Articles
   
       
Pics/Video
       
Wake 101
   
       
       
Shop
Search
 
 
 
 
 
Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Share 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004       03-27-2018, 10:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoothie View Post
He was a pussy and not doing his job, happens to cops sometimes. His superiors agreed he didn't do his job and suspended him without pay. He has to live with his cowardness, and a lot of families paid the price. That doesn't mean it's not a good idea.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...ing/index.html
yup. pussies are everywhere, even in police uniforms.

also, I see it as a different situation. Cops/guards/SRO (whatever the hell that is) should be INSIDE where the kids are, not outside scratching their asses wondering what they're gonna have for breakfast after the 1st bell rings.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       03-27-2018, 1:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverd1 View Post
yup. pussies are everywhere, even in police uniforms.

also, I see it as a different situation. Cops/guards/SRO (whatever the hell that is) should be INSIDE where the kids are, not outside scratching their asses wondering what they're gonna have for breakfast after the 1st bell rings.
They ignore the fact that most will take their own life before being wounded & serving a life sentence. If I just shot at some mofos knowing it's a life sentence & I see a gun being pulled on me, I am shooting myself before risking waking in a hospital in cuffs heading to prison for life.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-27-2018, 3:32 PM Reply   
I was surprised by these numbers. Just 3% own half the guns.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ence/90858752/
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-01-2018, 3:41 PM Reply   
Geeee
Who’d a thunk it. No guns ...............still epidemic violence! What could the common link be?


https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/594781...hnic-breaches/

Last edited by xstarrider; 04-01-2018 at 3:44 PM.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-01-2018, 4:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
Geeee
Who’d a thunk it. No guns ...............still epidemic violence! What could the common link be?


https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/594781...hnic-breaches/
Shouldn't murder rate in New York be much less if guns make you safer?
Old     (Smoothie)      Join Date: Feb 2018       04-01-2018, 6:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Shouldn't murder rate in New York be much less if guns make you safer?
New York has very strict gun laws, and a 0 gun law in NYC.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-02-2018, 10:32 AM Reply   
Add one more to “accidental” gun deaths across America

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=yAJk_1522645232

Last edited by xstarrider; 04-02-2018 at 10:38 AM.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-02-2018, 10:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Shouldn't murder rate in New York be much less if guns make you safer?
Au contraire monsieur , Shouldn’t the crime rate be much much lower because of such strict gun laws? After all guns are the reason for violence.......
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-02-2018, 10:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
Au contraire monsieur , Shouldn’t the crime rate be much much lower because of such strict gun laws? After all guns are the reason for violence.......
Seeing NYC has a zero gun policy and London has a zero gun policy I guess they would have about the same murder rate if guns were a important factor in the murder rate. ...
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       04-02-2018, 10:52 AM Reply   
A zero gun policy means nothing if you can drive to the neighboring state and pick up whatever guns you'd like in less than 2 hours. It needs to be federally mandated for it to have any meaning.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-02-2018, 12:42 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
Geeee
Who’d a thunk it. No guns ...............still epidemic violence! What could the common link be?
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/594781...hnic-breaches/
Do you really think those stats are going to hold up throughout the year? Even if they do, why take the highest homicide rate city in their country and compare it to New York city which doesn't make the top 30 homicide rates in the US? That like comparing apples and oranges, overall, US homicide rate is 5 times that of United Kingdom.
https://www.indexmundi.com/facts/ind...RC.P5/rankings
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-02-2018, 2:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
Seeing NYC has a zero gun policy and London has a zero gun policy I guess they would have about the same murder rate if guns were a important factor in the murder rate. ...
Unfortunately nyc doesn’t have a zero gun policy and illegal guns are all over the city. Try again

Last edited by xstarrider; 04-02-2018 at 2:23 PM.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-02-2018, 3:19 PM Reply   
Ha ha, I'm just messing with you. Its such a complicated issue, I don't think some guys on the internet are going to get to the bottom of it.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-02-2018, 6:32 PM Reply   
Here some more stats of London vs NYC


Crime statistics also suggest you are almost six times more likely to be burgled in the British capital than in the US city, and one and a half times more likely to fall victim to a robbery. London also has almost three times the number of reported rapes. Guess those guns do make you safer?
Old     (Smoothie)      Join Date: Feb 2018       04-02-2018, 6:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
Unfortunately nyc doesn’t have a zero gun policy and illegal guns are all over the city. Try again
So wait, are you really saying that even though guns are illegal people still have them? And you want to pass laws to make guns illegal and you think that will......
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-02-2018, 11:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeshmoe View Post
Do you really think those stats are going to hold up throughout the year? Even if they do, why take the highest homicide rate city in their country and compare it to New York city which doesn't make the top 30 homicide rates in the US? That like comparing apples and oranges, overall, US homicide rate is 5 times that of United Kingdom.
https://www.indexmundi.com/facts/ind...RC.P5/rankings
London and NYC are essentially the same size. The comparison Is based on population. London and NYC have around 8million. It’s an apples to apples comparison all day long . There isn’t another US city remotely close in size.

Last edited by xstarrider; 04-02-2018 at 11:20 PM.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-02-2018, 11:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoothie View Post
So wait, are you really saying that even though guns are illegal people still have them? And you want to pass laws to make guns illegal and you think that will......
Again NYC is not a 0 gun city. You can carry legally , and yes the gangs and ****bags have guns illegally there too. I don’t want to make guns illegal. I am very pro gun. Darren’s argument about they’re are both “gun free “ so they should be equal is anything but true.

The article is two fold. The focus was stupid liberal policies that allow crime and criminals to flourish. The caveat here is that violent crime will simply happen because people are bad, not because people have guns like the left wants you to believe . It’s front and center proof that crime is related to people not guns. While we talk mass shootings , they talk mass bombings . Same outcomes different methodology .

Last edited by xstarrider; 04-02-2018 at 11:32 PM.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-19-2018, 3:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoothie View Post
So wait, are you really saying that even though guns are illegal people still have them? And you want to pass laws to make guns illegal and you think that will......
You can't be that dumb. Drunk driving is illegal and guess what; people still drive drunk. Let's just not have any laws since they will all be broken at some point...
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-20-2018, 4:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
London and NYC are essentially the same size. The comparison Is based on population. London and NYC have around 8million. It’s an apples to apples comparison all day long . There isn’t another US city remotely close in size.
Ok, apples to apples, Tokyo, same population as NYC, very strict gun laws. Also, In Tokyo, you cannot simply buy a gun in another State very easily and then very easily cross State lines to get the gun into NYC. Tokyo's homicide rate is .3 per 100,000! That is Not a misprint point 3 deaths per 100,000 people. End of discussion, Gun control Works!
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-20-2018, 9:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeshmoe View Post
Ok, apples to apples, Tokyo, same population as NYC, very strict gun laws. Also, In Tokyo, you cannot simply buy a gun in another State very easily and then very easily cross State lines to get the gun into NYC. Tokyo's homicide rate is .3 per 100,000! That is Not a misprint point 3 deaths per 100,000 people. End of discussion, Gun control Works!
You know what else Tokyo has ..............the death penalty and a justice system that believes in severe punishments for crimes all through their index. It’s called the big picture ........see it and understand it

Last edited by xstarrider; 05-20-2018 at 9:24 PM.
Old     (tripsw)      Join Date: May 2006       05-20-2018, 9:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
You know what else Tokyo has ..............the death penalty
I think most mass murderers/school shooters don't really expect to walk away from it alive. So I doubt that's a factor. At all. Gun control though... might have some influence. Might...
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-21-2018, 9:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
You know what else Tokyo has ..............the death penalty and a justice system that believes in severe punishments for crimes all through their index. It’s called the big picture ........see it and understand it
Now your just pulling stuff from your butt. Japan does NOT believe in severe punishments for crimes. They focus on training prisoners to reenter society. We are the "punishment" people. We put people in cages and punish them then let them out in society and expect them to be different. Doesn't work.

In Japan you can't get out of jail until you have learned a skill or education that will get you a job. They train their prisoner to reenter society. We make them better at basketball and weight lifting.
Old     (CALIV210)      Join Date: Jun 2015       05-21-2018, 1:51 PM Reply   
This discussion is stupid . Drugs are illegal and the opiate epidemic is worse then its ever been so laws clearly dont work if they did Chicago would not have near the deaths they have especially on the south side . Guns don't kill crybaby kids that aren't part of the ''in'' crowd do . Kids that feel like outcasts kill, kids that play too much COD and GTA kill . Kids whose parents aren't no where near involved enough kill. Kids with known mental issues and no facility's to house these crazy little rejects is a bigger problem then the gun itself . One more thing if you don't like the laws of the land the very laws that got us to this point which is better then most other country's in the WORLD then go live in one of those country's . This is America we are held together by the constitution if your are too blinded by the BS agenda to realize your right to free speech the right you invoke to spew this crap about gun control is next on the chopping block you are part of the problem. How will you feel when everything you type doesn't fit the lefts algorithm and your speech gets censored or shut down. Facebook Twitter and Instagram already sensor your speech the elitist left wing media already sensors what you hear and how you hear it . Dont be a sheep do your own research and quit spewing what CNN told you was the truth . CNN lies too

Last edited by CALIV210; 05-21-2018 at 1:53 PM.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-21-2018, 2:10 PM Reply   
Its gonna take a while to break down this stupidity so lets go point by point:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALIV210 View Post
This discussion is stupid . Drugs are illegal and the opiate epidemic is worse then its ever been so laws clearly dont work if they did Chicago would not have near the deaths they have especially on the south side.
Are you suggesting that we shouldn't have laws?


Quote:
Originally Posted by CALIV210 View Post
Guns don't kill crybaby kids that aren't part of the ''in'' crowd do . Kids that feel like outcasts kill, kids that play too much COD and GTA kill .
It turns out that kids all over the world play GTA and COD but only kill people here. On top of that the kids that have gone on shooting sprees by and large didn't play violent video games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALIV210 View Post
Kids with known mental issues and no facility's to house these crazy little rejects is a bigger problem then the gun itself .
The same people who are stopping gun control are the people that cut funding to mental facilities (GOP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALIV210 View Post
One more thing if you don't like the laws of the land the very laws that got us to this point which is better then most other country's in the WORLD then go live in one of those country's .
A couple of things:
1. How to you measure that the US is better than most other countries?
We are 14th in education
We are number 35 in under 5 mortality.
We are number 211 in infant mortality

Even USNews (who is clearly gonna be biased for the US) ranks us as #8 best country.


2. With regard to your "go live somewhere else comment": No. my stuff is here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALIV210 View Post
This is America we are held together by the constitution
It's called an AMENDMENT. Get a dictionary and look up what that means. hint (we can change it)



Guns are fun. I like guns, its fun. However the fact that anyone can buy them anywhere is a problem. Is having to wait a month for a decent sanity/criminal check to high a price to pay to save kids lives?

I like wakeboarding but if wakeboards were regullarly used to kill a bunch of kids you'd bet your ass I'd be totally cool about having to take a bunch of tests before being able to buy one.

Where are your priorities?
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       05-22-2018, 7:05 AM Reply   
Lets not talk about the shootings stopped by armed guards ./ resource officers. Those will get in the way of the agenda & actually bring a solution to the problem. The left hates solutions unless it involves a lot of dead kids for their agenda
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-22-2018, 8:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Lets not talk about the shootings stopped by armed guards ./ resource officers. Those will get in the way of the agenda & actually bring a solution to the problem.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think a guard has stopped one shooting sooner than if the shooter was unchecked in the last year or two.... and there has been like 4-5 cases where the armed guard was a non factor; basically police came and ended things, not the guard.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       05-22-2018, 8:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidekicknicholas View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think a guard has stopped one shooting sooner than if the shooter was unchecked in the last year or two.... and there has been like 4-5 cases where the armed guard was a non factor; basically police came and ended things, not the guard.
There were 2 in the last two weeks, one stopped after 2 kids were shot another stopped before the shooting even happened. Not sure how you can try to say armed guards are moot when these shootings ONLY happen at no gun zones. How, how can anyone dismiss that one simple fact over & over again?
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       05-22-2018, 9:17 AM Reply   
Ask yourself, what's a quicker more feasible solution; Rounding up fire arms & passing laws or putting armed cops at school entrances? If you're answer is to let the kids die until gun laws are passed then you're part of the problem. At the min you'd think everyone could agree on common sense armed guards in the interim. Unless of course the left is a terrorist organization that loves dead kids? That;s what I keep hearing from the whack jobs on the left about the NRA.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-22-2018, 9:27 AM Reply   
I'm not saying they're moot... I'm saying they're a poor band-aid to the problem, not addressing the problem itself.

Two things are required to to have a school shooting:
1.) Someone who isn't mentally right wants to hurt classmates
2.) Access to firearms / ability to get them into a school
.... if either of the above items aren't present, no shooting occurs.


.... To me saying "We're just gunna be ready to shoot the shooter" isn't a good solution, its lazy. I think its universally agreed that any extra measures to keep guns from those who shouldn't have them will NOT effect responsible gun owners, correct? Then why not do those things - even if it stops one shooting, its worth it then right?

Those changes can come quickly... while that is happening address the mental health issue.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       05-22-2018, 9:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidekicknicholas View Post
I'm not saying they're moot... I'm saying they're a poor band-aid to the problem, not addressing the problem itself.

Two things are required to to have a school shooting:
1.) Someone who isn't mentally right wants to hurt classmates
2.) Access to firearms / ability to get them into a school
.... if either of the above items aren't present, no shooting occurs.


.... To me saying "We're just gunna be ready to shoot the shooter" isn't a good solution, its lazy. I think its universally agreed that any extra measures to keep guns from those who shouldn't have them will NOT effect responsible gun owners, correct? Then why not do those things - even if it stops one shooting, its worth it then right?

Those changes can come quickly... while that is happening address the mental health issue.
Because none of that is going to happen as quickly as protection would. After 9/11 we put up tons of security, not another high jacking since. Why on earth would anyone subjective & without an agenda be opposed to armed guards now, discussion & legislation to follow. It's because the left is holding the kids hostage, gun control now or nothing is their answer. Besides any of that, not one gun law the left advocates would have done jack to stop this shooting. It's almost like you guys continue to unwittingly make the argument against gun laws & for armed protection.

Last edited by racer808; 05-22-2018 at 9:51 AM.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       05-22-2018, 9:59 AM Reply   
I mean s**t, it's impossible to get by security at my kids high school without shooting at them first. Why people are so against that if they don't their way is just beyond belief. Even if you got your gun laws without a round up of all guns your laws are useless again. Then we have the entire black market. You realize via dark markets you can buy guns, grenades, C4 with bitcoin? How are you gonna stop that? Think it's hard? How many millions of kids figured out how to buy bitcoin, use TOR, find dark markets & order drugs, hackers, hacked credit cards, etc. It's in the millions, it's very easy, Reddit has tutorials for all of it. All of these shootings have been premeditated. You think waiting a few more weeks for your weapon of choice to show up is going to deter them?

You don't think labeling the NRA terrorists while refusing to call actual terrorists terrorists isn't part of the problem? You think the rhetoric from the left is helping with their quest for gun laws? It just makes the other side dig in deeper. No way in hell am I giving anything up with the rhetoric from the left & the death threats & the talk of civil wars & prying weapons from peoples dead hands. I mean again, the logistics of what you want for guns is not going to happen. Secure out damn schools first then lets talk this out till we're blue in the face & find an actual solution, not these knee jerk emotional responses that create meaningless & symbolic laws.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-22-2018, 11:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer808 View Post
There were 2 in the last two weeks, one stopped after 2 kids were shot another stopped before the shooting even happened. Not sure how you can try to say armed guards are moot when these shootings ONLY happen at no gun zones. How, how can anyone dismiss that one simple fact over & over again?
It's easy to dismiss a "simple fact" when it isn't true. The Florida school shooting (17 dead) had an armed guard there the whole time.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       05-22-2018, 12:58 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by plhorn View Post
It's easy to dismiss a "simple fact" when it isn't true. The Florida school shooting (17 dead) had an armed guard there the whole time.
So you're going use one coward to hang your hat on that argument? Maybe if he wasn't the lone guard things would have been different? Maybe if they vetted this guy better?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-22-2018, 1:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
So you're going use one coward to hang your hat on that argument?
Again correct me if I'm wrong, but the vast majority of school shootings had a guard or police liaison on the property the day of the shootings going all the way back to Columbine.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       05-22-2018, 2:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidekicknicholas View Post
Again correct me if I'm wrong, but the vast majority of school shootings had a guard or police liaison on the property the day of the shootings going all the way back to Columbine.
I thought I read it was like 40% of the shootings had armed guards in place. Why do these schools have multiple entrance points? Pretty simple to have one entrance & some metal detectors. Deterrence first. You aren't going to get laws between today & the next shooting, but moving butts on more security systems in place can & will save some lives in the interim. It doesn't have to be armed guards, but it's also intellectually dishonest or plain ignorant to keep acting gun laws are the ONLY answer.
Old     (onlyinboards)      Join Date: Oct 2014       05-22-2018, 4:02 PM Reply   
Because we all know most schools in the USA have budget surpluses to add metal detectors and pay armed guards. My kids school had a police officer at their school 4 days a week, but not anymore. No money for education, but we should definitely spend more on military and a wall right?
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       05-22-2018, 5:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyinboards View Post
Because we all know most schools in the USA have budget surpluses to add metal detectors and pay armed guards. My kids school had a police officer at their school 4 days a week, but not anymore. No money for education, but we should definitely spend more on military and a wall right?
The feds can more than pay for all school up grades much like they did with 9/11. That is an immediate & easy answer yet ignored cause it doesn't involve the dream of gun control & eventual confiscation. As to your ending tangent, please talk to the same people you're asking to manage gun control laws & enforcement why they keep funding these projects & military as long as pork gets loaded into their state.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-23-2018, 5:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer808 View Post
So you're going use one coward to hang your hat on that argument? Maybe if he wasn't the lone guard things would have been different? Maybe if they vetted this guy better?
Didn't the guy have 20+ years of law enforcement experience? How can you say with a straight face that a "vetting" process would have prevented this guy from being a school resource officer?
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-23-2018, 5:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer808 View Post
The feds can more than pay for all school up grades much like they did with 9/11. That is an immediate & easy answer yet ignored cause it doesn't involve the dream of gun control & eventual confiscation. As to your ending tangent, please talk to the same people you're asking to manage gun control laws & enforcement why they keep funding these projects & military as long as pork gets loaded into their state.
Oh really? With a trillion dollar deficit?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-23-2018, 6:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Oh really? With a trillion dollar deficit?
"Throw a little more on" - The party of fiscal responsibility
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       05-23-2018, 7:11 AM Reply   
So you don't like that they call them fiscally responsible but have no issue with the party you support spending irresponsibly? Because they don't call them responsible?

Last edited by racer808; 05-23-2018 at 7:14 AM.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       05-23-2018, 7:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
Didn't the guy have 20+ years of law enforcement experience? How can you say with a straight face that a "vetting" process would have prevented this guy from being a school resource officer?
The same way you say the stupid **** you say with a straight face. Perception & beliefs. Same reason the debate rages on with no solution. But in the interim you enjoy holding these kids hostages until you get your way cause you can't find any possible solution unless it's gun control. How do you even sleep at night knowing it's going to happen again & your gun laws aren't? Yet there are solutions to be done that you & your ilk won't act on.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-23-2018, 12:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer808 View Post
The same way you say the stupid **** you say with a straight face. Perception & beliefs. Same reason the debate rages on with no solution. But in the interim you enjoy holding these kids hostages until you get your way cause you can't find any possible solution unless it's gun control. How do you even sleep at night knowing it's going to happen again & your gun laws aren't? Yet there are solutions to be done that you & your ilk won't act on.
The gun laws could be enacted over night if it wasn't for you and your ilk.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-23-2018, 1:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
o you don't like that they call them fiscally responsible but have no issue with the party you support spending irresponsibly?
First, you have zero clue what party I support. The only thing I've ever made clear on here is that I think Trump is a dip**** and shouldn't be in charge of his own hair, let alone a country.

I would like to think I most closely align with libertarian views ... I'm a big fan of don't spend money you don't have. The debt the Dems ran up is bad, I don't think it should have ever gotten to the level it did, but it worse that the Repbulicans harped on the Dems for 8 straight years about fiscal responsibility and then increased the defect once they got control of all three branches of government.

My perfect Presidential ticket would have been Rand Paul and Bernie Sanders .... lets do all we can to help people, but only if we can pay for it. Want free healthcare ... show me a budget that pays for it. Want free college, show me what you're cutting to pay for it. etc etc.

Quote:
How do you even sleep at night knowing it's going to happen again & your gun laws aren't? Yet there are solutions to be done that you & your ilk won't act on.
Holy **** dude, the projection is amazing. I honestly would love to spend 15 minutes in your brain just to see if I could handle it.
.... no one here is saying just take the guns and thats the end all be all. Its one piece of the pie. How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time... you can't have a shooting without a gun, so that seems like a logical place to start. You can't have a shooting without a crazy person, thats another great place to start.

If you're asking me which is easier - somehow decode the brain of a psychopath before they do something terrible, or control the amount of tools available to commit the terrible act the answer seems clear. One is a physical tangible object that can be controlled to some degree if the proper steps are taken, the other is Minority Report without being able to see the future.


My gun side solution would be this:

* Issue a large scale turn in program for firearms... try to reduce the number right off the bat.
* Work on creating a registry of every firearm that can be accounted for.... the "unknown" ones will weed out over time. If you are caught with an unregistered weapon, you lose your right to own them going forward.
* This registry also helps know if someone beats their wife, that the police should be collecting firearms from him.... weapons should not be grandfathered in.
* Any sale or transfer on this registry, PvP, Gun Show, Dealer, etc etc gets a check before the transfer is approved.
* Mandatory passing of some sort of gun safety class before being able to buy a gun should be required too - active duty service, police force, etc would also count.
* If John Doe owns gun X123 and sells it to Garry Guns and then Garry shoots up a school if John followed the proper channels, no worries. If John didn't and that gun is still tied to him on the registry, he is charged as an accomplice to that crime.... this helps assure the process is followed.

.... accountability needs to be stuck squarely on the shoulders of the "good guy" gun owners. Its their right to own one, but with that right comes incredible responsibility. And if you're truly a good guy gun owner, this shouldn't bother you. A lot less guns would be easy to get to by kids if the parents knew they would be sitting in jail for their kid's crime(s).

Last edited by sidekicknicholas; 05-23-2018 at 1:09 PM.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-23-2018, 1:18 PM Reply   
"Holy **** dude, the projection is amazing. I honestly would love to spend 15 minutes in your brain just to see if I could handle it. "

It would be like the shallow end of the pool. Dull and uninteresting.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       05-23-2018, 3:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidekicknicholas View Post
First, you have zero clue what party I support. The only thing I've ever made clear on here is that I think Trump is a dip**** and shouldn't be in charge of his own hair, let alone a country.

I would like to think I most closely align with libertarian views ... I'm a big fan of don't spend money you don't have. The debt the Dems ran up is bad, I don't think it should have ever gotten to the level it did, but it worse that the Repbulicans harped on the Dems for 8 straight years about fiscal responsibility and then increased the defect once they got control of all three branches of government.

My perfect Presidential ticket would have been Rand Paul and Bernie Sanders .... lets do all we can to help people, but only if we can pay for it. Want free healthcare ... show me a budget that pays for it. Want free college, show me what you're cutting to pay for it. etc etc.


Holy **** dude, the projection is amazing. I honestly would love to spend 15 minutes in your brain just to see if I could handle it.
.... no one here is saying just take the guns and thats the end all be all. Its one piece of the pie. How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time... you can't have a shooting without a gun, so that seems like a logical place to start. You can't have a shooting without a crazy person, thats another great place to start.

If you're asking me which is easier - somehow decode the brain of a psychopath before they do something terrible, or control the amount of tools available to commit the terrible act the answer seems clear. One is a physical tangible object that can be controlled to some degree if the proper steps are taken, the other is Minority Report without being able to see the future.


My gun side solution would be this:

* Issue a large scale turn in program for firearms... try to reduce the number right off the bat.
* Work on creating a registry of every firearm that can be accounted for.... the "unknown" ones will weed out over time. If you are caught with an unregistered weapon, you lose your right to own them going forward.
* This registry also helps know if someone beats their wife, that the police should be collecting firearms from him.... weapons should not be grandfathered in.
* Any sale or transfer on this registry, PvP, Gun Show, Dealer, etc etc gets a check before the transfer is approved.
* Mandatory passing of some sort of gun safety class before being able to buy a gun should be required too - active duty service, police force, etc would also count.
* If John Doe owns gun X123 and sells it to Garry Guns and then Garry shoots up a school if John followed the proper channels, no worries. If John didn't and that gun is still tied to him on the registry, he is charged as an accomplice to that crime.... this helps assure the process is followed.

.... accountability needs to be stuck squarely on the shoulders of the "good guy" gun owners. Its their right to own one, but with that right comes incredible responsibility. And if you're truly a good guy gun owner, this shouldn't bother you. A lot less guns would be easy to get to by kids if the parents knew they would be sitting in jail for their kid's crime(s).
No no no, the dead kids in direct relation to several pages back where several overly emotional lefties on where saying the same things about anyone who disagreed with them & the NRA are killers. I think you'll get half of those but I think you're years out, if ever, to getting a gun registry.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-23-2018, 4:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer808 View Post
The same way you say the stupid **** you say with a straight face. Perception & beliefs. Same reason the debate rages on with no solution. But in the interim you enjoy holding these kids hostages until you get your way cause you can't find any possible solution unless it's gun control. How do you even sleep at night knowing it's going to happen again & your gun laws aren't? Yet there are solutions to be done that you & your ilk won't act on.
Whatever you say dude. Here's something for you to ponder. What if that was your kid that was killed? And before you say, "Well, my kid goes to a great school", remember, the majority of these mass shootings are happening in "great schools". They aren't taking place in the inner-city schools. If that was your kid's name scrolling across the screen as one of the victims, I can guarantee you wouldn't think the status quo (doing nothing about it) was the solution. Perspective, ahole.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       05-24-2018, 3:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
Whatever you say dude. Here's something for you to ponder. What if that was your kid that was killed? And before you say, "Well, my kid goes to a great school", remember, the majority of these mass shootings are happening in "great schools". They aren't taking place in the inner-city schools. If that was your kid's name scrolling across the screen as one of the victims, I can guarantee you wouldn't think the status quo (doing nothing about it) was the solution. Perspective, ahole.
Are you daft, A-hole? I offered solutions. You think if it was my dead kid that would change my mind about gun laws? Most of the parents of the victims have remained stead fast with their beliefs, only the ones you agree with have gotten the media attention, Mouth of Wisdom, Stooge of the Media. Again, it's only you monkeys who want to do nothing, unless you get your way. You only keep offering the same tired non solution that would takes to implement while blaming everyone else for not getting on board with your agenda. I get it, you can't see the past the tip of your own nose on the issue, that's cool too. If it was your dead kid you'd wish the school had better security in lieu of Washington passing laws, but you do you, Mouth of Wisdom.

Seems to me Wake your issue is the bulge in conservatives girls pants are guns while the bulge in your girls pants is a penis.

Last edited by racer808; 05-24-2018 at 3:17 AM.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-24-2018, 6:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer808 View Post
Are you daft, A-hole? I offered solutions. You think if it was my dead kid that would change my mind about gun laws? Most of the parents of the victims have remained stead fast with their beliefs, only the ones you agree with have gotten the media attention, Mouth of Wisdom, Stooge of the Media. Again, it's only you monkeys who want to do nothing, unless you get your way. You only keep offering the same tired non solution that would takes to implement while blaming everyone else for not getting on board with your agenda. I get it, you can't see the past the tip of your own nose on the issue, that's cool too. If it was your dead kid you'd wish the school had better security in lieu of Washington passing laws, but you do you, Mouth of Wisdom.

Seems to me Wake your issue is the bulge in conservatives girls pants are guns while the bulge in your girls pants is a penis.
It took Austrailia 2 week to enact sweeping gun laws after the port Arthur massacre and it solved the problem . The only reason it hasn't happened here is because of the NRA and people like you. So yes I do think gun nuts are should be held to blame.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       05-24-2018, 6:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by plhorn View Post
It took Austrailia 2 week to enact sweeping gun laws after the port Arthur massacre and it solved the problem . The only reason it hasn't happened here is because of the NRA and people like you. So yes I do think gun nuts are should be held to blame.
Great. Once you accept that is probably never going to happen here then you can mentally move on. Keep hanging your hat on should've would've could've. The facts are simple; It isn't going to happen now. You will be waiting for your blue wave, which may not come. Then you're still waiting for Jan till they reconvene in the chamber & go back & forth for months. Maybe you need to go look up how laws are written here? Then you still have to get Trump to sign off on it or hope you have the votes to override his veto. Those are the facts here. Your wishful thinking is not going to happen anytime soon. So in interim, yes you people are holding these kids lives hostage holding your breath for laws to pass instead of finding temporary solutions to keep their lives safe while you stomp your feet to get your way. The reality is you're scared to death the NRA & the rights solution will work which will mean you will never get gun laws & that is exactly why you people can't have temp solutions that work right now. So yes, you are to blame for the shootings continuing, you don't care about the kids & you hold every bit the amount of blame you're trying to pass to the other side & the NRA.

Last edited by racer808; 05-24-2018 at 6:53 AM.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-24-2018, 8:08 AM Reply   
Quote:
It took Austrailia 2 week to enact sweeping gun laws after the port Arthur massacre and it solved the problem. The only reason it hasn't happened here is because of the NRA and people like you. So yes I do think gun nuts are should be held to blame.
Quote:
Once you accept that is probably never going to happen here then you can mentally move on.
So because you and your dip**** friends are unwilling to enact rules that shouldn't effect you, the rest of us have to deal with the consequences?
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       05-24-2018, 8:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidekicknicholas View Post
So because you and your dip**** friends are unwilling to enact rules that shouldn't effect you, the rest of us have to deal with the consequences?
Because you & the rest of the dip****s on the left refuse to enact common sense security measures we have to keep hearing about dead kids? See how that works, loony tunes. You just proved, you & the rest of the leftist idiots care more about what you want than the kids or security. You're holding them hostage while trying to blame others for not seeing it your way.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-24-2018, 8:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
Because you & the rest of the dip****s on the left refuse to enact common sense security measures
I've never once said that, I think we should be doing everything in our power to make sure kids don't have to be worried to go to school. Its an abusrd problem that shouldn't exist.

I am all for a police liaison in school, heck bring in the national guard and have someone pulling security... but thats a band aid. It doesn't stop the problem, it just hopefully reduces the headcount when something ****ty happens. As a temporary solution until major gun reform and mental health issues can be addressed, I'm all for it.

With that said, I don't think arming teachers is a good idea... if someone is in that school as a guard I would want that to be their primary focus; school defense after multiplication tables is a bad idea.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       05-24-2018, 9:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidekicknicholas View Post
I've never once said that, I think we should be doing everything in our power to make sure kids don't have to be worried to go to school. Its an abusrd problem that shouldn't exist.

I am all for a police liaison in school, heck bring in the national guard and have someone pulling security... but thats a band aid. It doesn't stop the problem, it just hopefully reduces the headcount when something ****ty happens. As a temporary solution until major gun reform and mental health issues can be addressed, I'm all for it.

With that said, I don't think arming teachers is a good idea... if someone is in that school as a guard I would want that to be their primary focus; school defense after multiplication tables is a bad idea.
Then we're on the same page with at least this. I don't think arming any ol teacher is a good idea either. But there are several that could qualify for it & be worth consideration. The easiest & immediate solution is simply make it one entry point, one exit point, metal detectors. Pretty simple. Ever heard about a mass shooting at an inner-city school where they have metal detectors & armed guards at the front? Me either.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-24-2018, 9:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
The easiest & immediate solution is simply make it one entry point, one exit point, metal detectors.
Entry sure.... at least around where I live that is 100% the case. All doors are locked except one, that takes you to a vestibule that you need to get buzzed through to actually enter the building.

Exit, bad idea on if there is another emergency. I don't want to funnel 1500 kids through a single exit in a fire. Or if the shooter gets in and pull the fire alarm he will have 1500 kids rushing to exactly where he is standing and everyone is trapped like a rat.

Metal detects is a fine idea too, but there is inherently a lot of things kids need in their bags that would set those off, so getting in and out of school each day turns into TSA at the airport. Also there is a cost associated with installing those in every school in the country... I'm personally A-OK with my taxes going to up help public education, but my guess is there will be outrage.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       05-24-2018, 9:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidekicknicholas View Post
Entry sure.... at least around where I live that is 100% the case. All doors are locked except one, that takes you to a vestibule that you need to get buzzed through to actually enter the building.

Exit, bad idea on if there is another emergency. I don't want to funnel 1500 kids through a single exit in a fire. Or if the shooter gets in and pull the fire alarm he will have 1500 kids rushing to exactly where he is standing and everyone is trapped like a rat.

Metal detects is a fine idea too, but there is inherently a lot of things kids need in their bags that would set those off, so getting in and out of school each day turns into TSA at the airport. Also there is a cost associated with installing those in every school in the country... I'm personally A-OK with my taxes going to up help public education, but my guess is there will be outrage.
I meant locked exit points. Every school here is exactly like you just said, one main exit, must be buzzed in, there are armed resource officers, etc. Plenty of exits they are just locked, monitored & "emergency only". Clear back packs was a good idea, the idea it was unconstitutional was moronic & sort of shows one side isn't interested in solutions, only the laws they want. We go through metal detectors at court houses, police stations, train stations, all sorts of stuff. I don't care if schools are like the TSA, I get through metal detectors pretty quick. One because I know I will have to so I don't have a lot of metal on me, Two because it isn't that big of a PIA to argue a negative for these kids. I honestly can't think of anything metal my kids carry in their backpacks except 3 ring binders. Ditch those.

I don't think local taxes should pay for these security upgrades, the Feds should & should do it now. Unconstitutional for Trump to try & sign gun laws you guys want, fully with-in his power to fully fund this program with a stroke of a pen.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-24-2018, 10:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer808 View Post
The easiest & immediate solution is simply make it one entry point, one exit point.
You mean like the kind they had at sandy hook. It was locked, but it turns out that I guy with a gun can pretty quickly shoot off a lock and go into a school.
But please tell me more about armed guards and metal detectors.

Metal detectors is the DUMBEST thing I've heard today. These guys are not trying to sneak the guns in they are shooting their way in. How is a metal detector gonna do jack?
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       05-24-2018, 10:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by plhorn View Post
You mean like the kind they had at sandy hook. It was locked, but it turns out that I guy with a gun can pretty quickly shoot off a lock and go into a school.
But please tell me more about armed guards and metal detectors.

Metal detectors is the DUMBEST thing I've heard today. These guys are not trying to sneak the guns in they are shooting their way in. How is a metal detector gonna do jack?
Forget your pills? Do you ever bring anything but overtly emotional retardation to the table? One guy does this & now it's "these guys are shooting their way".
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-24-2018, 10:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
I don't think local taxes should pay for these security upgrades, the Feds should & should do it now.
Where exactly do you think the feds get there money if it isn't from taxes?
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       05-24-2018, 11:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidekicknicholas View Post
Where exactly do you think the feds get there money if it isn't from taxes?
Well no kidding man, but when talking schools it is directly taxed & paid for by county. When you say "raise taxes", in this manner, that typically means the school district going to vote asking the taxpayer to fund more bond money. In this specific case the feds can foot the bill without having to ask the voters to increase taxes to fund it, like a school district would have to. The feds can do what they always do & rob our social security with an IOU.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-24-2018, 11:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer808 View Post
Forget your pills? Do you ever bring anything but overtly emotional retardation to the table? One guy does this & now it's "these guys are shooting their way".
Yeah, I bring actual facts.
Name one shooting where the kid snuck a gun into school. For that matter how do you sneak a shotgun or AK in a backpack?
You and the NRA are coming up with stupid ideas like clear backpacks, metal detectors, banning trenchcoats because you don't want to give up your stupid toys. Face the real issue and face it today. All these other ideas are bandaids on a gigantic gushing wound.

Last edited by plhorn; 05-24-2018 at 12:00 PM.
Old     (CALIV210)      Join Date: Jun 2015       05-24-2018, 12:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by plhorn View Post
Its gonna take a while to break down this stupidity so lets go point by point:



Are you suggesting that we shouldn't have laws?



It turns out that kids all over the world play GTA and COD but only kill people here. On top of that the kids that have gone on shooting sprees by and large didn't play violent video games.



The same people who are stopping gun control are the people that cut funding to mental facilities (GOP)


A couple of things:
1. How to you measure that the US is better than most other countries?
We are 14th in education
We are number 35 in under 5 mortality.
We are number 211 in infant mortality

Even USNews (who is clearly gonna be biased for the US) ranks us as #8 best country.


2. With regard to your "go live somewhere else comment": No. my stuff is here.



It's called an AMENDMENT. Get a dictionary and look up what that means. hint (we can change it)



Guns are fun. I like guns, its fun. However the fact that anyone can buy them anywhere is a problem. Is having to wait a month for a decent sanity/criminal check to high a price to pay to save kids lives?

I like wakeboarding but if wakeboards were regullarly used to kill a bunch of kids you'd bet your ass I'd be totally cool about having to take a bunch of tests before being able to buy one.

Where are your priorities?
Dude you didnt break a damn thing down . You are part of the problem . You think because I said the laws arent working that I think we need no laws at all . Thats the way you liberal left leaning folks think I see it all the time . Especially out here in Ca .

Your break down on violent video games is BS too . You dont think these outcast kids dont sit and play these games until they are numb enough to the on screen killing that it makes it easier to play out in reality ?

How do I measure the US is better ..Go away with that crap I dont see the amount of Americans moving abroad as I do coming in . DO YOU ?
Old     (CALIV210)      Join Date: Jun 2015       05-24-2018, 12:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer808 View Post
Then we're on the same page with at least this. I don't think arming any ol teacher is a good idea either. But there are several that could qualify for it & be worth consideration. The easiest & immediate solution is simply make it one entry point, one exit point, metal detectors. Pretty simple. Ever heard about a mass shooting at an inner-city school where they have metal detectors & armed guards at the front? Me either.
Your right I grew up in the hood we had metal detectors and nobody got shot once that happened .
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       05-24-2018, 12:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALIV210 View Post
Dude you didnt break a damn thing down . You are part of the problem . You think because I said the laws arent working that I think we need no laws at all . Thats the way you liberal left leaning folks think I see it all the time . Especially out here in Ca .

Your break down on violent video games is BS too . You dont think these outcast kids dont sit and play these games until they are numb enough to the on screen killing that it makes it easier to play out in reality ?

How do I measure the US is better ..Go away with that crap I dont see the amount of Americans moving abroad as I do coming in . DO YOU ?
Exactly. He has a lot of feelings, but short on logic. There's a reason the military plays games all the damn time; to get them to be ready to kill. Hell, in WWI they could hardly get soldiers to shoot at other humans and that is why the silhouette of a human target came to be.

Phlorns large labia prevents him from seeing it any way but his own. And as you can see the air is really thin on that pedestal he puts himself on.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       05-24-2018, 12:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by plhorn View Post
Yeah, I bring actual facts.
Name one shooting where the kid snuck a gun into school. For that matter how do you sneak a shotgun or AK in a backpack?
You and the NRA are coming up with stupid ideas like clear backpacks, metal detectors, banning trenchcoats because you don't want to give up your stupid toys. Face the real issue and face it today. All these other ideas are bandaids on a gigantic gushing wound.
What fact, Emotional Mouth of Wisdom? That not one shooting has happened at a school with metal detectors? **** you & your demand for us to give up guns. We already know you pussies won't come get them yourselves so you want the cops you damn on a daily basis to do it for you. Laughable. Are you even able to get & keep an erection with how much estrogen you have flowing through your veins?
Old     (TimesNewRoman)      Join Date: Feb 2018       05-24-2018, 1:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by plhorn View Post
. Face the real issue and face it today. All these other ideas are bandaids on a gigantic gushing wound.
Yeah Plhorn. Lets face the real issue and not just hack at the leaves. Do you seriously think for one split second that tighter gun laws or even an all out ban on fire arms will make a potential murderer not carry their plan. You're hacking at the leaves BRO. You think that guns are the root problem. Your argument is the same as the drug war. Make guns extremely hard to get and you will create a black market for such items where the only people who carry are criminals. They won't be hard to get. When I was in highschool a lot of people wanted to buy alcohol, cigarettes, pot, lsd, etc... Guess what plhorn. The illegal drugs were the easiest to get. This is why I am against the drug war, and yes I am aware of Jeff Sessions agenda. The drug war has done nothing but create a totally unregulated market. With guns it will be even worse.

School shootings are becoming the norm but I think it has more to do with mental health, bullying, fatherless homes, motherless homes, lack of compassion, and essentially a societal issue. Believe me, I wish it were the guns, I wish it were that easy, I wish we could write a few laws and fix it, but unfortunately it is much worse than this.
Old     (TimesNewRoman)      Join Date: Feb 2018       05-24-2018, 1:20 PM Reply   
The war on the second amendment will ultimately negatively effect minorities more than anyone else too. Bet.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       05-24-2018, 1:50 PM Reply   
Anyone who cares to check on their free time. Get an IP blocker, download TOR, make an account at any dark net market (reddit has full on tutorials) & see for yourself just how flipping easy it is to get fire arms. Grenades & C4 not so much anymore, but pistols & rifles all day long. You think your USPS is catching this stuff? Do you know how many drugs are mailed daily? How easy it is, the stealth the sellers use, the fact that billions of packages move everyday & it's damn near impossible to catch even 99% of the illegal sales.

And Time is exactly right, we could get weed, coke & meth quicker than we could booze. They still sold minors cigarettes back then when we'd say "our mom wants a pack of camels".

For some reason lefties are just fine with mass stabbings, vehicle attacks, clobbering people to death but those pesky fire arms. You know why we don't suffer like the people in the UK do? Cause there's a fair assumption when thinking about attacking someone they may be armed here. In the UK they know damn well they aren't so it's open season.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-25-2018, 3:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimesNewRoman View Post
Yeah Plhorn. Lets face the real issue and not just hack at the leaves. Do you seriously think for one split second that tighter gun laws or even an all out ban on fire arms will make a potential murderer not carry their plan. You're hacking at the leaves BRO. You think that guns are the root problem. Your argument is the same as the drug war. Make guns extremely hard to get and you will create a black market for such items where the only people who carry are criminals. They won't be hard to get. When I was in highschool a lot of people wanted to buy alcohol, cigarettes, pot, lsd, etc... Guess what plhorn. The illegal drugs were the easiest to get. This is why I am against the drug war, and yes I am aware of Jeff Sessions agenda. The drug war has done nothing but create a totally unregulated market. With guns it will be even worse.

School shootings are becoming the norm but I think it has more to do with mental health, bullying, fatherless homes, motherless homes, lack of compassion, and essentially a societal issue. Believe me, I wish it were the guns, I wish it were that easy, I wish we could write a few laws and fix it, but unfortunately it is much worse than this.
Why have any laws at all? People are going to speed, why have speed limits? If you own a store, you wouldn't just say "Well, people are always going to find a way to shoplift so there's nothing I can do".
Old     (TimesNewRoman)      Join Date: Feb 2018       05-25-2018, 7:11 AM Reply   
Shooting people in the face is already illegal. Why can't we own guns and obey the laws in place.

Speeding is illegal, how about we make cars that are capable of speeding also illegal.

Cats out of the bottle man. Pandora doesn't go back into the box.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-25-2018, 12:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimesNewRoman View Post
Shooting people in the face is already illegal. Why can't we own guns and obey the laws in place.

Speeding is illegal, how about we make cars that are capable of speeding also illegal.

Cats out of the bottle man. Pandora doesn't go back into the box.
Australia put the cat back in the bottle and we can too.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004       06-27-2018, 1:11 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by plhorn View Post
Australia put the cat back in the bottle and we can too.
Australia also CONFISCATED 650,000 firearms. Not happening here.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-27-2018, 3:04 PM Reply   
Actually, they bought back that many weapons. and why not happening here? Apart from the crazed rednecks cold dead hands thing?
Make it illegal to not hand in your guns and the crazy red necks can bury their guns in the back yard. Fine. As soon as they step out of line there is one more thing we can arrest them for.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004       06-28-2018, 11:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by plhorn View Post
Actually, they bought back that many weapons. and why not happening here? Apart from the crazed rednecks cold dead hands thing?
Make it illegal to not hand in your guns and the crazy red necks can bury their guns in the back yard. Fine. As soon as they step out of line there is one more thing we can arrest them for.
Haha!! oh man, just have to laugh at some of the **** you come up with.

....the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Like chinese food?
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-28-2018, 3:43 PM Reply   
"A WELL REGULATED MILITIA, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Last I checked the hillbillies that make up half of this country are not a well regulated militia.

Have you noticed that it is called an "Amendment" look up what that means.

Also, the people that insist we all follow rules that were written in the 18th century should be forced to use the medical care of the 18th century too.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       06-29-2018, 7:44 AM Reply   
Your Collective Rights Theory has been stricken down twice in the supreme court.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004       06-29-2018, 9:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by plhorn View Post
"A WELL REGULATED MILITIA, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Last I checked the hillbillies that make up half of this country are not a well regulated militia.

Have you noticed that it is called an "Amendment" look up what that means.

Also, the people that insist we all follow rules that were written in the 18th century should be forced to use the medical care of the 18th century too.
we've had the amendment conversation about 15 times. yet you still act as though a constitutional amendment is not part of the fiber of this country. Would you feel better if we called it a codicil? A supplement to the constitution? How about a rider? Addendum?

I'll explain it like this: The founders said, "In addition to the Constitution, we have several other rights and liberties we'd like to protect, let's call them AMENDMENTS." Do you understand now?
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-07-2018, 1:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by plhorn View Post
Actually, they bought back that many weapons. and why not happening here? Apart from the crazed rednecks cold dead hands thing?
Make it illegal to not hand in your guns and the crazy red necks can bury their guns in the back yard. Fine. As soon as they step out of line there is one more thing we can arrest them for.
How do you explain the amount of shootings/deaths in Chicago when they have some of the most strict gun laws in America?

I'm a law abiding citizen with a concealed carry license in the State of Louisiana, why should I lose my gun rights because the criminals don't know how to act?

At what point do we place blame on the person pulling the trigger, a gun doesn't fire on its own.

More people are killed in automobile accidents every year yet your not on WakeWorld trying to ban automobiles. There are certain people that should not be allowed to own guns, but unfortunately, if you block certain people from owning a gun, then its considered discriminatory.

Reply
Share 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:52 AM.

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
Wake World Home

 

© 2016 eWake, Inc.    
Advertise    |    Contact    |    Terms of Use    |    Privacy Policy    |    Report Abuse    |    Conduct    |    About Us