Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (jman)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-09-2010, 2:46 PM Reply   
Has anyone ever experimented and drilled holes in their binding baseplates? I have 8" bindings and a 6" board, meaning i want my wider stance. I have 2008 Slingshot bindings which have plastic baseplates.

Is this something i should not touch or give it a try?

thanks
Old     (bc123)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-09-2010, 3:16 PM Reply   
If you dont care about the warranty or the bindings, try it an let us know how it went.

Oh and take pics!
Old     (adambarry)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-09-2010, 3:38 PM Reply   
I did it on my 07 shanes to put on my 09 lyman. And It worked great. I drilled a pilot hole on each end where it was needed. Made sure it was through metal (cause the plate isn't entirely metal) and drilled the correct sized hole. Got a punch and punched out the rubber parts. Went to the hardware store got some metal washers to make the screws fit flush with the original hole height. and it has worked ever since. Not a problem at all and I have taken some hard falls and rough impacts with them and they still are holding up fine. But they were metal I am not sure how plastic will hold..

Last edited by adambarry; 08-09-2010 at 3:42 PM.
Old     (moon)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-11-2010, 1:32 PM Reply   
Adam do you have any pics of this setup. I'm getting a left over 09 Shane and will be using my 08 LF Alpha's for the rest of the season. Once the season is over I'll be looking for some newer boots and through the Alpha's back onto the LF Substance.