Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 12, 2008

Old     (goride)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-24-2008, 10:32 PM Reply   
what ever happened to funded technologies wakeboards?

They looked like really good boards and i never got a chance to ride one. I talked to one guy who said they make them in small batches now so does anyone know how to get a hold of one of these bad boys or know how they ride?
Old     (norcalbordr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-25-2008, 8:40 AM Reply   
I used to know one of the guys who was part owner. His name is Doug. I know he was working at the Discovery Bay Marina last summer, not sure if he still working there. I'll be up there tonight so I'll keep an eye out for him tomorrow if I head over to the marina.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-25-2008, 9:02 AM Reply   
They ride like a wakeboard with no rocker.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       04-25-2008, 9:09 AM Reply   
Bahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaha

THats great J-Rod.

THREAD HI-JACK

Yo J-Rod, you coming to MN to visit your family here this year?

End THREAD Hi-Jacking
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       04-25-2008, 9:16 AM Reply   
Plus they're really delicate.

Cool looking boards. Maybe they should be used for decoration, not for riding.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-25-2008, 9:31 AM Reply   
Andy, I was just thinking that I really need to get out there to visit the fam and meet you guys.

Evan....any interest in a Minnesota trip to ride with Andy and his crazy crew? Free stay with my family.
Old     (norcalbordr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-25-2008, 9:34 AM Reply   
J-Rod and Evan, you guys riding the Delta this weekend?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-25-2008, 9:36 AM Reply   
Negative Jason for me. I've got my last dirtbike trip of the year. From Spring ride forward, I'll be out every weekend.
Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-25-2008, 9:40 AM Reply   
Jason we will be out there tomarrow, Why whats up?
Old     (tonis)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-25-2008, 10:14 AM Reply   
Had one, blew out the inserts on the 2nd ride and that was that. I returned it, the shop said they would take care of me, but the company was having troubles on the warranty claims.

Andy-I'll be out your way at the Extremity Games July 25-26 at Pontiac Lake in Waterford, MI. Halla!
Old     (norcalbordr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-25-2008, 10:41 AM Reply   
We'll be out there tomorrow, twin sloughs, Victoria area. We will be on an 07 all white VLX. Keep an eye out and say wuttup. What boat you gonna be on?
Old     (derekcook)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-25-2008, 11:00 AM Reply   
Whats up guys.

I rode for funded for a 1 1/2 years and from personal experience i think their boards were and still are pretty rad. The boards are constructed using balsa wood and snowboard glue to make a super light board. Josh Smith and Darin Razor designed there 2 shapes, which were one of the first boards if not the first to have a spine for softer landings on the bottom of the deck, back in 2001. The board rides fast and smooth with good pop from its 2.9 inch rocker.

goride- i can get you in contact with the right people to get one of these boards. just shoot me an email.

Its also graced our cover of Alliance a couple years back.

Upload
Old     (norcalbordr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-25-2008, 11:04 AM Reply   
D Cook on the WW postings huh? I haven't seen you on here before. Whats new?
Old     (derekcook)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-25-2008, 11:10 AM Reply   
what up J? I get on here from time to time. Not too much new over here. just been ridin, workin, and livin'. whats up with you these days? we should try and get out on the water one of these times
Old     (norcalbordr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-25-2008, 11:13 AM Reply   
fo sheezy. Season is starting up right now. We built a kicker to play on this summer. You gotta come play on it.
Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-25-2008, 12:53 PM Reply   
Jason we will be in BC III all red with a black back. X STAR OF COARSE

Hey Derek,,thanks for the Gator Stickers, they were fun to pull off. Be on the look out for some paybacks. Seeya next weekend
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-25-2008, 1:22 PM Reply   
Ahhh...Derek had to come along and discredit my statements. He's 10 time the rider that I am, so there's nothing left to say.
Old     (norcalbordr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-25-2008, 1:38 PM Reply   
All Red with a black back, I'll keep an eye out. I need to put some faces to all these names this summer.
Old     (jpod)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-25-2008, 4:30 PM Reply   
word on the streets is he might be pressing a some this summer with some new shapes. not sure tho ive heard that about every summer.
Old     (jgmaher)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-25-2008, 7:52 PM Reply   
I talked to the owner a couple months back. He says that he has enough materials to make 150 boards. He SAYS he's going to press more out this year to make use of his materials so they don't go to waste. Go on myspace (if you have it) and find funded on there. Send the guy a message and he should get back to you. I'm pretty sure he'll be slangin them around the norcal/dbay area. Hope this was helpful.

ps fundeds are bad*ss
Old     (mjmurphy53711)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-25-2008, 8:01 PM Reply   
Jrod/Evan, just come down for the damn pwt stop or Nationals and get a taste of green water for once.
Old     (wakekid11)      Join Date: Jul 2003       04-26-2008, 3:13 AM Reply   
i rode one for about a year. i really progressed on it. it was a great board. great pop, soft landings and a just overall good board. the bad thing was i wore out the board very fast, probably cuz it was balsa wood. but i landed a lot of new stuff on it, and i bring it back every now and then for a fun ride. plus cool graphics and everything made it a sick board
Old     (stachiestach)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-27-2008, 11:40 AM Reply   
I was at the factory yesterday and he has some 140's pressed with a new rocker line. He also has the new 135's pressed which has a new top design; the tip and tail are solid across. The new design is stronger. The 142's are going to be pressed once he has enough 135's. A lot of people are asking for the 35's. We will post up some pictures soon.
Old     (goride)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-27-2008, 11:53 AM Reply   
how much are the 140's going for and are there any pics?
Old     (funded_tech)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-27-2008, 3:52 PM Reply   
as the sole owner and operator of funded technologies since its conception in 2001, i figured i need to clear the air. the last three years no boards have been made available to the general public. this does not mean that i have not been pushing the business foward only that you could not get your hands on one. the art of building good wakeboards is much harder than u probably assume. the last three years have been spent refining construction and design on the dynasty series in addition to developing a second model which is a 140 cm with 2.3 inches of rocker. i have been workin mad overtime at the factory and to be honest i am not sure if i will be releasing boards to the general public this year. funded is basically a non profit organization dedicated to pushing the sport of wakeboarding. so to my friends d roc, james maher, and steve s thanks for your continued support. to all the posers and haters shame on u. - vin ceo funded
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       04-27-2008, 4:09 PM Reply   
Thats cool that you are making your own boards. I think it is very honest and noble of you to not release your boards prematurely. It seems like a lot of companies just start selling their products without the needed R&D. This leads to angry consumers, thus hurtin their business. I even think some well-known board companies release their products without the needed R&D, and then they have to warranty a ton of equipment.