Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 22, 2008

Old     (bamacpa)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-05-2008, 7:00 PM Reply   
My son broke his Ibex a little over three weeks ago. I took it to our local shop who is an authorized Ronix dealer and they contacted Ronix for a replacement board and bindings (the liner comes out every time you you take them off). The first word I got back was that they were out of the Ibex 139 and would try to locate one at another dealer. It has been three weeks now and still no board or bindings. I know that both Performance Surf & Ski (Orlando) and Ambush Boarding Co (Buywake.com - Atlanta) both show the Ibex 139 and Cell bindings (13-14) as in stock. Makes me wonder how hard the Ronix crew is looking for a board and bindings for my son. Now the Expo is next weekend, so I'm sure we'll get put off another week due to gearing up for that. At this point, just send the 2009 models. Want they be out after the Expo? And I know they would have plenty of those.

None of this would be a big deal, but we or going to compete at the INT USC in about three weeks and need to practice on that board. By the way Ronix was made aware of that fact.

Has anyone else had problems with customer service from Ronix? At the three week point I think I should have heard something like, "we've located a board and bindings and we're having them shipped out tomorrow", or "we haven't been able to locate this board or bindings, so we're going to send you the 2009 models right away".

Any advice on what I can do to expedite the process would be greatly appreciated since time is of the essence.
Old     (wakeboardlasvegas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-05-2008, 7:03 PM Reply   
Call them directly would be the best bet, maybe call them EVERYDAY?
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-05-2008, 7:48 PM Reply   
PM Sent
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       09-05-2008, 7:50 PM Reply   
I agree... Call them, everyday. I don't think I've ever heard of a board company having bad customer service/warranty issues... It's always been the complete opposite.

Good luck!
Old     (greg2)      Join Date: May 2002       09-05-2008, 9:10 PM Reply   
I broke my ERA 142 about 3 weeks ago and had the "new" redesigned ERA in less than a week! Thanks to Corey Hyperlite.
Old     (bamacpa)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-06-2008, 6:37 AM Reply   
Thanks guys for the input. To be honest, I never thought about calling them myself. I had a friend who took his Ibex to a dealer and they handled everything. I thought that would be the best route.
Old     (perfski)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-06-2008, 7:26 AM Reply   
Hi Allen,
This time of the year, it is likely that dealers can run out of product and Ronix simply doesn't have product to replace you. But that said, the dealer you bought it from should be able to get a Return Authorization and at a minimum...if they can't replace it offer you credit towards another board. If they won't do that, you are doing business with the wrong shop. Even if they don't have it....they should continue to work to find a dealer who has it, and stay on it for you....its about desire to try and resolve the customer's problem. So don't really put this all on Ronix....it must lie evenly with your dealer. They sold it to you, and ultimately they are your first line of contact. A big challenge for consumers...and something I think alot of customers take for granted is customer service "AFTER" the sale. It easy to put on your customer service face during the sale....but the true measure of service is when problems arise. Your dealers rapport with the vendor is key...and ultimately you need to get taken care of or at a minimum...if it is a true defect...made whole. Go to your dealer...have them make the calls...if they can't get you an 08 model...get a refund and find a shop that has it and buy one from another shop. Or pocket the money till the 09 product comes out...

Bill @ Performance.

PS: Just because Ronix shows product at Expo...does not mean they will have it for sale. Typically if there is any product, there is VERY limited amounts...and usually will go to distributors a few shops. If you want to ride now...find an 08 or get your money back. You might be able to get an 09 in the next 4 weeks, but I can tell you I would not expect to find 09 Cell Boots anytime soon (next month).
Old     (bamacpa)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-06-2008, 7:41 AM Reply   
Thanks Bill, that's why I went to my local dealer first. Ronix did tell them they were out of that board, but the rep told them he would try to find one at another shop. That is where I'm getting confused. Is it the dealer or rep who should be finding the board? This is probably all some misunderstanding. I had a friend who told me that any authorized Ronix dealer could help me out. My local shop is not who I bought the board from because they were not in business at that time. But they sponsor my son, so I thought that would be a good place to start since I was told that any authorized dealer could help me. Like I said there is probably a lot of misunderstanding going on, especially on my part. That's why I started this thread, to see if I should be doing something different; not to blast a company on a public forum.
Old     (perfski)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-06-2008, 8:37 AM Reply   
Hi Allen,
It ultimately comes back to the dealer....they should be persistent in trying to help you out. You need to go to the dealer you purchased the board from....part of their responsibility as a dealer is to service you. I can tell you, that going to a dealer who you didn't buy the board usually creates an awkward situation for them. In todays age of ebay purchases and grey market deals...we have to prove it was purchased from an authorized dealer...and even though most dealers won't admit it...I can promise you that in our minds we always are asking "why didn't you buy it from us in the first place?" Customer Service after the sale often gets overlooked in the buying decision. But again, if you've got a receipt from an authorized dealer...any Ronix dealer should start help facilitate a warranty but the quickest and simplest path should come from the store you purchased it from. That said, if your son has as Ronix Dealership that sponsors him, why aren't they getting him back on the water...helping him resolve this. If they are sponsoring him, I would presume its because he is a good rider and influences other customers to come purchase items from their shop....that said, it doesn't do them any good to not have him on the water, or to have a thread like this out there. They should be Extremely motivated to get this resolved...as it should be in their best interest. ....(even without a receipt) Ultimately its about motivation to help a customer.

Allen, If you can't get this resolved, send me a PM on the dealer you purchased it from, I will go to Ronix direct and have them contact them on your behalf to try and resolve this. And if that doesn't work, send me photos of the board / boots and receipt and I can get involved with it....see what I can do...but again, I would think a the original shop you bought it from / or the shop that sponsors you son would be the quickest / easiest avenue here...again its about motivation to satisfy you. Both should be highly motivated.
Ronix will make it right as long as there is legit warranty issues. But they need to know when dealers don't live up to the service standards they seek from their dealers. Sorry if this is long winded, but these issues are personal to me as service after the sale is one of the things that often gets forgotten about when consumers purchase items these days strictly based on price....and it only comes up when there are problems like this. I hope you can get this resolved...if not, hit me back and I'll try to help as I can.

Bill at Performance.
Old     (element8456)      Join Date: Feb 2008       09-06-2008, 8:45 AM Reply   
Ronix always helped me out pretty fast
Old     (bamacpa)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-06-2008, 10:02 AM Reply   
Thanks Bill. I've had a couple of guys say they could/would help me out. I'm not trying to get anyone in trouble or blast someone. I just want to get my son some gear to practice on. I feel like our local shop is trying to help, and in their defense they have not been open but about six months and only carrying Ronix maybe two or three months. May be some inexperience there, but they are good people. I feel like my son represents them well. He is always pushing them when the opportunity arises and I know has led to sales at the shop. Thanks for the help.
Old     (adam_balon)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-06-2008, 12:03 PM Reply   
i think some of it can also fall upon the ronix rep. i own a shop and i have seen great reps that promise and deliver and i have seen bad reps that promise the world.... but never deliver.

i use the services of my great reps 100% and if needed bypass the ones who never deliver.

bill is 100% right. customer service is more than just selling someone a board. if your son rides for the shop... do they not even have any demo boards. i have even given my own stuff to a customer to make sure they dont miss a day on the water.

adaM
Old    sealyon.net            09-06-2008, 12:17 PM Reply   
Allen we have never had any problems with Ronix, they have always made good on their product in a very timely manor. We just replaced a board for a customer here at Pickwick and got it 2nd day air (we paid the extra shipping)though. But they have been great to deal with.
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-06-2008, 4:05 PM Reply   
Ronix gives great customer service. IMO they go the extra step with a personal touch.
Old     (salsajs3030)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-06-2008, 9:35 PM Reply   
They hooked me up on my bindings...cool people.
Old     (bamacpa)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-06-2008, 10:33 PM Reply   
Well I'm not sure where the problem lies, I just know it's been three weeks without the Ibex. Fortunately, we have another board, the Natural, but it just doesn't ride the same. It has kept him on the water though. But for competitions, you want to practice on the board you will be competing on. Our shop has offered to let him use one of their boards, but none are going to perform the same as the Ibex so he is just staying on the water with the Natural (which is a great board, just different). From the responses here, I'm sure once the right people get involved it will be taken care of in a timely manner.
Old     (perfski)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-07-2008, 8:17 AM Reply   
Allen.....Sorry to drone on about it....what has the shop you purchased it offered to do? Will they give you a refund? If not why? If its a legit warranty...this should be an option if they can't replace it.

I checked 4 sources online and found boards available including ours from $299.99 to $274.50. I called and confirmed we had some left. The board could go out Monday.

If the shop you bought it from won't get you a refund / board right away...this is an issue that Ronix needs to know about. Your goals / desires are simple and this should not be extremely straight forward. You shouldn't be punished because a shop doesn't have a board. If a shop can't fufill a warranty...then a credit / refund should be given towards something else / to replace the board.

I'll be in at work Monday at 10 if you want to call...get this resolved. As I said earlier...if you can't get anywhere with the shop, send me photos of the board / boots / receipt for the board and I'll get involved.....or call Ashley at Ronix at. 888-766-4926 and explain this to her. This should have been handled by now and should not be this difficult. Ronix, has strong expectations for their dealers...and if the dealer isn't willing to expedite / resolve this for you...Ronix should know..ultimately their goal and yours are the same...get your son back on the water. Let me know. Bill @ Performance.

Heres a link if you choose to just order one.
http://www.perfski.com/Wakeboards/2008-Ronix-Ibex-.html}
Old     (bamacpa)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-07-2008, 10:18 AM Reply   
Bill thanks again. Like I've said before, I have not contacted the shop that I bought the board from. I took it to our new local dealer who sponsors my son. They were not in business when I bought the board, so they are new to the business. However, they acted like it would be no problem and never gave me any reason why they would not be able to help me. I just thought it would be good to go through them due to our relationship (sponsor). They shipped the board back to Ronix about a week ago. I've never been asked for a receipt or anything.

Maybe I handled this all wrong, but I was never given a reason it would not work. Since I did not buy from them I'm not sure about a refund or credit unless ronix gives it to them. Again, I have no idea how all this works.

I've got a couple of avenues I'm going to explore Monday. Thanks for all your help.
Old     (perfski)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-07-2008, 5:15 PM Reply   
What I would encourage them to do in the future is take photos and email it to them...you might be able to expedite it...as this is not the case now..you are at the mercy of them getting it. All but a few are at trade shows this week..might have your dealer see if Ryan is working tommorrow..track it and have him looking for it at Ronix. Keep me posted if you don't get results quickly.

Bill
Old     (kevin_m)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-08-2008, 1:13 PM Reply   
Can someone just send me the number so i can straight up call ronix. I have the one board and pretty much most of the UV clear top is cracking off and it makes my board look trashy. I have heard of other people having this problem and i guess it happened to me too. If i could contact them directly it would be good so i could maybe get a new board or even my money back so i could buy another board.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       09-08-2008, 2:46 PM Reply   
There phone number is on there website.

http://www.ronixwake.com/

under about
Old     (jefefitz)      Join Date: May 2002       09-08-2008, 2:59 PM Reply   
why cant ronix or the rep get one from one of these shops that have them in stock, send it to allen and have that store credited on an '09 board when it is available. I would think this would be in everyone's best interests, allen gets his board ronix looks good and whoever they get the board from gets rid of product which will soon be a closeout.

2 cents take em if you wantem
Old    wakejjboard12            09-08-2008, 4:34 PM Reply   
rumor has it your local shop is doing everything in their power to get you help on this. but i think calling and harrassing them everyday isn't the best idea especially when you didn't buy this board or any other product from them EVER.

i think it just goes to show you helping out your local shop can come back to help you.

wanting handouts from a new shop just getting on their feet is in poor taste IMHO.

call ronix. or the shop you actually bought it from.
Old     (adam_balon)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-08-2008, 5:37 PM Reply   
wait... you didnt buy the board from your local shop? ohh man. my other posts are way off.
Old     (bamacpa)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-08-2008, 6:57 PM Reply   
Jessica dear, you need to make sure you have all the facts straight before you spout off like that. Your accusations are so far off base I'm not going to set you straight on this forum.

But you do have mail.
Old     (norcalbordr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       09-08-2008, 7:11 PM Reply   
I had the same thing happen with my One bindings last summer. I went back to the shop where I bought them and they warrantied them and I got a pair of 08 Ones (they were 07's that the liner ripped out of). So the shop should take care of it since they sold it to you. They should be the ones to deal with Ronix directly to work out the warranty issue.
Old     (perfski)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-08-2008, 7:39 PM Reply   
Hey Allen, I spoke to Ashley today...she said they had taken care of it...did you hear from them.

Bill @ Performance.
Old     (bamacpa)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-08-2008, 7:59 PM Reply   
Thanks Bill. Our shop told me they had hopefully resolved it. I think she did speak to Ashley or Ryan. I didn't want to say anything until I had my board in hand. But it looks like Ronix really stepped up to the plate again. Just like you guys had said they would.
Old    wakejjboard12            09-08-2008, 8:08 PM Reply   
"Why would you say I am looking for handouts?" re-checked my facts... thats what i heard. word for word almost.

"If you have a problem with me or my son, then you need to address us in a more private manner." no probs at all with your son. think he is a really great rider who is progressing super quick but i think you are giving him a bad rep by always doing stuff like this.

"Please tell your sources to have all the facts or stay out of something that is none of their or your business." this is a PUBLIC forum and YOU did ask for opinions. just giving you mine from a perspective of someone who knows more about this story than others posting on here.

it wasn't my intention to get into a mud slinging match with you and apologize it semi turned into that but dude you need to chill.
Old    wakejjboard12            09-08-2008, 8:11 PM Reply   
glad you got it worked out. tell blake good luck at INTs.
Old     (bamacpa)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-08-2008, 9:22 PM Reply   
Jessica, I wrote you a private email as to not call you out on this forum and yet you post excerpts from it here. Why? OK here goes.

I have bought products from that dealer. I re-checked my facts. So your sources are wrong there. I don't even know what your talking about "handouts".

Your post was full of accusations about which you know nothing about. All you had to say was your last sentence in your previous post. Believe me, it is obvious that you know nothing more about this story than what has been told here.

Again, I wrote you a private email and you post it here. I think you're the one wanting to get into a mud slinging match.

"but i think you are giving him a bad rep by always doing stuff like this." What in the world are you talking about? I asked for advice on what I could do to get a problem resolved. We have a broke board that needs replacing. Wouldn't any father want to get that resolved?
Old     (1r3land)      Join Date: May 2007       09-09-2008, 6:04 AM Reply   
ha...drama...go to the place you bought it, or get a RA number (like i did) and send it yourself to ronix and it will more than likely get done faster...i sent my relix off and got a brand new pair back within 2 weeks, it is not your Local dealer it is impossible to give you a board that they can not get their hands on, i understand where you are comming from, i would do the same thing, but i would also look at the other side of the story...there are alot of people trying to help you out, but honestly from past experience, if ronix or h2o or performance, or any wakeboard shop or such says they cant get someting or that they are trying as hard as they can 99.9 % of the time that is what is really going on, i have done ALOT of buisness with both perf and h2o and i have NOTHING to say bad about either of them, just get a RA number and send it back...more than likely they will send you a new board AND bindings like they have done me about 4 times in the past 2 years, and all within 2 weeks, and by the looks of the board you have nothing to worry about, but if i was in your situation, i would go to the dealer or ebay store you bought it from and talk to them.... H2O is doing everything that they possibly can ( trust me) i have been up there working, and i have personally heard Melissa on the phone several times with her rep trying to bend over backwards and find you a board, and ronix and everyone else, if she had one ( even though you did not buy it from them) and yes i know that they were not in buisness, but if they had one i am sure that they would work with you, just to help you guys out, but} they dont have one, and the rep can not find one in this region...
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-09-2008, 6:17 AM Reply   
A few parents are going to ruin it for the others and give them all a bad name.

I love how the word "sponsored" gets thrown around....
Old     (jhilltn)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-09-2008, 6:44 AM Reply   
If he's wearing size 13-14, he should be able to handle stuff like this himself! couldn't he just ride another 139 from one of the two shops? doesn't matter if it's an ibex or not- he'll be able to do the same tricks on sharpe's or harf's board trust me.
Old    wakejjboard12            09-09-2008, 6:54 AM Reply   
A-dub hit the nail on the head with this case!
Old     (1r3land)      Join Date: May 2007       09-09-2008, 6:57 AM Reply   
i agree (j hill) there is not alot of diff Dans or chads board...the ibex is an in between board of the two, one is faster and one has more pop, the ibex is a little bit of both ( which i like ) thats why i ride ibex, i have 2, and an old hyperlite parks.... i LOVE THEM fixing to get the dark core version...cant wait!
Old     (bamacpa)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-09-2008, 7:17 AM Reply   
Kenny, I appreciate your input. Believe me, I know H2O is doing everything they can and I have expressed my appreciation many times. I even asked them myself if there was something I could do. That's why this thread was started, to see if someone had other recommendations or had similar experiences. I have not said anything bad about any dealer or Ronix on this thread. Yet I get accused of harassing, asking for free handouts, and not being appreciative of what people are doing to help me. These are all false accusations.

I want to thank everyone who got involved and especially H2O (our local shop) for helping me. It appears Ronix is going the extra mile to help us out. We should be getting a board in the next few days.
Old     (hawaiianstiln)      Join Date: Oct 2004       09-09-2008, 11:21 AM Reply   
Never a doubt that this would be handled correctly by Ronix (once they knew about it). :-)
Old     (bnall)      Join Date: Jan 2005       09-09-2008, 8:00 PM Reply   
WOW!!! haha, Just wanted 2 throw out that H2O is the best!... I know if it hadn't been 4 them Blake wouldn't be gettin His board b4 INT nationals since they were sold out in our region. Good work guys! Best of luck at Nationals BLAKE.
Old     (kylielogan)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-10-2008, 6:42 AM Reply   
glad to see ronix stepped up. when i had a problem with my ronix bindings like a year ago they provided awesome customer service and actually had shipped new bindings to me the same day i shipped the old ones to them!
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-10-2008, 8:09 PM Reply   
Allen, you get your sons board yet? What did they end up hooking you guys up with?
Old     (bamacpa)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-10-2008, 8:41 PM Reply   
Brett, got it in today with bindings. Melissa from H2O called me today to let me know she had got it in. She was a bulldog on this hunt. Stayed after it. Thanks again to all those guys over there.

Let me just say Ronix stepped up big on this one. Many thanks to them also, especially Ashley and Ryan. They understood our needs and fulfilled them plus some.