Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (hookedonboardin)      Join Date: Oct 2006       06-14-2013, 10:38 AM Reply   
I have done a search and pretty much have the wire gauge, connections and what not all figured out. I am stuck at one important part I can't seem to find a definitive answer for. It's where I should wire the actual hard line for the distribution blocks power source. Battery #1 will be my starting and Battery #2 will be my stereo.

With my Perko setup I have the main boat power going to the Perko main. I have battery #1pos going to post 1 on Perko and pos from battery #2 to Perko 2 post. The boat negative goes to the battery #1 negative terminal and then there is a negative jumper going from battery #1 to battery #2.

What I had planned originally is to wire the power lead from the distribution block to the positive post on batt #2. Thinking this would be the best to prevent any type of interference or sound issue. This will also drain #2 when ever the two amps are running. However I have come across a couple different posts that recommended couple different ways. One stated the postive run for the distribution blocks for the stereo gear should go to the common Perko post and another said it should go to the battery #2 post on the Perko switch. Is this all personal preference or is there an advantage to either if the 3 ways? Is my original ideas of pulling straight from the battery not a good one?

My original idea running the power for the distribution blocks to battery #2's post in the battery and then switching the Perko to battery 2 would then only drain from battery 2 correct? Then even when I switch to "both" to charge before i start or leave it in "both " while cruising or boarding it will pull from both and charge both correct. Just trying to make sure I am doing it right.