Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 24, 2009

Old     (spacepilot3000)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-06-2009, 2:00 AM Reply   
First of all I have to say "excuse my english", folks. Now that:

"Dr. Watson" mistake stood to Windows NT4 times long for a failure of the operating system. LF Watson this year stands probably also for a complete failure. At least if one refers to Limited Watson Binding of 2009.
In the late spring of this season I bought this really light, innovative and bombproof seated Binding for the bargain price from "only" 450 euros. However, test runs and verbal assessment confirmed me to have a top Binding at the feet.
Far from it. On the 4th weekend of use at the Cable (Not 4-week long-term application, only 4x2 days). It came to an end . Tear of the first flap with the laces, all the other flaps further on top strongly worn through.

This cannot be, so the Binding was sent in to LF. Besides, it positions itself on the edge out, this is a known mistake, all LTD 2009 have this. Arrrrhm, thanks that I knew this before … After more than 4 weeks I got a Binding back which now had 2 flaps from black belt material which were put really unprofessional with exactly 2 thin seams to the place of the originals.
I held these seams for ornamental seams which hold only the plastic designs, but these have really been the weight-bearing seams … This held exactly one weekend – virtually approx. 12 times Binding close, until I then had to go to the shoemaker.
This put then a cross seam which created, finally, rest. For it I have had more than 4 weeks in the middle of the season with no Bindings? Unfathomably LF! I stick: I do not tear like a lunatic to my laces! I use this "quite normally" – really!
Time jump 3 weeks further. What then is this? In the heel of the left foot the seam which connects the soles with the shoe part of the Binding frees itself. Hmmm. Are these seams now a show, or are these used? Again to the shoemaker. Again 3 days wait.
Completely, besides, the white plastic / imitation leather stuff breaks of course at exactly every place where movement gets in the Binding. Of course.
After return of the shoemaker it lasted again approx. 3 weeks, until I discovered water in both air cushions of the sole. This superlight shoes now weighed just 300 g more, or in such a way …
Riding yesterday, I made a short coffee break. Now almost by chance I discover a not more understandable hammer:
Both shoes of my Binding free themselves of the sole part. Both seams have burst, and the shoes can be lifted with the heels „so just“ from the sole. COMPLETELY! Hello? This is extremely dangerous!

How please can 450 euro Bindings break up in the course of half a year or three quarters a season COMPLETELY? How bad can a quality be? I mean, we do not talk here about Aldi stuff, we talk about the flagship from Liquid Force THE leading manufacturer of Wakestuff.
I never had a Binding which was broken so quick and often. And also if I have never experienced that this can be heard from all possible corners also by other LF Watson LTD to owners. And I never was so fed up about the standard arguments all around manufacturers and material.
And honestly: The often heard argument „… we can make nothing, because the whole Wake equipment is made for Boat boarder“ stops for me at the very latest with completely freing shoes completely!
For me Liquid Force is history. After all experienced I cannot even write any more „unfortunately does“. I can only pray that my shoemaker hero can cause a rescue on Monday anyhow. The season goes, finally, still till December …
THIS simply had to go out!

(Message edited by spacepilot3000 on September 06, 2009)

Old     (perfski)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-06-2009, 4:43 AM Reply   
Hey Spacepilot,
Sorry to hear about your problems......we've bought ALOT of limited boots and have dealt with some issues that have happened along the way...so don't feel you are alone. That said, Liquid has worked to resolve any and all issues with boot problems for us. Like many companies...sometimes when you come up with new ideas.....you test them with no issues, and then when they go into production they pop up out of no where. My experience with this through the years is pro riders who test the products don't put nearly the beating on prototype bindings as regular riders who tug / pull / bash / thrash the boots daily. That said, my first question as it always seems to be..did you contact the shop you purchased them from? And what options did they offer you? They are the first contact you should make. The proshop or whomever you purchased them from, if they care about your business, will help you resolve this. So start there... they are your first line of defense. Then if they will not do anything...then you come to Liquid and get their help. That said, they should take care of you, but know that if you purchased it through a legit dealer your 450 euro's will be made whole...or at least should be. If the shop that sold them to you won't...you are shopping with the wrong people.

Keep the faith...and good luck...I'm sure you can get this resolved, and if not through your local dealer send me a PM and I'll work to help. Just reference this posting. Best Regards,

Bill Porter
www.perfski.com
Old     (spacepilot3000)      Join Date: Aug 2009       09-06-2009, 9:50 AM Reply   
Hey thanks for response!

I have contact to LF germany now, and they are about to find a solution for my boots. They told me, they have called my local dealer, who should take care... Let's see what happens!

Old     (jealous_soul)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-06-2009, 4:36 PM Reply   
I feel your pain, I bought my watson ltds and not 3 weeks after they filled with water and the laces were torn on the inside. Swapped them out for vantage ltds and now both footbeds of the vantages are full...I have two other friends that had watson ltds and vantage ltds and the same thing has happened to their pairs. Performance has been great however and LF seems to be doing to the right hing (from my experience and my friends')
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-12-2009, 6:20 AM Reply   
I just got a pair of these they have yet to hit the water. This scares the sheite out of me. I rode a pair of open toe watsons and fell in love with them so figured the ltd would be better. How can you tell if they are full of water? The clear holes are not really see through. I wonder how many people this has happened too and if it is specific to a lot number?????
Old     (robd)      Join Date: May 2009       09-12-2009, 8:59 AM Reply   
you can tell when theyre filled with water. see it sittin in the bed. but its all under warranty so you just keep gettin new bindings lol
Old     (supernatural)      Join Date: Jan 2008       09-12-2009, 4:48 PM Reply   
I've had 6 pair of LF LTD bindings on my boat this summer (not all mine) and all of them were full of water in the first few sets. I did talk to Colin at LF and he said that it has been corrected for 2010, hope so since all the bindings next year seem to have the air pockets.
Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-12-2009, 5:51 PM Reply   
The lace eyelet tearing is not just with the limited boots, I had it happen with the regular 2009 Watsons after about a month of use. The shop I bought them from took them back without question and offered a replacement pair.

However, I think sometimes you just have to look at how something is made and decide for yourself whether or not you think the same thing will happen again. After seeing how the lace eyelets ripped on these boots I had zero confidence that it wouldn't happen again. I decided to say no thanks to the 2009 Watsons and opted for a pair of 2008 Shanes. LF had it right with the 2008 line and hopefully for 2010 they will go back to that style of lace system.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       09-12-2009, 6:38 PM Reply   
I certainly would think if this happened any good company would replace them with 2010's after a few times. LF certainly has the ability to do this I know RONIX and other brands when they had issues like this. I spoke with Board Stop and they assured me if this happened to mine they would replace them and LF would back it. They also told me they had yet to have any returned. They have been great to help me with my current purchases.
Old     (czap)      Join Date: Oct 2007       09-13-2009, 11:26 PM Reply   
Ive been all season on my NON ltd watsons with no problems at all.. and i ride 3-5 days a week so ive put a beating on them. couldnt ask for a better boot! maybe you should have them send you a set of the regular ones..?