Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-18-2012, 9:49 AM Reply   
Where to put president # 44

Where, oh where -- to put Obama's picture?
George Washington, our nation's first president and leader of the American Revolution!
Attached Images

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-18-2012, 9:50 AM Reply   
Abe Lincoln, honorable leader who pulled our nation through its darkest time!
Attached Images

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-18-2012, 9:51 AM Reply   
Alexander Hamilton, founding father, first Secretary of the Treasury and
leader of the constitutional convention!
Attached Images

Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-18-2012, 9:51 AM Reply   
Oh that's easy. On food stamps of course.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-18-2012, 9:51 AM Reply   
Andrew Jackson, "Old Hickory " fought the British in New Orleans !
Attached Images

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-18-2012, 9:52 AM Reply   
Ulysses S. Grant, Union army general, led the North through the Civil War!
Attached Images

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-18-2012, 9:55 AM Reply   
Ben Franklin, genius inventor, political theorist and leading author of the Constitution.
Attached Images

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-18-2012, 9:56 AM Reply   
Finally, we have someone to put on the food stamp!!!

Obama's policies have put more people on welfare than any president before him,
so this placement is most appropriate. Unlike the Nobel Peace Prize, for which he
did nothing, this is an "honor" he richly deserves.
Attached Images

Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       09-18-2012, 10:06 AM Reply   
"Obama's policies have put more people on welfare than any president before him,
so this placement is most appropriate."

Huh? Care to provide any actual facts? Didn't think so...
Old    deltahoosier            09-18-2012, 11:18 AM Reply   
You mean actual facts like Bush hates black people, caused Katrina, destroyed the economy? You have any of those? Didn't think so...
Old     (digg311)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-18-2012, 11:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
You mean actual facts like Bush hates black people, caused Katrina, destroyed the economy? You have any of those? Didn't think so...
Objection: Argumentative.
Old     (ord27)      Join Date: Oct 2005       09-18-2012, 11:31 AM Reply   
http://www.trivisonno.com/food-stamps-charts
Old     (theloungelife)      Join Date: Jun 2012 Location: Salt Lake City, UT       09-18-2012, 11:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Alexander Hamilton, founding father, first Secretary of the Treasury and
leader of the constitutional convention!

Hamilton pushed for the current viewpoint of the General Welfare Clause, in Article I, Section 8, which has become the basis on which programs like food stamps are constitutional.I'm not saying that I am 100% against food stamps, but wanted to point that out. My personal favorite bill would probably be Jackson or Franklin. Jackson worked hard to rid the nation of debt, while Franklin was a genius.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       09-18-2012, 11:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by theloungelife View Post
... while Franklin was a genius.
And a horndog, back when you could be a horndog.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-18-2012, 11:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
Huh? Care to provide any actual facts? Didn't think so...
Wes, I guess that didn't turn out Quite the way you hoped! LOL LOL LOL
Attached Images

Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-18-2012, 3:14 PM Reply   
"Obama's policies have put more people on welfare than any president before him,
so this placement is most appropriate. Unlike the Nobel Peace Prize, for which he
did nothing, this is an "honor" he richly deserves."

Name one policy that did that. I guess the crappy economy he inherited had nothing to do with the rise in welfare recipients. And you can see that in G's graph as you look at the yearly increase during the Bush years 2001-2008, in September 2008 the banks collapsed. Oh, to be feeble-minded.

Let me know when you find one of those "policies" G.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-18-2012, 4:21 PM Reply   
Hey Wake: Yea Ill get right on that for you! LOL They say mustard helps with the taste of crow in your mouth you should try some.
Old     (skippabcool)      Join Date: Mar 2011       09-18-2012, 4:45 PM Reply   
Interesting video

Old     (wakeboardingdad)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-18-2012, 5:24 PM Reply   
Name one policy that did that.

Healthcare.
Old     (magicr)      Join Date: May 2004       09-18-2012, 5:33 PM Reply   
Quote:

Healthcare.

Huh?
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-18-2012, 6:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Hey Wake: Yea Ill get right on that for you! LOL They say mustard helps with the taste of crow in your mouth you should try some.
Again, no policies, no facts, just more douchery from G. It really shows your intelligence, bravo.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-18-2012, 6:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeboardingdad View Post

Healthcare.
Please explain how so.
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       09-18-2012, 6:44 PM Reply   
Great video. It pretty much speaks for itself. Grant love the picture on the stamp it's right on. Get enough people to lean on the Government and the dems will be in power for a long long time. In another thread someone posted pics of criminals wearing Obama T-shirts. Hilarious because those are the types of people the dems go after. If you polled all the people in prison you would probably have 80% voting democrat and that's probably no exaggeration. When you have a party who wants to make sure that people don't have to show their ID to vote, you have to ask yourself why would that be? Well now we know.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-18-2012, 7:37 PM Reply   
Wake77, you have been the one to show your true colors in a few threads’ Just because my views don’t align with yours you don't have to go there with the name calling. I forgot that you were a person I should ignore for that very reason. Thanks for reminding me.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       09-18-2012, 10:04 PM Reply   
Grant - seriously. I know math is tough for you, but I see a 100% increase under Bush (if you look at the charts) and a 39% increase under Obama. Also check the trend under Clinton and what got handed to Bush, vs. what got handed to your buddy O. You're smarter than that (at least I have faith that you are).
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-19-2012, 3:10 AM Reply   
Quote:
Wake77, you have been the one to show your true colors in a few threads’ Just because my views don’t align with yours you don't have to go there with the name calling. I forgot that you were a person I should ignore for that very reason. Thanks for reminding me.
Okay, no names, just give me a policy. Be a die hard conservative, anti-Obama, whatever, just give me a policy.
Old     (wakeboardingdad)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-19-2012, 6:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
Please explain how so.
Many businesses are simply not hiring people due to the looming government healthcare concerns and the costs associated with it.

I thought that was pretty easy or are you saying that healthcare was not a "policy"?
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-19-2012, 10:37 AM Reply   
Maybe its the anti private sector, anti rich people, government is going to save us, overtone that has people not hiring. Just maybe.
Old    deltahoosier            09-19-2012, 10:39 AM Reply   
Oh no. If you are going to claim Clinton then you have to take Obama. Clinton was handed a economy from Bush 1. He just rode it out.

On your policies, I have been giving you plenty but obviously you can not get it. It is never going to be one policy. It is a work in progress, a little at a time. If you can not see the wealth of the country leaving then I can not help you. On one side, they don't care where they get the money from as long as they get it. On the other, they are committed to spreading the wealth. Spreading the wealth does not work. Spreading opportunity does, taking the spoils of opportunity does not.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-19-2012, 10:45 AM Reply   
Obama Got's a Stash!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOZ-Etb0k0Q
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-19-2012, 10:47 AM Reply   
Is that the 1998 video were he says he supports redistribution(can't open at work)?
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-19-2012, 1:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by psudy View Post
Maybe its the anti private sector, anti rich people, government is going to save us, overtone that has people not hiring. Just maybe.
Again, more rhetoric, no facts. The wealthy have gotten wealthier during Obama's presidency so how is that "anti rich people"? There continues to be an increase in private sector jobs so how is that "anti private sector"? Government jobs have decreased under Obama. So please explain.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-19-2012, 1:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakeboardingdad View Post
Many businesses are simply not hiring people due to the looming government healthcare concerns and the costs associated with it.

I thought that was pretty easy or are you saying that healthcare was not a "policy"?
That is speculation on your part. Companies that are doing well and need more employees are hiring. The healthcare aspects have nothing to do with it (they don't fully take effect until 2014).
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       09-19-2012, 1:33 PM Reply   
Willie nelson for pres!
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-19-2012, 1:41 PM Reply   
An increase in private sector jobs? 5.3MM people have left the labor force(IE not in unemployment figures). So while your graphs may show a drop in unemployment #s, it is really smoke and mirrors. Nonfarm payroll growth has slowed as well.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-19-2012, 1:43 PM Reply   
^There are private sector jobs added each month, but there is a decrease in government jobs. And I agree payroll growth may have slowed, but that certainly didn't apply to executive positions.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-19-2012, 1:50 PM Reply   
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_943111.html

Not to mention we have to be over 200K to even start making a dent in unemployment.
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       09-19-2012, 2:20 PM Reply   
" If you can not see the wealth of the country leaving then I can not help you."
Yah, I get it, we got a big trade deficit, yet, we are the Richest Country in the World! We have had a trade deficit probably since we stopped being a world supplier oil, yet, we are the Strongest country in the World! We have a lot of people on welfare(do you think that money is going into their saving account?)all of that money goes back into the economy, again making US the Richest country in the world! Our government has been redistributing wealth for decades, yet we have the most Billionaires in the world! We have had a minimum wage forever(this surely has to be bad for the economic system??right?) yet, We have the strongest economy in the World! Our country has been in debt since the First World War, yet, we are Richest Country in the Nation------> We must be doing something right!
The biggest problem today is jobs, the jobs are out there, but they require technical skills and education and that's what we lack, so we will Hire foreigners to fill these vacancies, Welcome to America, the greatest country in the World! come help us grow!
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-19-2012, 3:34 PM Reply   
ooo all the Jobs the Goverment is "Creating", LOL LOL What a joke you mean like the 737 Million Obama gave to Solyndra so they could go bankrupt months later.
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2011...ws-solar-firm/

Make sure you all keep your "O" bumper stickers
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-19-2012, 4:37 PM Reply   
^I'll stick them all over your forehead when he wins the election in November.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       09-19-2012, 4:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by psudy View Post
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_943111.html

Not to mention we have to be over 200K to even start making a dent in unemployment.
Paul, thanks for making my point for me. Your link says 91,000 jobs were added that month. Exactly what I said in my last two posts.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-20-2012, 6:57 AM Reply   
Those number suck. It shows people are not hiring at a rate anywhere close to where they should be. You're not taking into account the attrition rate.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-20-2012, 5:49 PM Reply   
American Airlines is laying off 11,000...

Plus the unemployment numbers do not show the number of out of work sales people who are not receiving unemployment benefits. Realtors and other commission based sales persons who did great when the economy was booming are the ones who are really struggling to make ends meet. And they don't generally receive unemployment when they are "let go."