Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 04, 2005

Old     (roberto)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-21-2005, 3:34 PM Reply   
Okay, I've read through the posts on waxing the hull, the art of 303'ing, and many uses for Pledge, BUT...what's the best way to keep the green fuzz off my boat hull if I'm parking on the water for a couple months or more? Will wax alone do it, or do I need to bust out with the industrail grade anti-fouling paint? Has anyone had good results with Dophinite products? And what's the best cleaner to remove the dreaded green slime when the time comes? Gracias Amigos y Amigas!
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-21-2005, 4:09 PM Reply   
Depends on what's in the water. Gelcoat blisters are likely.

Your boat is a 2005, I would look into a lift.
Old    jmo52            03-21-2005, 4:56 PM Reply   
One good way is use your boat frequently. If you do want to paint it I would recommend Pettit ( not sure on the spelling) products.
Old     (stef)      Join Date: May 2002       03-27-2005, 6:40 AM Reply   
i live in switzerland. here we have our boat in the water for 6 month. we put anti-fouling paint on them and no problem. choose an anti-fouling that work as osmosis prevent and you don't have to worry about it. every 2 years it need to be repainted.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-27-2005, 8:05 AM Reply   
3 choices
Anti fouling paint
blisters
or a lift
Old     (deepcove)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-27-2005, 11:28 AM Reply   
Anti fouling paint will not prevent blisters, a barrier coat prior to anti fouling will prevent blisters.
Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-27-2005, 11:32 AM Reply   
Ok even better
3 choices
Barrier coat + Anti fouling paint
blisters
or a lift

Old     (deepcove)      Join Date: Mar 2004       03-27-2005, 4:37 PM Reply   
I would agree with that!
Old     (roberto)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-28-2005, 1:04 PM Reply   
I looked into the lift...$5,000. I don't own the slip so I'd have to arrange a deal with the slip owner. This option is feasible, but pricey.
Old     (roberto)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-28-2005, 1:06 PM Reply   
Anyone use 'Easy On Hull Coating' by Marine-Tex?
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-28-2005, 1:29 PM Reply   
Dude, check out the airdock. Go to www.airdock.com and check it out for yourself. About half the cost of a traditional lift, gets the boat completely out of the water, is completely removable from the water...meaning you don't have to worry about owning the slip. It powers either using household current or 12 volt current from your boat battery.

Eric
Old     (roberto)      Join Date: Aug 2004       03-28-2005, 5:45 PM Reply   
Thanks Eric. This is great. And when I'm not using the air bags to lift the boat I can use 'em as monster fat sacks! Sweeeeet.