Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 22, 2007

Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       02-28-2007, 4:01 PM Reply   
I was wondering how many people got subscriptions to The Standerd Quarterly magazine. I spaced on it until yesterday, but finally put mine in. I guess the first issue is in a couple of weeks. I must say I am looking forward to seeing a new perspective.

www.thestanderdquarterly.com
Old    alanp            02-28-2007, 5:41 PM Reply   
i'll probably wait to see an issue. i really dont read wbm anymore, it goes generally straight to the trash. too much advertising and the content generally is outdated due to this website.
Old     (hoosairboy)      Join Date: Aug 2005       02-28-2007, 5:57 PM Reply   
I love WBM but your right alan. I am reading about last years tournaments in Feb issue? what is with that? I will check out SQ.
Old    walt            02-28-2007, 6:04 PM Reply   
I subscribed a while back and I'm really looking forward to getting my first issue.
Old     (aoblak)      Join Date: Jan 2002       02-28-2007, 6:08 PM Reply   
I will wait to see the first issue and then make my decission.
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-28-2007, 6:12 PM Reply   
Thanks for the heads up Travis. The Standerd looks like it will be great! I'll probably just order the first issue and see if I want to subscribe.
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       02-28-2007, 6:19 PM Reply   
I DID, I DID!!! Basically right after I found out that they were available...H-flipping-yes, I'll subscribe sight unseen!!
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       02-28-2007, 6:22 PM Reply   
Yep...definitely can't wait for it to show up in the mail!
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-28-2007, 6:54 PM Reply   
I just subscribed today. Hoping it will be sweet.
Old     (shaun_murray)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-28-2007, 7:15 PM Reply   
photo heavy for sure. get on the bus and as travis and i like to say..."get some!" murdog.
Old     (wakeboarder2687)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-28-2007, 7:23 PM Reply   
I subscribed as well, looking forward to the first issue
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       02-28-2007, 8:57 PM Reply   
Shooting from the hip, Meddock sent this message out to everyone on The Standerd's myspace friend list:

Ok, now is the time! WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT! To those who have said 'I'll do anything to support you guys' we are asking that you please buy a subscription online. If you have not done so already, it's not to late to get your subscription of The Standerd sent directly to your doorstep! The first issue is officially complete and being sent to the printer as we speak! Many of you have said you'd get online but still have not done so. I believe the time frame is no more than two weeks away for you to still get your shipping info into the system. If you are unable to support us through your subscription contribution, please copy and paste this email to your own email list. The Standerd is not just wakeboarding and wakeskating related. All photo buffs out their will enjoy the concept and style that goes into every issue. Please forward to all your friends and family who may find interest, or better yet, get online and subscribe today!

Thank you all so much for the continued support!

www.thestanderdquarterly.com
www.myspace.com/thestanderd

While I haven't bucked-up for my subscription just yet, I will.
Old     (breakz77)      Join Date: Mar 2003       02-28-2007, 10:02 PM Reply   
I've saw an unofficial copy and have to say I order my subscription after seeing it..... lot'SsSssS of photo's with no adds. Couldn't ask for more!
Old    xtremebordgurl            03-01-2007, 6:00 AM Reply   
I already bought mine, I might buy another one just to cut up and put on the walls. I'm super excited!
Old     (summerryder)      Join Date: Apr 2004       03-01-2007, 6:47 AM Reply   
One thing that should be pointed out about the Staderd magazine is the 2 people heading up the project.

Two of the best, most respected photographers in the business, Josh Letchworth and Joey Meddock, have teamed up to create this new publication. They have a great concept and vision for the new magazine, less clutter and more photos.

These guys take literally thousands of photos a month, some of which go to advertisers, some go to publications, and the rest go into the vault and never get seen by the general public. OFten times the best shots never see any pages for one reason or another due to advertiser or editorial needs. Now we'll all get to see more of the best pictures from these two leading photographers as well as other top photogs in the bizz.

I think with the Standerd you will begin seeing more creative, artistic shots making it into the pages. I also believe they will be paying keen attention to creating a unique presentation on the page layout. I anticipate it will be different from anything we've seen before.

Both WBM and Alliance do a great job with their respective magazines and with their editorial direction. I think most of us realize there is a different direction taken by each publication and they both have their own look and feel.

I can say that without a doubt the Standerd will also put forth a quality magazine with its own unique quality and direction. I eagerly await the debut of their first widely distributed publication. And I'll even say in advance that people will be completely stoked on it.

These two guys have taken a great leap of faith starting this magazine. And possibly the coolest part is their desire to show us, the readers, the best of what is out there. As they are two of the best around, I eagerly await seeing what their vision of a wakeboarding publication is.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       03-01-2007, 7:16 AM Reply   
sweet! I'm on it. really excited about a new mag.
Old     (trevorhansen)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-01-2007, 7:25 AM Reply   
Let me just say this I am excited to get my frist issue. In the words of Shaun Belmont Murray "Get Some" hahaha Thanks for the heads up Travis everyone get one the ball only two weeks left to get in for the first issue.

Trevor
Old     (mucktoerider)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-01-2007, 7:49 AM Reply   
Just ordered a year. I am stoked for April 1st!
Old    orgborn            03-01-2007, 11:09 AM Reply   
Thanks for the heads up travis ordered mine yesterday, Travis will you post pics of the new boarding school boat you told me about the color scheme when I was at the camp and Ive been excited to see it. The color combo sounded sick.
Old     (cwb_fooguitarlz)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-01-2007, 2:37 PM Reply   
OMG. haha. Shaun Murray, Travis Moye, and Trevor Hansen in the same thread. that is badass.

(Message edited by cwb_fooguitarlz on March 01, 2007)
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       03-01-2007, 4:48 PM Reply   
You forgot Jeff Barton(wakeboarding mouth piece and I think a National and potentially a world champion) and Bess Marine(the only person to ever do 8 sets at The Boarding School in a single day...a Friday no less!)
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       03-01-2007, 4:55 PM Reply   
Ha-ha. I too was going to mention that he omitted JB from his list.
Old    xtremebordgurl            03-20-2007, 1:24 PM Reply   
Just saw a dummy version of the mag and it is sick!!! Thanx for the props travis, that makes my day! Can't wait for the mag to be out, when everyone sees it people are going to be wishing they had subscribed earlier. Its going to be the best thing yet, also an individual issue is great just for the coffee table alone. The level of quality that is going into this thing is incredible. Its more like a book than a magazine, it even feels like high quality when you are holding it. There are some great articles as well and MINIMAL advertising. Also, I was talking to joey and he said even the level of quality of the ads will be high, if they aren't quality they won't run them. I am sooo impressed with the quality of this thing I just can't say enough good about it.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-20-2007, 3:28 PM Reply   
I just ordered my one year subscription. I intend to support these guys and collect every issue. I would also like to take advantage of the photo print services.
Old    xtremebordgurl            03-21-2007, 1:36 AM Reply   
yeah, I think the photo print service is going to be sweet. Quality gallery prints of incredible wake images. I can't wait for this thing to come out! Its been a long time comming for the wake community.
Old     (a907rider)      Join Date: May 2006       03-21-2007, 4:31 AM Reply   
I just ordered two subscriptions (one to keep in good shape and one to carry around and let others look at). Can't wait to get em!
Old    xtremebordgurl            03-22-2007, 5:06 PM Reply   
That's a good idea, I might get a second subscription just to let people check out maybe leave at the school... good thinkin Justin.