placed on any lake in the United States, I would recommend that you send Duane about $3k and have him build you a custom speaker system. Next you can add another support bar to your tower.

Or, if you are serious about this and have the money to back it up I think you are pretty close if you run a set of Entity 1010s bottom mounted facing back and a set of Addictions top mounted facing forward. That should do a pretty good job creating a floating sound stage.
Old     (aprgriggs)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-23-2005, 3:49 PM Reply   
Alpine puts out great sound. they are about 90 a pair.
Old     (nvsairwarrior)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-23-2005, 10:46 PM Reply   
Jason,
Some do run them full range.
I belive the Entity's run very well crossed at 160-170 Hz. The Addictions will run a bit lower.
I haven't actually done the 12's yet....waiting for someone to step up to it....would that be you?
Like I said above though, what I'd really like to do is some bigger compression drivers. Anyone like to fund a fun project?
D out